Strategy to Expose Wintraders without Shaming Them.

Pimsley.3681

This is possible only IF anet is serious about taking action. No IP tracking needed. 

Send the people with suspicious behaviors and out of the blue high rating an invite to do a friendly 5v5 on a private server. Observe how they respond to your class/build and how well they use their defense and burst. Players allegedly at the pinnacle of pvp should have a broad understanding of mechanics and how to respond to every spec/build. See how well they understand the map, anticipate spawn, how well they side node, roam, etc. Observe if they understand their role. 

This is for the obvious bottom feeder who paid their way to the top. As for skilled pvpers that wintrade, not sure if there's that much because I believe some top players do have integrity. However, Im certain the developers can aggregate enough data to piece everything together. 

• Confused 6

I get what you're saying, but it takes a certain level of egomania to wintrade and manipulate matches in the first place.

If you, me, or anyone else who can't offer them some type of internet clout were to invite them to what you describe, then the answer would most definitely be no.

Honestly(and this is just my opinion of how it should be. It isn't like this.) we should; at the very least, have the option to warn other people of probable wintraders so that other players at least know who to watch out for when queuing. 

If someone has proper evidence, they aren't breaking any other rules, and they aren't just trying to start a witch-hunt then why not?

If wintraders aren't being dishonored, and their titles/rewards aren't getting revoked, then its really pretty much the only thing we can do.

And not being able to do so is a bit silly; when back in the day, cheating might mean GMs take control, throw your characters off a cliff, all before deleting the entire account. Based. 😎👍

Edited by Multicolorhipster.9751

9 hours ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

I get what you're saying, but it takes a certain level of egomania to wintrade and manipulate matches in the first place.

If you, me, or anyone else who can't offer them some type of internet clout were to invite them to what you describe, then the answer would most definitely be no.

Honestly(and this is just my opinion of how it should be. It isn't like this.) we should; at the very least, have the option to warn other people of probable wintraders so that other players at least know who to watch out for when queuing. 

If someone has proper evidence, they aren't breaking any other rules, and they aren't just trying to start a witch-hunt then why not?

If wintraders aren't being dishonored, and their titles/rewards aren't getting revoked, then its really pretty much the only thing we can do.

And not being able to do so is a bit silly; when back in the day, cheating might mean GMs take control, throw your characters off a cliff, all before deleting the entire account. Based. 😎👍

Looks like they found a way to do it already 🙂

Public outcry worked and this should have been done BEFORE the launch of EoD. Maybe the big bosses at NC Soft got word of it too. Well, I hope this creates a bit of goodwill for anet. It was a good decision but it lingered longer than it should have. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pimsley.3681 said:

Looks like they found a way to do it already 🙂

Public outcry worked and this should have been done BEFORE the launch of EoD. Maybe the big bosses at NC Soft got word of it too. Well, I hope this creates a bit of goodwill for anet. It was a good decision but it lingered longer than it should have. 

Yeah, i'm honestly surprised.

I hope Anet sees how actions like this make PvP look and play better, and that they keep on with this approach whenever they need to. 

0 sympathy for all banned, and for the thousands of monies wasted just to ruin other people's day and waste their time.

"$10,000" well-spent there 🤣

• Like 1

By banning them we also lower the already low spvp population tbh, ANET really needs to promote 2v2/3v3 mode to make up for the potential loss of more spvp players. I'm not saying win traders don't deserve to be banned/discourage from playing the game. They do deserve to be banned for ruining matches for other genuine players, but this is an objective culling of the spvp population. I'm assuming some of them are still going to win trade and some of them will move on.

Just promote/advertise 2v2/3v3 deathmatch please. Like people still play battlerite but GW2's pvp 2v2/3v3 death match is just so much better. They need to respond in terms of damage control tbh because this spvp population looks like it's on it's last legs, and especially now that new games are coming out and no old players are see-ing the point of returning.

Edited by BlackTruth.6813
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

15 hours ago, BlackTruth.6813 said:

By banning them we also lower the already low spvp population tbh, ANET really needs to promote 2v2/3v3 mode to make up for the potential loss of more spvp players. I'm not saying win traders don't deserve to be banned/discourage from playing the game. They do deserve to be banned for ruining matches for other genuine players, but this is an objective culling of the spvp population. I'm assuming some of them are still going to win trade and some of them will move on.

Just promote/advertise 2v2/3v3 deathmatch please. Like people still play battlerite but GW2's pvp 2v2/3v3 death match is just so much better. They need to respond in terms of damage control tbh because this spvp population looks like it's on it's last legs, and especially now that new games are coming out and no old players are see-ing the point of returning.

They were a scourge to the game.

Hope Anet hammers more folks, because this just seems like action for RMT.

Still plenty if wintraders on the board and accounts active.

In an ideal world, yes, Im all for exposing their identity.

This message was meant as a suggestion to help out the devs and I should have tagged them, first and foremost. 

I suggested the non shaming part because it's been the modus operandi of Anet to never disclose or expose names.

My main pvp account was banned from the forum for exposing names in the past and calling out super obvert cheating. -

Learned my lesson - I was vilified. However, I'm happy to see that they have not removed posts with videos and such. We are trending towards the right direction. 

I only have 2 accounts, 1 in each region. 

20 hours ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

Yeah, i'm honestly surprised.

I hope Anet sees how actions like this make PvP look and play better, and that they keep on with this approach whenever they need to. 

0 sympathy for all banned, and for the thousands of monies wasted just to ruin other people's day and waste their time.

"$10,000" well-spent there 🤣

I was surprised too and this time, in a good way. 

• Like 1

On 10/6/2021 at 8:31 PM, Pimsley.3681 said:

This is possible only IF anet is serious about taking action. No IP tracking needed. 

Send the people with suspicious behaviors and out of the blue high rating an invite to do a friendly 5v5 on a private server. Observe how they respond to your class/build and how well they use their defense and burst. Players allegedly at the pinnacle of pvp should have a broad understanding of mechanics and how to respond to every spec/build. See how well they understand the map, anticipate spawn, how well they side node, roam, etc. Observe if they understand their role. 

This is for the obvious bottom feeder who paid their way to the top. As for skilled pvpers that wintrade, not sure if there's that much because I believe some top players do have integrity. However, Im certain the developers can aggregate enough data to piece everything together. 

It's hilarious that you think silver, gold, low p1 players (talking about EU ranking) can wintrade to the top 25. For other players, they are very likely to be better than most ANET employees in sPvP.

32 minutes ago, Crozame.4098 said:

It's hilarious that you think silver, gold, low p1 players (talking about EU ranking) can wintrade to the top 25. For other players, they are very likely to be better than most ANET employees in sPvP.

I was humbly making suggestions because the game mode is dying and I used verbiage that wasn't accusatory nor elitist. 

Sorry if I offended anyone.