called it

felix.2386

37 minutes ago, bLind.6278 said:

Two people currently playing Bladesworn on all of twitch, one is afk, the other is fighting golems and doesn't seem excited whatsoever.

I'm so glad I didn't preorder.

i'm glad i preordered endwalker instead lol

ff14's job action trailer released few days ago actually got people excited instead of this bs.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 3
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Gorem.8104 said:

This is beta testing for a reason, everything is subject to change after all. 

I mean I know this is the warrior class and all which means reduced hopes and expectations already, but still, it might still be able to change even though we are warriors 😛 

your right. 400k crit is too high. need to be like 5k

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

i'm glad i preordered endwalker instead lol

ff14's job action trailer released few days ago actually got people excited instead of this bs.

I respect FF14. That said, it's combat is painfully boring. This is how I feel when playing FF14: 😴💤

There is no combat in any MMO that is as fun as Guild Wars 2 besides BDO. But BDO is ran by money grubbers so Guild Wars 2 is better.

Maybe Ashes of Creation might take the throne for most fun combat but who knows.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Valik Shin.9027 said:

Oh pvp. Well then it gonna do like 1k crit then after the nerf. 200 for every second of charge 

No, no, that's not the way it works. It doesn't build up linearly, it's exponential. It starts at 50 for the first second and then scales up - 150 for two seconds, 300 for three seconds, 500 for four seconds. Normally it'd be 250 for the fifth second to give 750 total, but because you have the trait the final second of charge is worth double.

If you don't have that trait, it goes 50-150-300-500-750-1050-1400-1800-2250-2750, giving a 2750 crit for your ten-second charge and flow buildup time. Brutal spike potential indeed! *is backstabbed for quintuple figures while charging*

43 minutes ago, Malus.2184 said:

This thread is really going places. I mean, this is the first public itteration of Bladesworn and nothing will ever change by this point. This is the reason it's called a Beeta Test since from this point on nothing will ever change until live!

Sorry but this is the first time people can play with the new specs. If you are playing warrior, you are probably already disappointed by it on multiple fronts. You play the new spec during the beta, excited to play something new, hoping it will be good. You get disappointed again. Do you think this creates a good impression?

And besides, even if the new spec is good on actual release, the rest of war still remains sad. So even if it is the case, I doubt  many war players will be satisfied. So imagine if the new spec is bad too.

Probably only thief will be hurt more if its new spec doesn't deliver.

• Like 2

The irony here is that in terms of pvp, it appears that bladesworn may have ended up being the most tanky spec in the game when running shouts...

Using an avatar amulet with Tactics  and bladesworn, the last charge of each shout was healing for 1400+10% plus over 1000 barrier on top of the 1000 barriers for consuming the last charges on the gunsabre and being to refresh a charge of every single ability, including the healing skill which would heal for about 7500 and because shouts are weird you can also trigger these heal/barriers while knocked down etc

Using  a dolyak rune would give this build an additional 300 toughness making it beyond reasonably durable.

Although rune of the fighter (10 stacks of might on a fairly frequent healing skill), traveler (Preferred coz movement is good) or Flock (basically adds aoe healing to said healing skill while making it heal for even more with a lot more health) could be good too.

I was thinking the hammer might be a good second for cc or just the pistol for even more sustain.

Edited by Stalima.5490
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Sorry but this is the first time people can play with the new specs. If you are playing warrior, you are probably already disappointed by it on multiple fronts. You play the new spec during the beta, excited to play something new, hoping it will be good. You get disappointed again. Do you think this creates a good impression?

There's a tiny difference between giving constructive criticism, such as shown in the feedback thread. And then there's this doomer thread of unconstructive doom-telling.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stalima.5490 said:

The irony here is that in terms of pvp, it appears that bladesworn may have ended up being the most tanky spec in the game when running shouts...

Using an avatar amulet with Tactics  and bladesworn, the last charge of each shout was healing for 1400+10% plus over 1000 barrier on top of the 1000 barriers for consuming the last charges on the gunsabre and being to refresh a charge of every single ability, including the healing skill which would heal for about 7500 and because shouts are weird you can also trigger these heal/barriers while knocked down etc

Using  a dolyak rune would give this build an additional 300 toughness making it beyond reasonably durable.

Although rune of the fighter (10 stacks of might on a fairly frequent healing skill), traveler (Preferred coz movement is good) or Flock (basically adds aoe healing to said healing skill while making it heal for even more with a lot more health) could be good too.

I was thinking the hammer might be a good second for cc or just the pistol for even more sustain.

That is probably the one good thing about Bladesworn right now. How it interacts with shouts.

