Bladesworn? I thought it was revenant.

Zera.9435

Watching the trailer I thought "Oh cool, rev is getting greatsword." because the animations looked like that of a two-handed sword swing. Then the shooting started and I got confused. Then it was revealed that it's actually the warrior spec with off-hand pistol. I love the idea of giving the warrior an off-hand pistol... but bladesworn? Such a misleading and unfitting name.

This is one of those rare occasions where I will advocate for the low-hanging fruit and just call it gunblade. Love the spec idea, but the current name is just... well it will likely be shortened to bs by the community. Take that for what you will.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

Some of the names aren't really landing for people. They sound cool, but do they match? I'd say some of them do and some of them don't. Here are my thoughts so far:

• Virtuoso: Their spells are apparently songs, but in name only.
  • Harbinger: Is an apothecary that brews potent potions to empower themselves foreshadowing the future?
  • Willbender: Are they forcing others to submit to the empire, even though they are guards?
  • Vindicator: This one makes sense. The spirits that they're using freed the people of Shiro and avenged the empire. Good job.
  • Bladesworn: This one might actually make sense. In a world of advancing technology, they're sticking to their blades by incorporating guns into them. However, it does somewhat confuse people.
Edited by Quench.7091
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 5

It look like they are just going to mix FF14's Gunbreaker and Samurai and then dilute it into one trait line.

I am far from impressed by this elite specialization.

They could have given us an actual support specialization, but all Warrior gets is yet another flavour of banner DPS.

It's almost like Arenanet wants to confirm players' suspicions that Warrior isn't allowed to have anything nice.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8

2 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

It look like they are just going to mix FF14's Gunbreaker and Samurai and then dilute it into one trait line.

I am far from impressed by this elite specialization.

They could have given us an actual support specialization, but all Warrior gets is yet another flavour of banner DPS.

But seemingly warrior can't have anything nice.

Not every class must have a support spec, though. Banners are sufficient.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Quench.7091 said:

• Vindicator: This one makes sense. The spirits that they're using freed the people of Shiro and avenged the empire. Good job.

Who did they Vindicate, though? Did they clear someone of suspicion? Prove them right? I don't get it. I don't remember their lore in detail, though, so maybe I'm just missing it.

Sounds, though, like Avenger, or Liberator would fit better.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Who did they Vindicate, though? Did they clear someone of suspicion? Prove them right? I don't get it. I don't remember their lore in detail, though, so maybe I'm just missing it.

Sounds, though, like Avenger, or Liberator would fit better.

I wonder if maybe they just pick words that sound cool, put them in a hat, and pick them one at a time for a spec? XD

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Zera Allimatti.2541 said:

What the heck mods? I made a post talking about warrior elite spec and you move it to revenant?

Probably because of the title.   You can probably file a report and have it moved back into Warrior or Profession forum. (If you hadn't already)

Edited by Xanhawk.3806
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

You literally mentioned it as a JOB IN GAME with SKILLS, which FFXIV. Had you mentioned FF introducing a CHARACTER who WIELDED A GUNBLADE, then that's easily describing Squall.

Feel free to throw your insults but FF ain't special with gunblades no matter the angle.

the original argument is about, not associating gunblade with FF franchise,

the argument was made including FF8 FF14 or any FF game that includes gunblade in general.

now you are nit picking because job is mentioned and ff8 doesnt have job? and that its ok to link ff8 with gunblade now? which isnt ok in your original statement tho?

you don't have your priorities right.

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Lighter.5631 said:

the original argument is about, not associating gunblade with FF franchise,

the argument was made including FF8 FF14 or any FF game that includes gunblade in general.

now you are nit picking because job is mentioned and ff8 doesnt have job? and that its ok to link ff8 with gunblade now? which isnt ok in your original statement tho?

you don't have your priorities right.

And yet, it still doesn't change the fact that FF ain't special with regards to gunblades. 

Anyways, moving on, the only real E-Spec name I have an issue with is Willbender, Bladesworn actually makes sense to some degree because it's a warrior who's sworn to the ways of the blade, but rather than ignoring technological improvements, they incorporated technology to improve their own weaponry and by extension, their discipline. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

1 minute ago, ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

And yet, it still doesn't change the fact that FF ain't special with regards to gunblades. 

Anyways, moving on, the only real E-Spec name I have an issue with is Willbender, Bladesworn actually makes sense to some degree because it's a warrior who's sworn to the ways of the blade, but rather than ignoring technological improvements, they incorporated technology to improve their own weaponry and by extension, their discipline. 

yea, aint special because you said so, FF literally defined gunblades in games, and you lost your argument since the beginning, 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

4 minutes ago, Lighter.5631 said:

yea, aint special because you said so, FF literally defined gunblades in games, and you lost your argument since the beginning, 

Funny cuz I never argued the matter to begin and got attacked for no reason.

I simply stated people think FF CREATED the Gunblade... When they never created it, they simply took an idea from history and incorporated it. So now who's nit picking? 

Anyways, I'm out, if you wanna derail this thread because of a small statement, I ain't stopping ya. I already said my piece about Bladesworn. 

Edited by ChronoPinoyX.7923
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

You keyboard warriors done ruined my thread. Here I am just trying to poke fun of my favorite class's new spec and have a laugh about it, and you all just try to have some sort of air of superiority over each other. Are your lives really so devoid that you have to seek existential validation or 'win' on here?

There is no contest to be found here. There is nothing to win.  Besides, you ALL lose by default by not being me. So stop it, and get back to poking fun of the name while still playing the spec because it looks fun.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Zera Allimatti.2541 said:

You keyboard warriors done ruined my thread. Here I am just trying to poke fun of my favorite class's new spec and have a laugh about it, and you all just try to have some sort of air of superiority over each other. Are your lives really so devoid that you have to seek existential validation or 'win' on here?

There is no contest to be found here. There is nothing to win.  Besides, you ALL lose by default by not being me. So stop it, and get back to poking fun of the name while still playing the spec because it looks fun.

It is one of their MOs...

Still, it's a weird name, but without stepping all over Square-Enix intellectual property I'm not sure what they could have called it that wouldn't have sounded even more dumb.

2 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

It is one of their MOs...

Still, it's a weird name, but without stepping all over Square-Enix intellectual property I'm not sure what they could have called it that wouldn't have sounded even more dumb.

Is the word 'gunblade' copyrighted by Square-Enix, though?  I doubt it.

24 minutes ago, Zera Allimatti.2541 said:

Is the word 'gunblade' copyrighted by Square-Enix, though?  I doubt it.

It's not, Gunblade is a common terminology that's used in other games. PSO2 has it as a weapon type as well, League of Legends has it as a legendary item named Hextech Gunblade, WoW has The Gunblade

I think ANet is just playing it safe with the Gunsaber name. 

• Confused 1