Warrior Elite Specialization speculation

SirRocket.3516

I'm guessing it's warrior with off hand pistol.

This much most of us know, but my speculation/idea is that it's a pistol blade.

Each blade is a utility skill that changes your first 3 weapon skills depending on which utility skill you activate. 

Probably not, but hey it's all in good fun. What do you think?

• Confused 2

My guess is that they have an ammo management system and they have a close range AoE that works like decapitate, and explodes hitting 5 people since it's kung fu themed they will be able to do acrobatics and mobility with the explosions. A very high skill ceiling with very high dps output. Utilities would be like traps since warriors never had any traps, and some support.

It's Warrior, thus it'll most likely end up being very simple.

Learning the timings with which to use certain skills will likely be the skill ceiling.

As much as I'd like to see a Warrior that can compete with top DPS while being as easy to play as Reaper or Harbinger, I doubt it'll be substantially stronger than current Warriors (which are the bottom of the barrel for years now).

If its DPS somehow ends up viable at release, it will be toned down before Easter 2022.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, SirRocket.3516 said:

I'm guessing it's warrior with off hand pistol.

Most people I’ve heard from seem to think it is mainhand pistol…. But Is actually agree it’s Offhand….  I know people are speculating that the “sword hilt” in the silhouette is actually an oddly shaped pistol, but personally I think it actually is exactly what it initial appears to be, a sword hilt. I suspect wielding offhand pistol with other mainhand weapons will alter one or more of the mainhand weapon skills.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Panda.1967 said:

Most people I’ve heard from seem to think it is mainhand pistol…. But Is actually agree it’s Offhand….  I know people are speculating that the “sword hilt” in the silhouette is actually an oddly shaped pistol, but personally I think it actually is exactly what it initial appears to be, a sword hilt. I suspect wielding offhand pistol with other mainhand weapons will alter one or more of the mainhand weapon skills.

Maybe warrior gets pistols & Dual skills (like thieves). Along with some self buff based stances for F1-F4. So instead of doing an offensive attack with adrenaline, you use it to fuel your focus into various stances that provide temporary buffs. Kind of like attunements, you're incentivized to swap around a lot. Build adrenaline, and swap attunements. It means the class would be very tactical, but can be very strong if balanced right. 

Speed, Toughness, Offense & Healing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Panda.1967 said:

People are speculating this based on the 'sword' and the fact the box only had one weapon inside of it.
However, this falls apart to me based on the current NPCs in the game using two pistols, in the teaser you can clearly see two gloves with gunsinside of them, I am under the strong belief these are the pistols. The gunsword is the mechanic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smoosh.2718 said:

People are speculating this based on the 'sword' and the fact the box only had one weapon inside of it.
However, this falls apart to me based on the current NPCs in the game using two pistols, in the teaser you can clearly see two gloves with gunsinside of them, I am under the strong belief these are the pistols. The gunsword is the mechanic.

Npcs are more often than not meaningless for e-specs.

We got to see necromancers with shields, yet harbinger gets a pistol.

We saw npcs dual wielding scepters, but I highly doubt that this will happen for any elite spec.

Just because there are warrior npcs which dual wield pistols does not mean that this elite spec will do it.

1 hour ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Npcs are more often than not meaningless for e-specs.

Historically Anet has used the game to hint at Especs. This was confirmed with Chronomancer and I believe confirmed again with the newer Pistol Pistol NPC's (Norn and Charr alike) - Do note I do not include Rytlock as a hint, since Offhand pistol was a Charr trait, but mainhand pistol was not. I'd say Anet has tried hinting this spec multiple times with multiple NPC's.

I strongly believe the warrior will get both main and offhand, just like I believed I was right about my Elite spec icon preditions, so far ive been spot on for all of them shown so far.
https://i.imgur.com/ARk505o.png

• Confused 1

Honestly, the warrior's e-spec is hard to guess.

If I had to give a wild guess, this spec's F1 use the concept of item combination with a pistol as the basis. For example:

- GS would change visually and be wielded like a charrzooka to launch a skill similar to Fire rocket barrage.

- Hammer would change visually and be wielded like a mortar to launch a stunning shell.

- Sword would change to visually to what the picture show and fire a round of 900 range bullets that bleed foes.

- ... etc.

Utilities would all make use of a hidden pistol (charr racial skill) and focus on building adrenaline from 900 range.

- Heal: heal yourself and fire a round of bullets that leech life on hit (8 hits). (traited: gain 1 extra adrenaline per hit)

- Utility1: Fire a bullet and evade backward. (traited: gain 1 extra adrenaline per hit)

- ... etc.

Just involve bullets in everything with warrior like effects.

• Like 1

On 9/5/2021 at 1:33 PM, Fueki.4753 said:

It's Warrior, thus it'll most likely end up being very simple.

I'm REALLY hoping this isn't the case, but you're probably right.

I would love to see Warrior get a spec that gives it more of a rotation.

Warrior was a good profession while learning the game for me, but would love to see some specs that make it more interesting to play.

3 hours ago, SirRocket.3516 said:

I'm REALLY hoping this isn't the case, but you're probably right.

I would love to see Warrior get a spec that gives it more of a rotation.

Warrior was a good profession while learning the game for me, but would love to see some specs that make it more interesting to play.

Rather than having a rotation, I'd like to see an elite specialization that gives warrior to opportunity to actually play meaningful roles, outside of (Banner-)DPS or the WoW bubble train.

There's no point in it having a rotation if it's just another DPS specialization that'll be left out in structured PvE content in favour of specializations that bring more than just DPS.

• Like 2

On 9/8/2021 at 6:35 AM, Fueki.4753 said:

Rather than having a rotation, I'd like to see an elite specialization that gives warrior to opportunity to actually play meaningful roles, outside of (Banner-)DPS or the WoW bubble train.

There's no point in it having a rotation if it's just another DPS specialization that'll be left out in structured PvE content in favour of specializations that bring more than just DPS.

I never said I wanted more DPS rotation. I said rotation broadly representing skills and gameplay. That's why I said making warrior more interesting to play. cause yeah right now warrior's just banners and it's boring. All those weapons and there isn't anything else warrior can do? Warrior needs something more.

My guess is that it's another elite spec that will be unused in pve due to not having as much dps as berserker.

Just a guess 😛

But no offhand pistol probably hybrid power/condi with a burst skill that gives you a weapon kit in the form of a gunblade doing high damage/burn/bleed with a mix of melee and ranged abilities..... Similar to holosmith.

For utility skills I can see gadgets.