Mindblowing new weapon revelation

Razor.6392

7 minutes ago, Ganathar.4956 said:

The only mindblowing thing is that people ever thought this mattered. 

I am sure anet forgot about conjure weapons when they have not been given the cc/dmg update i think the last update was 4 years ago.

@Razor.6392 And what revelation is this from?

Added note anet even came out and said they are "braking a lot of there rules" with this set of elite spec. so even past comments by anet are meaningless.

Edited by Jski.6180
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

how are we still starting these threads.

right Lemme throw this down.

Anet have NEVER Stated that they wont give weapons to elementalist that exist as Conjures, the rule was never in place, no dev has ever spoken on this. its purely driven by player Speculation that it wouldnt happen. which may i add one of the arguments fuelling this was based on the fact a Player didnt get a Weapon he wanted the class to get to drove a Speculation to why.

This rule litterally doesnt Exist. so unless a Dev specfiically states this stop spreading this mis-information.

the Leaks have shown Elementalist is Going to get Hammer, we already know this. the devs LITTERALLY put the weapon in the game files. this isnt "Speculation" or "Datamining from the Servers files". this is in the physical Game itself using a Code which Links you to the other Classes Starter kits with the beta event.

we know its Hammer. i get some arent happy with the decision, some have a Bias Against this weapon and others are dissapointed we arent getting a more traditional Ranged weapon.

however keep screeching it isnt Hammer. isnt going to change the fact we arte Litterally getting hammer.

5 hours ago, Jski.6180 said:

Added note anet even came out and said they are "braking a lot of there rules" with this set of elite spec. so even past comments by anet are meaningless.

it never was a Rule in all honesty.. its been player speculation.. Anets never stated Conjure weapons are relevant to this subject in the slightest..iirc (it was a LOONG time ago when this was a topic) someone made the argument the reason we didnt get a Weapon people were screeching for was because it existed as a Conjure.. and has been upheld this long based on the fact elementalist still hasnt gotten a single weapon from its Conjure pool.

Anet never denied or confirmed the situation which i guess is why people kept on believing the situation. i guess this argument proves the theory if u say the same information for a long enough period of time eventually it'll be believed.

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@Daddy.8125

True it was just soo vage that i was trying to cover all points of view.

I think the rule they are going to brake for ele they already did in the last update with self combo fields taking priority over oldest combo fields making them lest about team work and more about filling a roll for a class.

24 minutes ago, Jski.6180 said:

@Daddy.8125

I think the rule they are going to brake for ele they already did in the last update with self combo fields taking priority over oldest combo fields making them lest about team work and more about filling a roll for a class.

That can literally be done with any Ele spec at this point (mainly Blast and Leap, but still)...

I'm incredibly disappointed that hammer was the leaked weapon for Ele. i was super excited for the expansion and that just killed any excitement i had..hammers are what i enjoy using the least out of any weapon type in any game...and ele is the only class i enjoy playing. ive been hoping for a longbow for a longtime...this news makes me want to just go play a different game now if it is in fact true that hammer is what they are giving us.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

31 minutes ago, Azara.8023 said:

I'm incredibly disappointed that hammer was the leaked weapon for Ele. i was super excited for the expansion and that just killed any excitement i had..hammers are what i enjoy using the least out of any weapon type in any game...and ele is the only class i enjoy playing. ive been hoping for a longbow for a longtime...this news makes me want to just go play a different game now if it is in fact true that hammer is what they are giving us.

Yea, I'm holding my disappointment. Maybe the spec will work well with the core weapons...
Also hoping the leaks were just wrong  or misleading (weapon boxes from some other elite concepts, maybe not updated) and that somehow we don't get hammer.

1 hour ago, lLobo.7960 said:

Yea, I'm holding my disappointment. Maybe the spec will work well with the core weapons...
Also hoping the leaks were just wrong  or misleading (weapon boxes from some other elite concepts, maybe not updated) and that somehow we don't get hammer.

I find it difficult to judge the concept without having some idea of how it will play.  If mesmers can use greatswords to shoot long range purple laser beams, who knows what an elementalist with a hammer could be?  But yes, I am also aware there's a chance it won't be hammer and even if it is, we still have the core weapons including staff, which should really some some upgrades anyway.

• Like 1

If it is hammer then it better call down a storm (fire storm, lightning storm, ice storm, hail or stone storm) and not be some melee thing like the conjure.

Think Mjölnir instead of an elementalist smacking someone with a hammer.

A good example of what I mean is Thunderclap on engineer hammer, it is ranged and does damage that well exceeds elementalists' static field on staff which does no damage. If you take away the evade on revenant phase smash it could very well be a water attunement skill if water is able to do DPS. The same thing goes for hammer shock on warrior.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Acyk.9671 said:

It depends how many attunements we get. It could do everything. Mjöllnir up to now was the conjure hammer so they will either develop the concept further with a new approach or rework conjure to give themselves more room. 

Unless they're making an easy elementalist spec that combines 2 elements in one or something like that (so you have air+water with fire+earth or maybe fire+air with water+earth) I don't think that anything other than 4 attunements will be in place. Unless elementalists get a weapon swap that means most of the appeal to playing one would be gone.

Engineers had easy mode on scrapper and to a lesser extent holosmith (engineers had a rep for being difficult); virtuoso is rather straightforward for mesmers at least when I tested it in the EoD beta test.

Staff daredevil is easy mode thief , scourge is basically easy mode necromancer (all cooldowns visible and no shroud management), berserker is easy mode warrior (just spam decapitate), shortbow soulbeast is easy mode ranger, etc. The only class that doesn't have a true easy build mechanically is revenant because some people are not great at energy management : arguably that isn't a problem for most people running invocation for charged mists.

Going off on a tangent, but draconic echo herald probably counts as easy mode revenant. The build rewards using the facets apart from Light and Darkness for their actives, which generally means you can keep your energy up indefinitely due to having not much else to spend it on. The other legend will still have energy management, of course, but as long as it takes more than ten seconds to blow it all you'll just switch back to Glint when you run out.

15 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Unless they're making an easy elementalist spec that combines 2 elements in one or something like that (so you have air+water with fire+earth or maybe fire+air with water+earth) I don't think that anything other than 4 attunements will be in place. Unless elementalists get a weapon swap that means most of the appeal to playing one would be gone.

Engineers had easy mode on scrapper and to a lesser extent holosmith (engineers had a rep for being difficult); virtuoso is rather straightforward for mesmers at least when I tested it in the EoD beta test.

Staff daredevil is easy mode thief , scourge is basically easy mode necromancer (all cooldowns visible and no shroud management), berserker is easy mode warrior (just spam decapitate), shortbow soulbeast is easy mode ranger, etc. The only class that doesn't have a true easy build mechanically is revenant because some people are not great at energy management : arguably that isn't a problem for most people running invocation for charged mists.

Fresh Air Tempest was easy mode ele

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Razor.6392 said:

wait was hammer leaked........? oh well, par for the course with the disappointment that comes from this sorry kitten game.

The PvP boxes with armour & weapons during the first beta seemed to already contain the weapons for the new elite specs (e.g. Harbinger had the pistol, well and Ele had a hammer). While the weapons  on the not yet announced elite specs could be a place holder to fool us, it is most likely an oversight on Anet's QA team and the hammer will be the thing we will get.