Bring this to forums attention

jonesy.1470

Standard damage reduction rules. FWIW the shroud damage reduction in competitive play needs to be reduced.

Edit:

There is nothing to report, some damage reduction stacks additively. From what I've read elsewhere protection stacks additively, so Shroud+protection is 83% damage reduction. Shroud 3 is another 20%. damage taken in shroud still shows the full damage floater and combat log, but life force goes down by half that. Protection and RS3 will reduce it further.

Edited by Lan Deathrider.5910

11 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Standard damage reduction rules. FWIW the shroud damage reduction in competitive play needs to be reduced.

Edit:

There is nothing to report, some damage reduction stacks additively. From what I've read elsewhere protection stacks additively, so Shroud+protection is 83% damage reduction. Shroud 3 is another 20%. damage taken in shroud still shows the full damage floater and combat log, but life force goes down by half that. Protection and RS3 will reduce it further.

No it doesn’t...

12 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Your opinion. We can disagree 👍

It’s not an opinion- literally nothing You said is true.

you really think there are builds walking around with 100% damage reduction or even just 80% all the time.

the answer is god no- in fact is the opposite of that , it lowers in efficacy per stack of damage reduction like every other game on the planet 

Edited by Dantheman.3589

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Edit:

Protection doesnt stack additively.

also in my testing i wasnt running any futher damage reduction in shroud. Just protection then shroud skill 3. which is 20% reduction. so even if you are right thats still only 53% reduction. 

you take 0 damage for 6 secs thats a bug.

2 hours ago, Dantheman.3589 said:

you really think there are builds walking around with 100% damage reduction or even just 80% all the time.

the answer is god no- in fact is the opposite of that , it lowers in efficacy per stack of damage reduction like every other game on the planet 

tell that to 100% damage reduction classes doing raids ( rev, ranger )
some of the bonuses do add up, and you CAN have 100% dmg reduction from adding up bonuses

4 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Edit:

It is not that it is one really simple skill, that is like defiant stance but worse since it is capped, people just do less damage than the 1k net life force output . The OP is not doing 0 damage he is actually healing the life force pool. 
See I get that people have trouble with beating face tank specks in the gold region, but it isn't something to get your nickers in a bunch and we get another Berserker situation where it is a speck that fights large groups but it can't. People might want to either play the class a little or read what it skills do before posting kitten on the forums.

There isn't much Juggernaut  builds left in the game, everyone wants to play the kitten hit and run specks but then complain about bunkers on the sidenodes since they got the jugers(which could die but had enough damage to have some kind of a fight) nerfed out of existence . 

3 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

tell that to 100% damage reduction classes doing raids ( rev, ranger )
some of the bonuses do add up, and you CAN have 100% dmg reduction from adding up bonuses

Could you please edit your message to either remove ranger or say that they use multiple damage prevention skills? Ranger has no such thing as stacking up to 100% damage reduction (or full or permanent damage immunity). Otherwise I could say that any profession has damage immunity with evades / blocks / barrier / distortion / damage prevention skills.

Edited by aymnad.9023

7 hours ago, Dantheman.3589 said:

It is indeed possible to get 100% damage reduction in this game. There are certain sources that do add rather than multiply. Go look up the Immortal Revenant Reddit. The written doc that is linked there was last updated May 25th.

4 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

I've been gone for a few months now.

I come back to check in on this game and this is the first thread I click.

It made me realize how strong of a choice it was to leave this game.

Check this one also 

We might have some bugs or fixes coming in now, depending on how you take it. 

30 minutes ago, Vancho.8750 said:

Ok look it up @Lan Deathrider.5910 is right about it https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Death_Shroud.

The thing is it didn't work this way up to 100% even with infuse terror. So was it a bug before or is it bug now.

Looks more like to me they are 'fixing' the fact that Shroud reduces damage, but the floaters and combat logs don't take the reduction into account. Which would be great, because then people will actually realize how potent Shroud is as defense with 50% damage reduction versus both condi and physical damage once they see the actual damage (read little) that they do to necros in shroud.

Shroud's damage reduction really needs to be reduced to 33% in competitive play during this meta.

23 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Looks more like to me they are 'fixing' the fact that Shroud reduces damage, but the floaters and combat logs don't take the reduction into account. Which would be great, because then people will actually realize how potent Shroud is as defense with 50% damage reduction versus both condi and physical damage once they see the actual damage (read little) that they do to necros in shroud.

