Football Franchise & World vs World - Replaced by - Auto Generic Servers of Alliances

Diku.2546

Seriously...

Google - [ Football Franchise ] before reading this post.

What you'll find is ALOT of recognizable Football Team Brand Names & Trademarks.

ANet are you really going to disband & replace all your Server franchises that have developed since August 28, 2012?

There are 11 players on a football team & multiple 2nd, and 3rd string players...that come & go.

Each WvW server can be made up of 11 major guilds & multiple 2nd, and 3rd string guilds...that come & go.

Why would you "blow up" all your server franchises that could be your bread & butter for making money in a highly lucrative commercial sense?

Why not try the following:

1)    Give each server a single map to defend that can expand in size & will allow more gamers to enter it when needed.

2)    Let gamers pick a single server map to call Home & defend - [ i.e. Red BL ].

3)    Let gamers weekly pick any 2 enemy server maps to jump on & attack by re-purposing Server Guesting for WvW - [ i.e. Green BL & Blue BL].

4)    Reward gamers only when they attack a server map that is ranked higher than their Home server map.

5)    Queue gamers that can't fit onto their "Weekly" map choice by sending them to play in EoTM heaven...while waiting for a seat to open up at their preferred enemy server map.

I just cannot believe a company would not realize the incredible potential that they're simply throwing away because they think it's just a name without thinking about "BRANDING".

SMH - ANet is throwing away all their football team name franchises that took years to create...as they "try" to make gamers happy.

I have to wonder how would the AFL & NFL go about Re-Balancing their football team populations to create "competitive" match-ups...similar to what ANet will do to their new line-up of Generic Servers - [ See List of New Server Names ].

In my Vision & Road Map...I definitely can imagine a single company being able to own all the sports equipment manufacturing, training facilities, venues, and even the franchise teams of all the major football team & their brand names of an eSport reality.

Yours truly,
Diku

Credibility requires critical insight & time.

Edited by Diku.2546
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, subversiontwo.7501 said:

I have a feeling this comparison may backfire, as teams are more like guilds.

If you asked me what servers are in T1 right now I probably couldn't mention a single one. If you'd ask me to mention a good guild I could probably give you a handful of names.

It does backfire.  Players can't just stack on the favored winning team in football.  There's an enforced balance.  So much for "critical insight".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Diku.2546 said:

Seriously...

Each WvW server can be made up of 11 major guilds & multiple 2nd, and 3rd string guilds...that come & go.

Yours truly,
Diku

So do you have 11 major guilds of the same size for all 24 NA and 27 EU servers? Please name all 561 franchise guilds you have ready for this, thanks.

Yes it's been several years & my proposed solution hasn't changed, but many forum experts here constantly change their advice...imho

In this example...

ANet's Football Franchises = Current WvW Servers

Football Player = Single Guild

Each of the 11 football players in this example could be a major WvW guild with 500 gamers as members.

Multiple 2nd, and 3rd string football players in this example could be a minor WvW guild with 500 gamers as members.

Guilds are a dime a dozen & are free to move around & join any "Open" ANet owned Franchise Server.

Guilds are allowed to stack on any "Open" ANet owned Franchise Server...as much as they want.

Guilds will need to pay a higher fee to move to any "Open" ANet owned Franchise Server.  The higher the WvW Server Rank is...the more expensive it will be to move there.

Please don't misinterpret the design analogy to suit your argument.

You don't need to fill all the maps.

Server Guesting modified for WvW will allow gamers to Weekly pick 2 enemy server maps

[ [ GREEN & BLUE ] from the gamer's viewpoint ] to visit & fight on.

Gamer's Home map is [ RED ] & would be their 3rd map on which they'll have to defend against ALL incoming enemies that picked their Home server's map to attack for the week.

To encourage a healthy competitive match-ups...

All servers are assigned a single map that will be defended by their team of "Football Players" - aka Guilds Large & Small.   Server maps will be re-designed to be able to expand/contract its maximum capacity to accommodate more/less gamers depending on the demand.

