Replacing some silver nodes with iron.

9 minutes ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

Why not ask for a Silver Sink?

Have Anet do something that makes Silver Ore desirable..

Do the same thing with Gold Ore.

the origin of mess is the under-developed jewelry profession.

asc. trinket should be craftable, but atm the selectable stats ones are tied to LS content.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, paShadoWn.5723 said:

Thank you sir Cpt. Obvious sir!

Then I don't see the problem I suppose.  The distribution is fine.  The demand on the TP is probably more due to players who want to craft items without spending the time to source them.  That's fine.  Time = Money.  It allows other players to do the sourcing and then sell the ore at a profit to their time spent obtaining it.  Your suggestion would crater the iron ore market.  I do not find your suggestion to be a sensible thing to do.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, paShadoWn.5723 said:

And you, Private Obvious!

There are many iron ore nodes in the game so unless you’re running out of them then adding more will not do all that much. 

As others have brought up, you should look into why iron ore costs more than silver ore.  

Hint: It has nothing to do with the number of ore nodes. 

Another potential issue with replacing silver ore nodes with iron is that this will create a large problem if silver ore later gets a more prominent use. The primary means to acquire silver ore in through the nodes. 

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Like 2

When I get to gather in T2 areas it is because I need iron ore. I do not need silver, and even if I needed it, it is cheap on TP. I speculate that is the case for majority of players.

What I do see is excessive amounts of silver gathered, because, I speculate again, most of the players gather every node they come across.

The silver sinks you mentioned is cutting the leaves while replacing some silver nodes with iron ones should strike at the root of the problem.

I do not see how it can possibly crash the iron ore market because increase in total ore production shall be below 30%.

Using the reasoning that maybe sometime silver shall get much more use... well if when, then node distribution change can be reversed.

Silver is a precious metal so having it's rarity on par with iron doesn't makes much sense.

Using the ultimate argument here, gathering iron ore is fun for me and silver ore is not.

1 hour ago, paShadoWn.5723 said:

When I get to gather in T2 areas it is because I need iron ore. I do not need silver, and even if I needed it, it is cheap on TP. I speculate that is the case for majority of players.

What I do see is excessive amounts of silver gathered, because, I speculate again, most of the players gather every node they come across.

The silver sinks you mentioned is cutting the leaves while replacing some silver nodes with iron ones should strike at the root of the problem.

I do not see how it can possibly crash the iron ore market because increase in total ore production shall be below 30%.

Using the reasoning that maybe sometime silver shall get much more use... well if when, then node distribution change can be reversed.

Silver is a precious metal so having it's rarity on par with iron doesn't makes much sense.

Using the ultimate argument here, gathering iron ore is fun for me and silver ore is not.

Unless you’re running out of iron ore nodes, there’s no need to add more.  There’s no reason to replace existing nodes with them either as that would create other possible issues later. Just having that change reversed is poor design for something that wasn’t necessary in the first place. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, paShadoWn.5723 said:

And you, Private Obvious!

And you, Colonel Can't-Understand-Economics, missed the point that those two identified.  Supply isn't what makes the iorn/silver differential.  As others pointed out, silver has far less demand than iron.  Further, new things added to the game tend to use more of the non-jewelry ores, driving demand to further eclipse silver demand.

• Thanks 2

Silver and Gold aren't particularly valuable because there's no Jewelcrafting 500.

I think the problem is ArenaNet made the mistake of making Ascended trinkets too common so crafting them wouldn't have any value; so I imagine when it is eventually introduced it'll produce trinkets that do something entirely different kind of like Ascended food did for Chef.

Edited by Hannelore.8153

11 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

I'm still trying to replace all my Silver.  Used it up in Eye of the North during those weeks that asked for donations. 

Same, had it stockpiled, now I'm more plentiful with iron.  With the festival coming up, I like having some of the cheaper mats to dump.  

Not needed to change the nodes.  Plenty of iron ore in the world.  Might I point you to Brisban Wildlands, Blazeridge Steppes (just iron and gold there), or even Iron Marches....happy farming!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Farohna.6247 said:

Not needed to change the nodes.  Plenty of iron ore in the world.  Might I point you to Brisban Wildlands, Blazeridge Steppes (just iron and gold there), or even Iron Marches....happy farming!

Imagine.  Finding iron ore nodes in a place called "Iron Marches"

• Haha 2

I actually stockpiled up on silver and gold. It's dirt cheap right now, and if Anet ever decides to have it used in some recipes again, I will make a nice profit.

Hence, keep everything as is. Just because it is not valuable now doesn't mean it won't be. Remember leather was dirt cheap once, too. Then ascended armor came around.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1