End of Dragons Update to Instance Boundaries

1 hour ago, raseus.9401 said:

Just to make sure, that is just for EoD story missions or will it be for every story instance even core?

If you read the post and focus on the last part it say this

There are some edge cases (i.e. when you exit an instance by falling) that make the switch wonky and difficult to apply retroactively. We manually applied solutions to those edge cases in EoD, but there are a lot of old instances that would have to be checked and tested to roll out more widely. But for now, we're excited to have this going forward.

That to me seem to indicate it will be EoD and going forward, but they are looking into if it is cost effective to add back to older stuff.

Edit

With some questions it feels like people read the header of the thread then start typing.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Good to see. There are a lot of instances where the boundaries are just too narrow (or in the aforementioned case of Kourna, far too close to an objective for an instance that relies a lot on 'teleport in, plant explosive on siege engines, teleport out before the siege engines fire on you'). Will be a big QoL improvement if that no longer has the risk of kicking a player out altogether.

• Like 1

Long needed change. I was doing one of the recent return to living story missions (Forearmed Is Forewarned) and got instantly kicked out of the instance for using a teleport skill that landed me outside the playable area. Luckily I was able to continue from a checkpoint and did not have to restart the entire mission.

Not to sound like an Entitled Gamer™, but honestly the way it currently works is unacceptable. I recently introduced a couple of my friends to the game off the back of the Twitch sale and one of them got booted out of the instance so many times and we kept having to restart to the point where they ended up just doing the mission on their own. So we were split as two separate groups, with one guy doing the same mission we just did 3 times, on his own! Pretty unfun!

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

If you read the post and focus on the last part it say this

There are some edge cases (i.e. when you exit an instance by falling) that make the switch wonky and difficult to apply retroactively. We manually applied solutions to those edge cases in EoD, but there are a lot of old instances that would have to be checked and tested to roll out more widely. But for now, we're excited to have this going forward.

That to me seem to indicate it will be EoD and going forward, but they are looking into if it is cost effective to add back to older stuff.

Edit

With some questions it feels like people read the header of the thread then start typing.

I asked the question because for me it was not 100% clear if that what he was saying was about the edge cases in older instances they can't add without a lot of testing or if there are general no changes in old content even automatic ones.

9 hours ago, raseus.9401 said:

I asked the question because for me it was not 100% clear if that what he was saying was about the edge cases in older instances they can't add without a lot of testing or if there are general no changes in old content even automatic ones.

Yes and that was the Eod edge cases they talked about then did a , 

Then starting to talk about

there are alot of old instances that would have to be checked and tested to roll out more widely. But for now, we're excited to have this going forward.

So they are doing it for EoD, are glad to have it going forward after EoD and have no idea if it will get implemented in older instances.

And to be fair its a lot of work for little return in their eyes I would guess.

Even tho it would be a good thing not to be yeeted out of instances left and right. 

Like the glide bug in last part of heart of thorns for example.

Edited by Linken.6345

Glad to hear this. I do hope it gets implemented retroactively; I recently had to re-do Forearmed is Forewarned twice because I used the teleport mechanic, in attempt to escape danger, and teleported right past the boundary. You don't get any warning beforehand, and you have no visual indication that the area you're about to port to is outside of the instance zone (the only indicator is the minimap), AND some of the clusters of baddies are right against the edge of the zone.... so not a great combination with the instant kick mechanic. 

• Thanks 1