Gamers are only rewarded for attacking an enemy map that is ranked higher than their home [ RED ] map. 

Gamers need to carefully consider which 2 enemy maps (24 NA or 27 EU) they pick for the week to attack.

Gamers that pick only the top ranked server maps to fight on can expect long wait queues.

Map capacity will be enforced to prevent over stacked servers from having an unfair numbers on any enemy map or a gamer's home map.  Overflow is sent to EoTM to wait until an open seat is available on their chosen map that a gamer is trying to get onto.

I'll agree to disagree with you.

Yours truly,
Diku

I have 7 Topic Posts & a Total of only 397 Posts.

As of today - 2021.09.20
After joining over 4 years ago
On 2017.09.17

Compared to many forum experts here...this is tiny in comparison.

Edited by Diku.2546
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

All the Mean Girls who gossip and stress about guild stuff know who the guilds are. Everyone else, including probably a lot of their guildies don't care unless that guild has some tactical niche they need to know about and mostly know the different server vibes. You make a wacky point but I'm going to agree with it for lack of anything else to agree with yet. 

• Diku.2546 changed the title to Football Franchise & World vs World - Replaced by - Auto Generic Servers of Alliances
On 9/20/2021 at 5:14 PM, Diku.2546 said:

I have 7 Topic Posts & a Total of only 397 Posts.

As of today - 2021.09.20
After joining over 4 years ago
On 2017.09.17

Compared to many forum experts here...this is tiny in comparison.

While your note here is technically accurate, I would point to the fact that >90% of YOUR posts say essentially the SAME thing.  

• Like 1

On 9/20/2021 at 4:27 PM, Diku.2546 said:

Seriously...

Why not try the following:

1)    Give each server a single map to defend that can expand in size & will allow more gamers to enter it when needed.

2)    Let gamers pick a single server map to call Home & defend - [ i.e. Red BL ].

3)    Let gamers weekly pick any 2 enemy server maps to jump on & attack by re-purposing Server Guesting for WvW - [ i.e. Green BL & Blue BL].

4)    Reward gamers only when they attack a server map that is ranked higher than their Home server map.

5)    Queue gamers that can't fit onto their "Weekly" map choice by sending them to play in EoTM heaven...while waiting for a seat to open up at their preferred enemy server map.

1. We already had a single map called (in WvW term) Home Borderland to defend. However allowing more gamers to enter it when needed without limiting it for any side be it attacker or defenders would be a one sided match if the players stacked on one side.
2. Reread my number 1.
3. Reread number 1. , then add this, we already have [ i.e. Green BL & Blue BL] maps that we can pick any of those two to attack at any given time.
4. Outnumbered buff for lower ranked?
Real WvW players doesn't play for rewards, they play for fun. Reward is just a bonus. The nicest reward you can give to a WvW player is an even match.
5. The purpose that EoTM rewards and exp is nerfed is to encourage players to play and experience and hope to love WvW. EoTM pre nerf is just a PvE Ktrain rotation farm with random encounters to fight enemy players either because you are too fast or too slow on your ktrain rotations and you bumped on a certain point on a map and refuse to let each other pass. Gandalf wannabe staredown. You Shall Not Pass! roleplay...

It's a good thing that my message hasn't changed.

Imagine if ANet keeps changing how they plan to do Alliances...which they haven't fully explained in detail yet & forum experts seem to take great joy in discussing at great lengths here...imho.

The solution is simple & yes it really hasn't changed in 4 years.  Only thing I can do is repeat it every so often in the hopes that new forum members might see it.  That is the reason why my forum post statistics are "low in comparison" to many of the forum experts voicing their criticism here.

----------

Server identity & its "marketing value" in this example is taken from the Owner's viewpoint.  In this case ANet.

Franchise Brand Name - Very Well Known Name & Consumers Expect Certain Things based on the Name

ANet is throwing away their Ownership of long standing Brand Names & replacing them with Auto Generic Brand Names that's designed to have no meaning attached to them except to be a place holder to gather Personalized Guilds under.

