Skirmish Tickets and WvW Legendary armor

dontlook.1823

8 hours ago, mistsim.2748 said:

That's it? 20 hours per week for 6 months to complete the track. And that's it! Wow, so casual, so easy. If one doesn't have a life. At least in PvE and spvp, you can accelerate your progress if you choose to (i.e. if you're on vacation you can just play more). Anyway, the upcoming pip changes will make this a lot better. Long time coming.

Good insight. Also, I ~kind of~ get the argument about it being easy. BUT I feel like the time to get it can be factored into that equation which, to me, actually makes it the most daunting to go after... Time is a real thing and to ignore that assumes that people have all the time in the world to play GW2 on a regular basis. 

7 hours ago, mistsim.2748 said:

At 5 pips per tick, that's pretty much how much I have to play to get my last Diamond chest. 

How long we've played is irrelevant, you're missing my point entirely. Leggies from PvE and spvp can be grinded in less time, should one choose to do so, yet for some dumb reason wvw is much more time gated and by far the worst mode to get leggies in.

Couldn't agree more. 

16 hours ago, suialthor.7164 said:

The PvP one doesn't require skill, just time investment.  I did the back, amulet, and an armor set in less than a year.  

The Raiding one requires a little learning for a few of the bosses.  If all else fails you can pay a group (with in game currency) to get you through them assuming you can learn basic mechanics.  After that you can do the easy 5 or 6 each week for 20% of the weekly cap.  An average group with a new player or two can do this in about 2 hours.  I honestly think this is the easiest method and the least time consuming for the first set.  For additional sets, it is still the easiest and least time consuming but it will take much longer. 

WvW, like PvP, only requires time.  Except it requires drastically more over a longer time period.  Plus you don't get little breaks like in PvP between matches.  You are expected to keep active and long travel times can make this annoying.  I wish 2 hours could get average players to 20% of the weekly cap.   Even after the pip change 2 hours might get around 10% of the weekly cap for lower ranks.

And what is worse you have to cap it on a weekly basis just to finish the "fastest route" which is 7 months and a half. 

7 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Well, as you spend those 6 months working on it you'll end up with more pips ,and less time required to cap it.

Unfortunately gaining WXP is a different process than pips, where you can have someone that primarily roams gain very little WXP even if they are able to maintain active participation compared to someone that PPTs with a zerg. It takes more effort to roam, takes longer to travel to the objectives that can be soloed, has more inherent risk in running into a gank squad, and yet the guy who presses 1 from within the safety net of a zerg gets more WXP.  They should dole out more WXP for doing a higher percentage of the work on an objective and less to those that only do 2 percent because they are in a zerg of 50.   My 2 cents...

• Like 1

Just now, Sylvyn.4750 said:

Unfortunately gaining WXP is a different process than pips, where you can have someone that primarily roams gain very little WXP even if they are able to maintain active participation compared to someone that PPTs with a zerg. It takes more effort to roam, takes longer to travel to the objectives that can be soloed, has more inherent risk in running into a gank squad, and yet the guy who presses 1 from within the safety net of a zerg gets more WXP.  They should dole out more WXP for doing a higher percentage of the work on an objective and less to those that only do 2 percent because they are in a zerg of 50.   My 2 cents...

You should still be gaining something like 25-50 ranks per week depending on gameplay, boosters, and luck with liquid wxp drops. Bronze pip is at 150, so 3-6 weeks. Next is at 650 if I remember. When I grinded out my leggy armor I started out at something like rank 50 and ended up around rank 1000 afterwards.

And no I did not cap diamond every week in the beginning, or even try hard my wxp gain.

1 hour ago, Sylvyn.4750 said:

Good suggestion. I think they should incentivize defending objectives. So much potential there for ANET. The whole conquer and move on tactic gets old keep. We will just cap it again 😄 is a detrimental mentality.  Defense should be awarded just as much as offense. I feel like it encourages this hit and run style of gameplay for those PPT groups. Can we not have just the opposite? Those groups that focus on defense would add an interesting level of gameplay. The challenge with that would be to structure in a way where it doesn't cause a stalemate which could end up being a big issue.

Edited by dontlook.1823

2 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

You should still be gaining something like 25-50 ranks per week depending on gameplay, boosters, and luck with liquid wxp drops. Bronze pip is at 150, so 3-6 weeks. Next is at 650 if I remember. When I grinded out my leggy armor I started out at something like rank 50 and ended up around rank 1000 afterwards.

And no I did not cap diamond every week in the beginning, or even try hard my wxp gain.

Lol, same here. I'm about to hit rank 1000 and i just finished the entire light set of legendary armor last week.

Anyway, i'm glad they're balancing the rewards because, in my opinion, WvW armor was the hardest to get simply because, if you can't make WvW your second job, the armor takes exponentially longer to obtain and there's no workarounds.

