Getting rid of cheap mechanics

Ovark.2514

While we nerf reviving, how about we nerf finishing as well? These are just a few examples:

have instant spell interrupt finishing

remove the instant finisher from Daredevil's Elite Utility skill

automatically strip stealth when a stealthed player starts finishing

make Engineers under the effect of Elixir unable to finish other

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

We should remove death out of the game so people dont complain when they die or when you die you just stand back up where you died at full hp, but when you kill the other guy he stays dead i'm pretty sure thats gonna clean this place up 100%.

There's your free W you came to the forums for.

Edited by Genesis.5169
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

While we nerf reviving, how about we nerf finishing as well? These are just a few examples:

have instant spell interrupt finishing

remove the instant finisher from Daredevil's Elite Utility skill

automatically strip stealth when a stealthed player starts finishing

make Engineers under the effect of Elixir unable to finish other

Remove downstate.

All problems solved.

• Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Genesis.5169 said:

So like have any of you guys ever attempted to interrupt the guy trying to revive or do you see that guy casting for 2 seconds and your like nothing i can do?

its more like he casts it from 1000 range, while in a LoS spot, while having aegis and stability.
And at that point there is legit nothing can be done, outside of hail-mary lucky corrupt into fear, or thief F1 again, assuming he hasnt made it to no-port spot yet.
Im not an expert but maybe when everyone complained about reviving, maybe just maybe they shouldnt kittening buff it, but what do I know lol

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

its more like he casts it from 1000 range, while in a LoS spot, while having aegis and stability.
And at that point there is legit nothing can be done, outside of hail-mary lucky corrupt into fear, or thief F1 again, assuming he hasnt made it to no-port spot yet.
Im not an expert but maybe when everyone complained about reviving, maybe just maybe they shouldnt kittening buff it, but what do I know lol

Or, mesmer magic bullet, or f3, or domination, or gs 5 or w/e
Or Engineer holo 5, or ram, or thumper, or the various traits they have.
Or, Warrior can make there stuff unblockable.
Or, Revs can make there stuff unblockable.
Or, I'm pretty sure ele's have cc in 2 of 4 element.

You've mentioned thief and necro already, idk how many cc or dazes rangers have i dont get cc'd often by them so ima assume not much outside of pushback and snare, and gaurdians really dont have much in the cc department so there's that too.

If the guy is out of los for you he prolly is out of los to res in which cause you merely need to wait for him to align with target or just kill whose down. But yeah most of the classes have multiple ways of stopping a rez.

Edited by Genesis.5169
Formatting..

Just now, Genesis.5169 said:

Or, mesmer magic bullet, or f3, or domination, or gs 5 or w/e

Or Engineer holo 5, or ram, or thumper, or the various traits they have.

Or, Warrior can make there stuff unblockable.

Or, Revs can make there stuff unblockable.

Or, I'm pretty sure ele's have cc in 2 of 4 element.

You've mentioned thief and necro already, idk how many cc or dazes rangers have i dont get cc'd often by them so ima assume not much outside of pushback and snare, and gaurdians really dont have much in the cc department so there's that too.

If the guy is out of los for you he prolly is out of los to res in which cause you merely need to wait for him to align with target or just kill whose down. But yeah most of the classes have multiple ways of stopping a rez.

what part of stability you didnt understand?
you can start casting revive, give yourself stab and then either get to no-port spot or jump off a cliff, or just straight up run opposite direction

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

what part of stability you didnt understand?
you can start casting revive, give yourself stab and then either get to no-port spot or jump off a cliff, or just straight up run opposite direction

Everyone has more then one CC but if the guy popped a STAB CD just to res that guy held on to 2 cds to cover his res so maybe you should hang on to two cds to cover the deny because thats what he is doing. Honestly if the guy prepared his res and protected that much he deserves the res because he held on to that STAB to get it, its on you to stop at that point.

