Chillout with the loot please.

On 8/30/2021 at 10:13 PM, Southerncarl.2740 said:

I'm a returning player working through the expansions and having a great time! One thing I noticed is that the loot rewards have gone into full overdrive. I'm getting swamped with so much of it I really feel like I'm not earning it and I'm just being worshipped by the game. It's gotten to the point where its becoming a chore to go and open all my chests and receive my loot tsunami to go and have to sell it. I don't know what half of it does really and there's so much of it I don't really feel a great desire to. 

Can we make the loot a bit more impactful somehow? Less of it would be a start I don't need to be rewarded with loot for everything I do in the game sometimes experience is enough. Maybe events give you experience but if you complete the full event chain you get loot boxes etc. I'm sure there's a ton of ways the loot system can be made better and I think it's something you really need to look at in the next expansion as at the moment it treats your players like they have the attention span of a goldfish and can't survive without being showered in praise and loot for doing even the smallest of tasks in the game.

I'd not want less loot because most of it is somewhat useful tatter, but I'd rather not have what I call bagception! Why give me a bag, which is full of bags? Sometimes it's bags within bags within bags, just to give me unidentified gear of varying grades. It's a bit ridiculous sometimes.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Holgarf.6581 said:

I'd not want less loot because most of it is somewhat useful tatter, but I'd rather not have what I call bagception! Why give me a bag, which is full of bags? Sometimes it's bags within bags within bags, just to give me unidentified gear of varying grades. It's a bit ridiculous sometimes.

Oh just wait till EOD!

you hated bags within bags?!

NOW YOU GET BAGS WITHIN BOXES, WITHIN BOXES, WITHIN BAGS, WITHIN UNID GEAR, WITHIN CHESTS!!! Coming soon to a shelve near you! Only 29.99$!

😛
in all seriousness, hot is the worst for the bag within bag gameplay, glad they moved away from it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Except junk items. And unsalvageable items.

What is the point of junk items? Is there game value in sending you to a vendor periodically?

Just ecto gamble 100 times in either amnoon or lions arch and you have a permanent merchant item.

That you can then put in a shared slot.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tarrktun_Personal_Delivery_Portal

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Collector's_Edition_Sandstorm

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Just ecto gamble 100 times in either amnoon or lions arch and you have a permanent merchant item.

That you can then put in a shared slot.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tarrktun_Personal_Delivery_Portal

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Collector's_Edition_Sandstorm

At first I didn't think you answered my question. Then I realized you did.

800 gems for copper fed salvage-o-matic, 700 gems for shared inventory slot for it, and 700 for a slot for a permanent merchant, and all your inventory woes are solved. $27.50 in profit is the point of this design.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

At first I didn't think you answered my question. Then I realized you did.

800 gems for copper fed salvage-o-matic, 700 gems for shared inventory slot for it, and 700 for a slot for a permanent merchant, and all your inventory woes are solved. $27.50 in profit is the point of this design.

Or just use a mystic salvage kit like everybody else who doesn't want to spend gems.

• Like 1

Seriously, why is this even a thing? Be thankful you can be fully geared in this game with about 15g with stuff off the broker and not be facing drops worth pittance when you need millions for gear, or even need drops to gear up.

Some of us like to go the extra mile and get the legendary stuff you know? Even with the assumption we get too much loot i still needed to 'farm' to get the items i have. 

Edited by Dami.5046

I remember a game that shall become unnamed where a month worth of playing netted you the GW2 equivalent of 1 gold and basic items needed to like, play and stuff, cost 10.000.000 gold.... Those were the days.

Please Anet, make Guild Wars 2 into a second job! We don't want loot, we don't want to have fun, we want a job grinding for even the most basic things! How else will we show off our epeens and let the world know we're SRS GMRS?!?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Facepalm

• Like 2