Shroud's damage reduction really needs to be reduced to 33% in competitive play during this meta.

Or it could end up like Berserker, since Arenanet doesn't revert nerfs, I'm still waiting on a fix there with defense or healing signet. I remember everyone's obsession with Ignore pain and calling it invuln, small tweaks here and there are forgotten and they stack over time.

15 hours ago, jonesy.1470 said:

Protection plus shroud 3 on reaper = Zero damage taken for 6 secs

I reported this but havent heard anything. 

there is a scrouge version but i only works 50% of the time.

So enjoy or mass report please.

Just had a match against reaper, could see the multiple 0s popping up

This prolly explains why every team had 2 reapers every game

2 hours ago, Vancho.8750 said:

Check this one also 

We might have some bugs or fixes coming in now, depending on how you take it. 

I mean, after you get out of the box and look back in, it REALLY looks like someone at the Arenanet office, if not all of them, are making troll decisions on purpose to mess with the fan base.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I knew it worked differently before, after watching Teapot stream it seems that they made it flat % reduction and before it worked really wonky like you get hit for 10k but you get 5k lifeforce back also if you took 10k and had 10k damage it dropped shroud.  So now it works like you said it worked before and it adds all of the reductions to 100%. Still hope it doesn't end up as Berserker after.  

2 hours ago, Vancho.8750 said:

I knew it worked differently before, after watching Teapot stream it seems that they made it flat % reduction and before it worked really wonky like you get hit for 10k but you get 5k lifeforce back also if you took 10k and had 10k damage it dropped shroud.  So now it works like you said it worked before and it adds all of the reductions to 100%. Still hope it doesn't end up as Berserker after.  

They shot themselves in the foot in that regard. They should have coded it properly to begin with. That said, if it is registering properly and the true DMG reduction is finally showing, then perhaps there will be an outcry about how tanky necro truly is (and I play Reaper as well FWIW so no bias accusations please!)

6 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

They shot themselves in the foot in that regard. They should have coded it properly to begin with. That said, if it is registering properly and the true DMG reduction is finally showing, then perhaps there will be an outcry about how tanky necro truly is (and I play Reaper as well FWIW so no bias accusations please!)

The problem I see is that, they opened up a rats nest since they have been balancing around the Old reduction for years and the flat damage reduction is way better than the Old one, which was working fine enough.

They might make it multiplicative reduction and up and down the numbers in a long balance cycle where it is too tanky or too squishy, the thing is if it is too squishy they'll deem it balanced like for example Berserker. And it might be balanced around the Hit and run build that people on Pvp balance discord play, and I'm getting tired of all the Hit and run or bunker builds since there isn't much bruiser builds left in the game.

I am accusing you for trying to suggest fair balance changes, that might end up half way in the game in a half baked manner, since fair and balanced means also useless while everything else is rolling  on god level.  

Also to note that the 50% flat reduction is now across the board and Scourge gets it too on desert shroud.   

4 hours ago, Vancho.8750 said:

The problem I see is that, they opened up a rats nest since they have been balancing around the Old reduction for years and the flat damage reduction is way better than the Old one, which was working fine enough.

50% reduction should stack multiplicatively. But  as to the original post: 50%+33%+20% is enough reduction to take 0 damage during those 6s.

They might make it multiplicative reduction and up and down the numbers in a long balance cycle where it is too tanky or too squishy, the thing is if it is too squishy they'll deem it balanced like for example Berserker. And it might be balanced around the Hit and run build that people on Pvp balance discord play, and I'm getting tired of all the Hit and run or bunker builds since there isn't much bruiser builds left in the game.

I am accusing you for trying to suggest fair balance changes, that might end up half way in the game in a half baked manner, since fair and balanced means also useless while everything else is rolling  on god level.  

What little faith we have with CMC at this point that we are afraid of fair balance changes... But you're right, it would end up half done like all his Magnum Opus (Feb2020 Patch).

Also to note that the 50% flat reduction is now across the board and Scourge gets it too on desert shroud.   

When the hell did that happen? Not that I play scourge ever but I could swear that desert shroud didn't have the 50% damage reduction and that the barrier and Blood as Sand where the sources of damage negation/protection.