I play a condi mirage and I can get thru the stab between chaos storm, signet of domination, magic bullet and f3 but if the guy some how makes it through all of that why people just gotta accept you got outplayed.

As i side note have i had guardians res under my pressure he had alot of stability from the shout so i ran arcane thievery next round and stole the stability. I'm certain tons of classes have this kinda play in there own way.

Edited by Genesis.5169
Additional info
  • Thanks 2

Maybe not revive skills are problem, but not enough penality for downstate after getting revive? I don't think revive skills should be targeted, if anything, they should be buffed, so people want to pick such utilities, but downstate itself should have more consequences then.

1 minute ago, Genesis.5169 said:

Everyone has more then one CC but if the guy popped a STAB CD just to res that guy held on to 2 cds to cover his res so maybe you should hang on to two cds to cover the deny because thats what he is doing. Honestly if the guy prepared his res and protected that much he deserves the res because he held on to that STAB to get it, its on you to stop at that point.

I play a condi mirage and I can get thru the stab between chaos storm, signet of domination, magic bullet and f3 but if the guy some how makes it through all of that why people just gotta accept you got outplayed.

you mean his instant 3 stacks of stab?
yes, guard using 2 skills should deny a kill from a team that dumped 30+ skills to get a down, sounds like fun and interactive game to me 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

you mean his instant 3 stacks of stab?
yes, guard using 2 skills should deny a kill from a team that dumped 30+ skills to get a down, sounds like fun and interactive game to me 😄

Well i did arcane thievery and stole the stability also i run boon removal sigils on staff i didnt have staff out at that time but i did have as an option. Also you didnt see the edit my bad i put it in after i figured you'd need more detail because you actually pvp and from what i can tell are pretty good at the game.

Edited by Genesis.5169

1 hour ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

Remove downstate.

All problems solved.

I’ve played the game since beta weekend. I understand the argument as to how downstate adds a layer of complexity to matches. I still dislike it intensely. There is no worse feeling (in my opinion) in PvP, in this game, than to work hard to down an opponent only to have their teammate show up at the last moment and revive them. Total kick in the balls.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Genesis.5169 said:

Well i did arcane thievery and stole the stability also i run boon removal sigils on staff i didnt have staff out at that time but i did have as an option. Also you didnt see the edit my bad i put it in after i figured you'd need more detail because you actually pvp and from what i can tell are pretty good at the game.

my beef with revive is that guard does uga-buga -> revive + stab.
and you have to go out of your way to even have a slight chance to interrupt.
When you really think about it lets say as mesmer, you have to 
1 blink ( as he will either be in no-port zone, so you have to jump there asap, or he holds W key and runs off.
2 remove his aegis and stab, on power its dry-shattering spam on condi at ( assuming someone runs this ) and even then its RNG as kitten and to this day I still dont know whats the priority for boon removal no matter how much I try to learn. ( its more or less rng )
3 CC ( except he can still insta-aegis himself again to prevent it ) so at the end of the day its still not going to do anything.
This is a checklist you have to go through as one of if not the best class for interrupting.
What can ranger do? nothing.
Warrior ? nothing
guard ? nothing
ele? nothing
rev?  nothing
thief? swipe is the only easy way of stopping the skill, everything else is max effort, low reward.
Like over half the classes dont even have an option to interrupt, and those that do are an uphill battle anyways.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, crewthief.8649 said:

I’ve played the game since beta weekend. I understand the argument as to how downstate adds a layer of complexity to matches. I still dislike it intensely. There is no worse feeling (in my opinion) in PvP, in this game, than to work hard to down an opponent only to have their teammate show up at the last moment and revive them. Total kick in the balls.

The real kick in the balls is that downstates and health are different.

I think if downstate stays, it should be 11k health, and only 2 skills. (The auto and bandage).

The rest is a crutch that hinders personal player improvement.

I don't expect anything to change because Anet is full of people who openly have disdain for pvp and streams and presentations make sure to let the public know that it is barely a thought given to it.

-One PvP guy in the back.

• Like 1