Thief Pistol Autoattacks

Dari.3654

6 minutes ago, Dari.3654 said:

It has no casttime anymore, resulting in a realy spammy playstyle.

Intendet sneaky buff, or a Bug?

More spammy?

LMAO?

You mean just auto'ing?

You guys crack me up, i thought spamming was just pressing every button on your keyboard with no regard for cooldowns or meaning.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Genesis.5169 said:

More spammy?

LMAO?

You mean just auto'ing?

You guys crack me up, i thought spamming was just pressing every button on your keyboard with no regard for cooldowns or meaning.

well its strong enough to enable you to drop offhand dagger for another pistol, keeping your enemy almost permablinded when yourefiring out of a shadowfield.

but maybe im just completely clueless and bad. cant tell

Edited by Dari.3654

9 minutes ago, Dari.3654 said:

well its strong enough to enable you to drop offhand dagger for another pistol, keeping your enemy almost permablinded when yourefiring out of a shadowfield.

but maybe im just completely clueless and bad. cant tell

It's not thats just a meme i see those thiefs i kill them regularly, also let me add pistol buffs allowed pistol users to use something not unload, because the auto is good now. This is a very good change for thief.

Edited by Genesis.5169
Additional Info.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Genesis.5169 said:

It's not thats just a meme i see those thiefs i kill them regularly, also let me add pistol buffs allowed pistol users to use something not unload, because the auto is good now. This is a very good change for thief.

Its been reported as a bug in case it wasn't an undocumented intended change. But I agree with you that it doesn't really change anything other than give a bit more damage to thief when they would be better off properly managing their initiative.

And the comparison to using initiative skills is still bad. You can get maybe 25-30% of your maximum sustained DPS using the auto-attack.  That's frankly not great. If you are able to get 6k dps (fairly high for sPvP) then you might end up doing 2k dps if someone just stood there eating your attacks (a good chunk of that is bleed damage not strike damage so it takes time to build up and cleanse can impact it). 2k , after all that time, is decent but comparable to an auto attack chain on many other thief weapons and weapons for other professions. 

It gets even more significant on Deadeye because you need to be generating malice, which requires you to use your non-auto attack. 

• Like 1

well. maybe it issnt that much of a problem in matches, but since im silly and only do 1v1's in PvP, i gotta tell you.

Its absolutely busted

you realy cant do much against it.

you pretty much can use all your iinit on blackpowder and just spam autoattacks for up to 15 stacks of bleed with almost permablindness.

in addition to that you have bound for easy stealth and even more bleed stacks from stealthattacks.

and beside all that. its an undocumented change it should either get noted in a patchnote or fixed.

22 hours ago, Dari.3654 said:

It's strong against players who don't know how to counter them. Blindness and projectile disruption counter them hard and they are squishy as they run on berserker gear usually.

45 minutes ago, Touchme.1097 said:

It's strong against players who don't know how to counter them. Blindness and projectile disruption counter them hard and they are squishy as they run on berserker gear usually.

playing berserker with this is a waste imo, since, as i mentioned before, you can stack 15 bleeds from autoattacks alone.

11 hours ago, Dari.3654 said:

playing berserker with this is a waste imo, since, as i mentioned before, you can stack 15 bleeds from autoattacks alone.

You have to see the big picture, the player has to stand still shooting you for 15s, it would be a suicide, cause thief is paper. I would love fight a thief trying to exploit autos against me. 

• Like 1

On 8/28/2021 at 9:49 AM, saerni.2584 said:

Its been reported as a bug in case it wasn't an undocumented intended change. But I agree with you that it doesn't really change anything other than give a bit more damage to thief when they would be better off properly managing their initiative.

And the comparison to using initiative skills is still bad. You can get maybe 25-30% of your maximum sustained DPS using the auto-attack.  That's frankly not great. If you are able to get 6k dps (fairly high for sPvP) then you might end up doing 2k dps if someone just stood there eating your attacks (a good chunk of that is bleed damage not strike damage so it takes time to build up and cleanse can impact it). 2k , after all that time, is decent but comparable to an auto attack chain on many other thief weapons and weapons for other professions. 

It gets even more significant on Deadeye because you need to be generating malice, which requires you to use your non-auto attack. 

Have u even played the spec they are referring to?

even if you use an offhand pressing 1 is 80% of your damage.

the 1 handed pistol build is surprisingly workable.

This is definitely near the top of the list of silly things to complain about. Other AAs have both more range and more damage, you don't even have any real mobility options on MH pistol either. Sry but if you're still complaing about P/P thief not having much counterplay then the issue is behind the keyboard.

12 hours ago, Abyssisis.3971 said:

It’s like .2 sec between shoots instead of .68 sec.

It's slightly above 0.43 sec.

Edited by Tails.9372
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

Have u even played the spec they are referring to?

even if you use an offhand pressing 1 is 80% of your damage.

the 1 handed pistol build is surprisingly workable.

I'm one of the oldest P/D thief mains in the game.

After the last patch I ran DPS tests on the golem and the % is based on a comparison between active play and auto passive firing. 

There's a thread the the thief subforum with the numbers if you're curious.

4 minutes ago, saerni.2584 said:

After the last patch I ran DPS tests on the golem and the % is based on a comparison between active play and auto passive firing. 

There's a thread the the thief subforum with the numbers if you're curious.

Impressive except the build is meant to function like p/p but you get to use deadly arts for more of a burst play style.

Edited by RedAvenged.5217
Censored word deadly arts for some reason

30 minutes ago, saerni.2584 said:

The "Have u even played the spec they are referring to?" refers to what sounds like a P/P set using vipers gear ("use all your iinit on blackpowder and just spam autoattacks for up to 15 stacks of bleed") though.

Edited by Tails.9372

5 hours ago, Tails.9372 said:

The "Have u even played the spec they are referring to?" refers to what sounds like a P/P set using vipers gear ("use all your iinit on blackpowder and just spam autoattacks for up to 15 stacks of bleed") though.

Except that does much less damage compared to using initiative skills for damage. Just getting a few more blinds per minute from auto attack doesn't actually matter because you'd get similar or even more blinds from rotations involving Sneak Attack with the benefit of much higher damage. 

Not worth it imo.

Man it was nice using something not unload on d/p p/p daredevil now i just go back to unload and smokebomb and that's it.

Pistol 1,2,4 died again august 31st.

Pistol 3 all we have pistol 5 is there to restealth.

And no single handed pistol build was kitten and has always been kitten streamers meme bad players should not be taken as gospel.

Edited by Genesis.5169
  • Like 1