I still haven't figured out how people "afk at spawn" and not lose participation, so i reject that argument on "it's easy".

For someone who has a moderate amount of time to play, WvW armor is impossible.

But now it might not be. The weekly cap is still there which is ok i guess if they insist on it, but it's not easier to get more tickets per week for players who can't make WvW their job.

2 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Lol, same here. I'm about to hit rank 1000 and i just finished the entire light set of legendary armor last week.

Anyway, i'm glad they're balancing the rewards because, in my opinion, WvW armor was the hardest to get simply because, if you can't make WvW your second job, the armor takes exponentially longer to obtain and there's no workarounds.

I still haven't figured out how people "afk at spawn" and not lose participation, so i reject that argument on "it's easy".

For someone who has a moderate amount of time to play, WvW armor is impossible.

But now it might not be. The weekly cap is still there which is ok i guess if they insist on it, but it's not easier to get more tickets per week for players who can't make WvW their job.

I was up at all hours back then with a newborn so I 'played' a fair bit, as much as a sleep deprived dad can with a newborn that took a while to go back to sleep at each feeding. I burned a bunch of tickets on dbl confluxes when they came out, but I'm halfway to the next set of tickets for a new set in the next weight class.

42 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I was up at all hours back then with a newborn so I 'played' a fair bit, as much as a sleep deprived dad can with a newborn that took a while to go back to sleep at each feeding. I burned a bunch of tickets on dbl confluxes when they came out, but I'm halfway to the next set of tickets for a new set in the next weight class.

I got back into GW2 when the lockdowns started, found a WvW guild soon and well, i managed to complete a diamond chest then because all i played was WvW and GW2. The first few pieces of armor went "quickly".

But now that i can't no-life at a computer anymore, the reward track is impossible to even budge. I barely finish gold each week, and i sometimes don't even finish silver. I'm glad they're increasing pips, but there also has to be a better way than passive gains.

The last piece, the gloves, i think just that took 4 months. I mean, that's just insanely unnecesarily long, like, yeah we get it, WvW is "easy" or whatever, but yeah, i'm glad they're seeing that it's not a fun balanced reward system and that they're changing it.

I'm still hoping they implement your daily/weekly/monthly emblems idea. 🙂 

In the meantime, i'm greatful for the pip increase, and i'm already starting to save tickets for the backpack. 🙂

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, GoldenPants.1870 said:

Lets say I am starting from 0 exotic armor, how many Tickets/MoB/Gold will getting the ascended armor take ?

Tickets: 1310 regular with marks, 2620 for mistforged version with no marks.

MoB: 1500 regular with marks, 3000 for mistforged version with no marks.

13 gold.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skirmish_Supervisor

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Mostly roaming for a couple hours a night, I'm averaging not more than 2 rank ups each day, and am just over 1100 rank currently.  I've unlocked the ascended precursors for all weight classes and purchased 4 legendary pieces so far with the tickets I have earned, though if I hadn't also used them for half a dozen trinkets and on Warcry, which I still have to finish collecting mats for Warbringer, then I might have had almost 2 legendary sets by now.

15 minutes ago, Sylvyn.4750 said:

Mostly roaming for a couple hours a night, I'm averaging not more than 2 rank ups each day, and am just over 1100 rank currently.  I've unlocked the ascended precursors for all weight classes and purchased 4 legendary pieces so far with the tickets I have earned, though if I hadn't also used them for half a dozen trinkets and on Warcry, which I still have to finish collecting mats for Warbringer, then I might have had almost 2 legendary sets by now.

You need to use boosters and tag more stuff then. I got 35 ranks while roaming last week and I didn't have enough time to cap diamond.

Though I capped my MF, and have been getting a lot more liquid wxp lately. I think a good 5 of those levels came completely from the 2500 wxp drops that you get at rank ups sometimes.

7 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

You need to use boosters and tag more stuff then. I got 35 ranks while roaming last week and I didn't have enough time to cap diamond.

Though I capped my MF, and have been getting a lot more liquid wxp lately. I think a good 5 of those levels came completely from the 2500 wxp drops that you get at rank ups sometimes.

Aye, I probably need to change my playstyle to cap more objectives for more WXP...I tend to defend a lot, which doesn't gain any points when it's unsuccessful.

13 minutes ago, Sylvyn.4750 said:

Aye, I probably need to change my playstyle to cap more objectives for more WXP...I tend to defend a lot, which doesn't gain any points when it's unsuccessful.

Good news is, you don’t actually have to cap stuff..  Kill guards at enemy towers and keeps them return to where you are scouting (on the same map) and if those flip to your world, you’ll get that WxP.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

Good news is, you don’t actually have to cap stuff..  Kill guards at enemy towers and keeps them return to where you are scouting (on the same map) and if those flip to your world, you’ll get that WxP.

