How many professions do you main?

Abodeuke.1407

Currently my main is my beloved Revenant Charr but was playing a lot of Elementalist before that. Started the game with a Thief because back in the days, without mounts, having the ability to tp with the shortbow was a godsend. Right before the introduction of PoF, I ditched the Thief for an elementalist and never looked back. Until 2 month ago when, for the first time, I decided to give a chance to Revenant and it just clicked.

Started with Elementalist, so Ele will always have a special place in my heart (even if I'm not super happy with it right now). If I had to pick only one profession to describe my main, it'd probably be Ele. I love the versatility and the animations. The Elite Specs are kind of boring, mechanically, even if they're really neat thematically.

Got my Mesmer to 80, and I'm still luke-warm on whether I like the profession or not. It just feels too cyclical, I think, building up and shattering clones over and over again. Still, it has some of the best utilities and prettiest animations. I also don't really care for the Elite Specs. I thought Chrono would be more fun than it is.

Engineer is my newest fav. Piano of Ele, but with more survivability. And Holosmith is just cool thematically. It's starting to catch up to Ele for my #1 spot (thus the icon). The Elite Specs actually make your class feel different, though that probably has just as much to do with how few weapon options you have in Core.

Thinking of leveling a Necromancer next, maybe a Ranger. Something that isn't as busy as the classes I've been playing. I love Transform mechanics, and Necro has one built in while Ranger can get one through Druid. Necro Elite specs don't seem that exciting, though, and Soulbeast looks boring while Druid looks limiting.

My main is definitely my necro/minion master. 

My main alt is my ranger (longbow & pets). 

I have 7 characters, and one empty slot.  I just started messing around with my long ignored elementalist. He is better than he used to be, but has not moved up to pass the ranger. I wish I thought of testing him in the last festival. The pavilion is a great place to test out avatars.  😎

Edited by Tukaram.8256

Core are mesmer, ranger, warrior, thief. Elites are mirage, soulbeast, spellbreaker, deadeye.

Mesmer is great balance between active and reactive gameplay. Mirage even more so with dodges and teleports.

Ranger offense is AOE condi with fields and traps. Marsh Drake is most balanced offensively and defensively.

Warrior is just straight up face bashing, no holds barred.

Thief has speedy attacks with double daggers. Or chill from far away with rifle.

• 2 weeks later...