4 hours ago, Stalima.5490 said:

nop, power spellbreaker sustains better then full healing power shout bladesworn. these barrier, shout numbers can not keep up with the number full counter mitigates, specially in team fight, in situation where spellbreaker sustains, bladesworn will get deleted, against actual good specs.

also vindicator out heals you in one jump.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I suggest devs to take this spec to Crystal Oasis and fight hydras with it. Have fun and enjoy what you have created.

I was kind of afraid before beta that the spec mechanic would be clunky after seeing Friday's guild chat. I guess I was right. The idea of the spec is good but execution is quite bad. It is absolutely atrocious in open world and so I can just imagine how bad it must be with low damages in PvP/WvW. This spec just takes ages to charge Dragon Slash IF you don't get cced and interrupted 84190841 times in the process. Not to mention how bad Gunsaber skills are. They lack good damage and proper useful utility that normal weapons have. Like evade, block and so on. Projectile block is pathetic and useless in most cases. Gunsaber skills are so similar to rifle in terms of usefulness, which is sad. The whole spec revolves around omegahigh burst (which will get nerfed for sure) on Dragon Slash and ability to spam ammo skills to lower cooldowns with Lush Forest trait. It is unique concept but also weird  that devs incentivize you to spam all your ammo skills mindlessly just so you can keep reentering specialization mechanic's mechanic (Berserker's Decapitate spam is similar, kind of, but much much more practical overall). In PvE, you literally just camp Gunsaber and spam 234, Tactical Reload and Flow Stabilizer to reenter Dragon Trigger as soon as possible. Physical skills with Peak Performance buff are useless again beacuse of their fundamental issue with cast times and aftercasts and PP buff lasting too short to be reliably used in rotation. It gives 10% damage increase which is huge for Dragon Slash damage and yet it is not as beneficial in practice... pages could be written about what is wrong with warrior and Bladesworn stuff, oh well.

The hype is gone tbh, the spec could have been done in more direct and simple way,  like all warrior specs, without e.g. need of having 10 different damages on Dragon Slash depending on number of bullets charged. Why not make it simply 3 bullets instead of 10 so it is more reminiscent to 3 levels of warrior bursts? Each bullet would take 1 second to load so it is maximum of 3 seconds to fully charge, maybe even make the charge being affected by quickness/slow. Why suddenly 100 flow and not 30, like adrenaline? Why does it have to be so overly complicated and unintuitive compared to all other warrior specs for no reason?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

I respect FF14. That said, it's combat is painfully boring. This is how I feel when playing FF14: 😴💤

There is no combat in any MMO that is as fun as Guild Wars 2 besides BDO. But BDO is ran by money grubbers so Guild Wars 2 is better.

Maybe Ashes of Creation might take the throne for most fun combat but who knows.

depends on what class you play, ninja dragoon is tons of fun, no less then gw2, tank is less fun because you need to do more mechanics which makes up for it, healer is incredibly hard and engaging even with simple/boring skill actions because you have to pay attention to all members, boss and mechanics.

tbh, the skills from ff14 arent boring, like the animation/combo are insane, it's just there's bigger down time that makes it less engaging 

which makes it "boring" if you look at job action alone, gw2 sure is more fun, but boss+mechanics+team mechanics+class action together = overall ff14 more fun then gw2.

gw2 has to make busy class combat, because the pve contents are boring as hell.

i think you would agree the pve content are boring..and only thing keeps you playing is the classes..which is not the case for ff14, it's the actual content on top of class action.

it is a sacrifice for actual good content, because you can't do actual do conetnt when you busy spamming all the skills all the time. you shift between doing skills and doing content.

and the "boring" skill part is more noticeable when doing low level/open world content, because it's all easy boring content..but it is perfect when doing actually good content in raid/trials.

overall, it's the overall package that matters and attract me to ff14,  i only play gw2 because warrior has a place in my heart, that's only it. but that's off topic.

Edited by felix.2386

10 minutes ago, cryorion.9532 said:

I suggest devs to take this spec to Crystal Oasis and fight hydras with it. Have fun and enjoy what you have created.

