What ranked que you want (poll)

What queues do you prefer (poll)?   

49 members have voted

1. 1. I am just curious what you mostly want to/like for having a que, if you have something on your own comment it.

• Solo/team que splittet
    • 1-5 que with off-season
    • 1-5 que and a second que for 2vs2/3vs3 maybe koth stronghold w/e
    • Solo/duoq with off-season (current Form)
    • 2vs2/3vs3 only
    • 5q only (idk we have at, but I see people asking this)
    • Others...

Split queue, or solo queue only.

Furthermore, enforce hard-limits on matchmaking.

Bronze vs Bronze, Silver vs Silver, Gold vs Gold, Plat vs Plat

No exceptions.  This would be the most fair system.

Only 9 people in your tier online queueing for PvP?  Too bad.  Wait more.  #deadgame.

Its not "fun," but IMO "fun" is not something you can target.  Its an externality that happens when you have a working system that people actually feel is worth putting effort into.  

Edited by Reikou.7068
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Same as vanilla: Solo and Team Arena.

Less chance in wintrading.
No carry by DuoQ in SoloQ.
People with more than 1 friend (x for doubt) can queue together

Teams can remain together and not just exist for AT only. (hard to keep a team at this moment, there's not enough to be done so queue'ing ranked with team would be nice to train for AT's). 
AT should not be seen as a practice ground, which it is at this moment. They need to be looked at as TOURNAMENTS.
So get us Solo and Team arena back, give back the freedom.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reikou.7068 said:

Only 9 people in your tier online queueing for PvP?  Too bad.  Wait more.  #deadgame.

Its not "fun," but IMO "fun" is not something you can target.  Its an externality that happens when you have a working system that people actually feel is worth putting effort into.  

This.  I would add:

1. Require purchase of an expansion pack to play ranked

2. Investigate all reports of bots and permanently ban bot accounts when confirmed

That should get rid of the bots too.

This might make queue times very painful for a while. Hopefully it leads to quality matches though, and if they communicate what they’re doing and people perceive that the game mode is fair and therefore potentially fun, the population might increase.  If it doesn’t, then I guess this answers the question of whether it’s worth saving.

Solo/duo and a second queue for 2v2 or 3v3. I don't care for the deathmatch format, personally, but it seems like a lot of people do. At the very least, there should be a deathmatch checkbox for unranked, perhaps rotating through 2v2, 3v3, and maybe even 5v5.

My second choice would be to go back to the solo/team split. I don't think the player base is big enough to support this and ranked death match queues simultaneously, but deathmatch could still be added to unranked under this option.

1 hour ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

full solo q in ranked, move titles AND gold to at's. you can get gold from daily at's just from entering and playing, but it would let anet see and thus eliminate the botting problem. you can still get progress to other gear + mats from ranked, just the gold is moved.

i forgott soloq only lol

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

I enjoyed pvp the most queing with friends. I think what people really crave in mmo's and what keeps people playing is connecting with others. Removing team queue essentially killed most pvp guilds and the opportunity to organically create conversation about the game mode

Teams are not going to form when there aren't many people to play with in the first place and there are new games coming out. Like why will I play GW2 pvp when new world's PvP is way less annoying and I don't have to count 10 million dodges an 10 million stun breaks before I can kill someone. Smite's an even better game too, more impactful build variety that have a chance to work at the highest elos too.

This game's PvP got overly complex because ANET didn't keep evades/random aegis/instant casts/etc in check, it's not fun anymore. Powercreep ruined this game after pre-hot 2015, if they would just revert everything to then there would be a reason to play this game, but as it is right now why bother this game isn't fun.

ANET would have to refurbish this game and their mind set if they want to advertise something different this time. Obviously looking for 4 other people to play with is stupid for their times. Why not make it so that you only have to look for 1 or 2 other people to play with AND just rework this bad balanced game at the same time.