Current Servers have a Brand Name Value as of this posting...imho

WvW players can easily call out a Server name & start discussing the typical citizen from that Franchise Server based on my observation of this forum & in game.

Alliance Servers will not allow us to have this spicy history because they're going to be blown up & seasonally re-populated by Personalized Guilds that are not Generic.

ANet will have to cater to selling merchandise using these High Ranking Personalized Guilds instead of the Current "Franchise based Server names".

It's really going to be ANet's loss to NOT be able to mass merchandise off a Franchise based Server name & instead have to create merchandise using the Personalized Player Owned Guild Names.

Franchise based Business Opportunities - i.e. - Pajamas, Stickers, T-Shirts, Coffee Mugs, Water Bottles, Real Life VIP Lounges, Real Life WvW Server Themed Hotels & Gaming Destination, Real Life Annual Televised Tournament Event, etc.

----------

Forum experts here still do not understand the post...even after 4 years.

The critical mechanic being proposed is to use Server Guesting modified for WvW.

Current WvW uses 6 basic maps.  RED, GREEN, BLUE, EBG, OS, and EoTM

Gamers will use this WvW Server Guesting to weekly pick 2 different Enemy Server's Home BL Map to go visit & fight on.

Gamers will be able to pick any server within their region (24 NA or 27 EU), and NOT depend on ANet to pick who they must fight.

RED = Gamer's Home BL
GREEN = 1st Choice - Enemy Server Home BL
BLUE = 2nd Choice - Enemy Server Home BL

All maps are designed to expand/contract to accommodate more/less players depending on the demand of gamers wanting to fight on it.

I'm proposing that we directly change How Gamers pick their Enemy Match-Ups.

The use of Server Guesting in this manner for WvW is NOT Allowed.

I'm proposing that we get to weekly pick 2 different servers that we want to fight...using Server Guesting....which stated above...is currently NOT Allowed.

Anet is proposing that we pick our friends, and then ANet picks who we seasonally fight as it's being defined & developed using World Restructuring ... aka ...Alliances.

Map capacity is used with the intent to prevent servers stacked on one side from using their large population to bully Lower Ranked Servers that often have smaller populations.

Also, gamers get NO REWARDS for attacking any Lower Ranked Server below their Home Server's Rank.

As a huge fan of this game mode...I want to weekly pick my own enemies to fight against...instead of letting ANet seasonally make that decision for me.

Yours truly,
Diku

Edited by Diku.2546

38 minutes ago, Diku.2546 said:

Imagine if ANet keeps changing how they plan to do Alliances...which they haven't fully explained in detail yet & forum experts seem to take great joy in discussing at great lengths here...imho.

Well at least we can try to match our fellow forum experts posting things that will never happen because it is completely unrealistic and quite frankly, isnt WvW.

• Like 1

Thank you for your criticism.

Server Guesting is a mechanic that is already in-game, but not used for WvW.

We should get to pick who we want to fight every week & the game mode should be re-designed to allow it.  Using an already existing in-game mechanic & re-purposing it for WvW to use is a no-brainer for me.

ANet picks who we have to fight seasonally is not fun...and doesn't encourage a Healthy Competitive game mode in the long term...imho

I'm speaking up as a WvW game mode consumer...asking for what I want.

I'll agree to disagree with you.

Yours truly,
Diku

Edited by Diku.2546
  • Like 2

I agree with this, let's implement this now!

Alliances failed already.

I want to fight the best and most stacked servers!

I've done this in PvP tourney, i want to fight the best and platinum 2 on lfg so I joined g+ team.

Obio I didn't know that they are stacked and full legendary players, I though they want challenge and fight one another but I was wrong, those stacked team just want to fight silvers and bronze on the tourney.

I ended up just getting PvP potions on the tourney.

Wait that is the alliance format now I think.

The only difference here vs the alliance is here we choose who we fight, on alliance we choose who we stack with.

Let's all fight Diku's server hahaha

• Confused 1