I was kind of afraid before beta that the spec mechanic would be clunky after seeing Friday's guild chat. I guess I was right. The idea of the spec is good but execution is quite bad. It is absolutely atrocious in open world and so I can just imagine how bad it must be with low damages in PvP/WvW. This spec just takes ages to charge Dragon Slash IF you don't get cced and interrupted 84190841 times in the process. Not to mention how bad Gunsaber skills are. They lack good damage and proper useful utility that normal weapons have. Like evade, block and so on. Projectile block is pathetic and useless in most cases. Gunsaber skills are so similar to rifle in terms of usefulness, which is sad. The whole spec revolves around omegahigh burst (which will get nerfed for sure) on Dragon Slash and ability to spam ammo skills to lower cooldowns with Lush Forest trait. It is unique concept but also weird  that devs incentivize you to spam all your ammo skills mindlessly just so you can keep reentering specialization mechanic's mechanic (Berserker's Decapitate spam is similar, kind of, but much much more practical overall). In PvE, you literally just camp Gunsaber and spam 234, Tactical Reload and Flow Stabilizer to reenter Dragon Trigger as soon as possible. Physical skills with Peak Performance buff are useless again beacuse of their fundamental issue with cast times and aftercasts and PP buff lasting too short to be reliably used in rotation. It gives 10% damage increase which is huge for Dragon Slash damage and yet it is not as beneficial in practice... pages could be written about what is wrong with warrior and Bladesworn stuff, oh well.

The hype is gone tbh, the spec could have been done in more direct and simple way,  like all warrior specs, without e.g. need of having 10 different damages on Dragon Slash depending on number of bullets charged. Why not make it simply 3 bullets instead of 10 so it is more reminiscent to 3 levels of warrior bursts? Each bullet would take 1 second to load so it is maximum of 3 seconds to fully charge, maybe even make the charge being affected by quickness/slow. Why suddenly 100 flow and not 30, like adrenaline? Why does it have to be so overly complicated and unintuitive compared to all other warrior specs for no reason?

Warrior players kept specifically asking for a more complex/complicated elite spec, especially because their class and elite specs so far have been so simplistic.

So can't really blame Anet for trying to create a complicated elite spec for warrior if this is exactly what people kept writing they want....

• Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Warrior players kept specifically asking for a more complex/complicated elite spec, especially because their class and elite specs so far have been so simplistic.

So can't really blame Anet for trying to create a complicated elite spec for warrior if this is exactly what people kept writing they want....

Complex and complicated are fine so long as they are properly executed. The charge time on DT needs to be halved in all game modes. The long CDs on Gunsaber need to be decreased, and their damage numbers increased at least in PvP/WvW. The damage on DS in PvP/WvW needs to be higher by at least double if not triple on max charge.

10 hours ago, Valik Shin.9027 said:

your right. 400k crit is too high. need to be like 5k

doesnt even matter if 400k or 600k tho.

the class is super boring/clunky/bad to play in dungeon in open world.

the only thing it looks good, is the number in raid boss thats it...nobody would ever want to touch it if it does the same number as berserker.

like people need to think is it a well designed spec, if every spec does the same damage, will i still enjoy and like to play this spec? because number is the easiest thing to tweak. you can make a stick with one skill and make it viable number wise, but is it fun to play?

the answer for me for BS right now is a big fat no.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Complex and complicated are fine so long as they are properly executed. The charge time on DT needs to be halved in all game modes. The long CDs on Gunsaber need to be decreased, and their damage numbers increased at least in PvP/WvW. The damage on DS in PvP/WvW needs to be higher by at least double if not triple on max charge.

If the charge time is halved in PvE, the benchmark will go even further up (currently being around 52k if I am not mistaken).

Either leave the charge time at least in PvE or reduce the damage potential of dragon trigger.

And if the charge time is halved in PvP, then I don't know if it is warranted to also double it's damage. Seems a bit overkill for me.

Edited by Kodama.6453
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Kodama.6453 said:

If the charge time is halved in PvE, the benchmark will go even further up (currently being around 52k if I am not mistaken).

Either leave the charge time at least in PvE or reduce the damage potential of dragon trigger.

it is so easy to deal with benchmark, just lower the numbers.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Yes, I get that. I prefer something more complicated to Decapitate spam Berserker, too. But Bladesworn is not complicated in right way. As I wrote in the previous comment, why are there even 10 bullets when most of the time you are going to use either max bullet count for max damage or simply 5 bullets if you use 3rd GM trait for max damage. Using different bullet count is unoptimal and/or very situational. If the curve of damage increase from charged bullets is exponential, you will never want to use less than 10 bullets in PvE unless you want to finish a mob faster. According to CMC from Friday's stream, the damage curve in PvP/WvW is different since it is more difficult to stay in one place for 5 seconds. So bullet count above 5 is practically useless and gives too little damage gain for how risky it is. 

And by overly complicated, I also meant that you can't use F2 from normal weapon set, too. Or that you can't exit F2 into normal weaponset. There is nothing really that complex about Bladesworn once you realize that you want to spam ammo skills to 0 with Lush Forest trait. And if you don't use Lush Forest trait, the complexity decreases even more.

Edited by cryorion.9532
  • Like 1