14 minutes ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

I enjoyed pvp the most queing with friends. I think what people really crave in mmo's and what keeps people playing is connecting with others. Removing team queue essentially killed most pvp guilds and the opportunity to organically create conversation about the game mode

Maybe back then, but nowadays people tend to want solo queue only because of the issues like match manipulation and wintrading, especially when you have such a low population participating in your PvP. This is also especially exploitable because of off hours queuing in NA, or any region, because then you can far more easily exploit the system due to the already low population being exponentially lower because the majority of people are not online.

WoW players want solo queue only for Arenas because of the carry problems in that game, arena carry selling and the like. League of Legends also has solo queue only as an option for its Ranked but it also has a vastly larger population than GW2 so having all of those options doesn't split the population too much. Lost Ark (which will be coming early next year) uses a solo queue only system for its Ranked 3v3 TDM so as to avoid these issues as well; no match manipulating, wintrading, egregiously unrealistic winrates, etc.

Truthfully the best way they are going to get a more healthy and competitive PvP experience in GW2 is if they remove Conquest from Ranked, make it 2v2 or 3v3 TDM (begin balancing around that too) and make it solo queue only. This way you don't run into the issues of match manipulating, or wintrading (or it at least lessens the problem initially), PvP balance revolves more around fighting rather than around zone control with the copious amounts of AoE that flood capture points (and the meta honestly) and the "rotating for more favorable matchups" nonsense, as well as eliminating specific comp set ups being severely overbearing to deal with and Ranked just becoming mirror matchup after mirror matchup (i.e like double Firebrand or Firebrand/Scourge type nonsense that has been seen before).

Spoiler

Just as a side note to the mention of AoE in the meta; think back on current meta and past meta builds. What was strong before it got overly nerfed or has just simply remained strong because ANet usually doesn't want to adjust some things that severely? Spellbreaker was overbearing because in a team fight, on the limited space of a capture point, could very easily get their Full Counter proc'd and trigger adrenaline or burst related traits, Scourge can literally cover an entire capture point with a single AoE skill and they have far more than just one, and Holosmith AoE skills also equally cover the entire radius of a capture point. There is a reason why many of the Conquest meta builds fall off in WvW, because the moment you introduce the opportunity for disengaging and it not hurting the overall match those builds perform less and less well. Its why Rampage on Warrior was almost specifically a problem in sPvP but in WvW you just kited it or LoS'd it until it ran out, but in sPvP you are encouraged, even when disengaging, to stick to or close to the capture point which gives them all the space they need to just be all over you. Its the same reason why you saw discrepancies between how well people thought Scourge worked for a while. It was overbearing in sPvP but in WvW it just got out kited and out maneuvered in small scale fights and presented much less of a problem (though it still excelled, and continues to, in zerg vs zerg).

8 hours ago, Reikou.7068 said:

So first person to legend has to stop playing?

• Like 1

Just now, Reikou.7068 said:

Unfortunate side effect, but until other players catch up?  yes.

Given the system though, said other players should catch up within a reasonable timeframe.  

So a 1499 should never play against a 1500 but should play against 1200's?

5 minutes ago, Avatar.3568 said:

So a 1499 should never play against a 1500 but should play against 1200's?

I think that's pretty clear in my original comment, but yes.  

Alternative could be instead of tiers, there could be a hard limit on matchmaking ranges.

-All players in a match need to be <X rating of each other, where X is maybe 150 or something.

Either way, I am completely against expanding MM search ranges, like how it functions now.  

Edited by Reikou.7068

11 hours ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

teams do form already

Not as hard as years ago.

Since the initial hype is gone, twitch viewership was always struggling, new games are coming out, and there's not many returning players coming back, it really isn't that frequent even tho they still do form. It isn't practical to break up a team by scrapping conquest, sure, but it sure isn't helping the game's current state when it's just hard to look for 4 other people to play with compare to just 1 or 2 people.