This. There is also more wxp on RBL than the other BLs. Each of the elemental shrines give wxp when you take them.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2021 at 12:37 AM, mistsim.2748 said:

That's it? 20 hours per week for 6 months to complete the track. And that's it! Wow, so casual, so easy. If one doesn't have a life. At least in PvE and spvp, you can accelerate your progress if you choose to (i.e. if you're on vacation you can just play more). Anyway, the upcoming pip changes will make this a lot better. Long time coming.

WvW guarantees progress. There are plenty of people who have tried to get PvE legendary armor for YEARS and still can't because they can't get raid wins. Everyone on here acts like you can just walk into raiding and instantly start getting 25 LI per week and it's only going to take you six weeks. Garbage. Maybe the case if you can find a static of good players to run with, which is rare, or you buy runs which is common and those poor saps are going to pay upwards of 1000g for the LI alone.

I got a set of Raid armor first and that took me several months of raid training and failed runs. Where you spend hours and hours getting nothing.

Then I did PvP which took a lot more effort and just waiting around for hours for Qs.

The WvW armor was an absolute breeze by comparison, since I just had most of the stuff lying around for that by just playing the mode. There were enough reward track potions from dailies in the bank to finish 6 gift tracks instantly and enough volatile magic from gathering tools to buy Trophy Shipments to get the other mats required, not to mention the several hundred clovers just sitting there in storage. Have you actually looked at how much it costs a PvEr to make those? Man, that was the bane of my existance in making legendary weapons before I started WvW. Right now they cost about 7.5g to make in the forge, plus 15,000 karma.

Legendary armor in WvW is basically "Hey, you've played WvW for 600 hours! Here's a set of legendary armor, congrats!"

On 10/23/2021 at 12:45 AM, Dawdler.8521 said:

Who says you have to play 20 hours a week? And for just 6 months? We've played this for 9 years. Before skirmish chests even existed. Before legendary armor existed.

If you go into WvW just for the armor and then you're going to kitten right off because you've served your time well then everything will be too slow for you.

Exactly, you go for fun and you get the armor by having fun.

If you splash out on Volatile Magic gathering tools, they will pay for your materials needed through Trophy Shipments.

1 hour ago, Norbe.7630 said:

WvWers don't care about legendary items only PvErs do for bling bling.
I wish i could trade you my Skirmish tickets for 10 gold each.

Some of you wvw'ers seem like you're more interested in gold than pve'ers with the amount of times y'all come in here wanting to exchange wvw currency for gold.

11 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Some of you wvw'ers seem like you're more interested in gold than pve'ers with the amount of times y'all come in here wanting to exchange wvw currency for gold.

Yes, some of those WvW people just play WvW exclusively and nothing else. and gold is pretty scarce in WvW as everybody know its a gold sink before (meaning you do not gain gold when playing WvW, you actually lose gold)

What would WvW'ers do to that gold?

-Dropping sieges which is costs gold.
-Providing damage reduction/healing food etc which costs gold to make.
-Crafting equipments  just to counter for the endless shifting meta due to cry babies whining for balance because those people are too lazy to get good so they ask Anet to nerf or buff instead.
-Stack of emblems accumulated in bank and still hoping for something to happen that those emblems would be put to good use instead of just deleting.
-etc etc

So... yeah the ones being requested by these poor WvWers is Gold while the PvEr requests for Time
Time is Gold, or so they say.  Time is a very expensive currency.

I think yeah, make the WvW Legendary requirement for PvErs just say: play one day of WvW and you get all your requirements to make them and shoo fly don't bother us anymore in WvW. And if that happens, WvW currency will be like the prices in copper and will go back to being a gold sink mode. And will be forced to play PvE just to get funds on WvW gameplay.

So yeah, WvWers being selfish for asking gold to sustain their gamemode. While PvErs asks for what again? Bling Bling.
Every mode has already a bling bling. Gotta catch em all? Pokemon?

WvWers hates to fight pre generated graphical monsters or Golems. They want to fight actual people who thinks and acts like them. PvErs just like to press 1 and get rewards. Just like what they are used to fighting at, a golem who doesn't think or fight back. People like that want that kind of gameplay.

WvW is dying.

The majority of PvErs requesting that change is for them not to play WvW.

Can't you see?

Edited by Norbe.7630
  • Like 1

PS: if Anet actually designed a good Legendary WvW armors like a better version of Diablo's Tyrael for male and Auriel for female
(shinier/blinding /longer tentacles /angelic wings) more PvErs would whine in WvW section just to get that so Anet made a fugly generic sets instead lol.

https://p4.wallpaperbetter.com/wallpaper/1013/995/782/2560x1080-px-diablo-tyrael-ultra-video-games-wide-art-monochrome-hd-art-wallpaper-preview.jpg

Edited by Norbe.7630

16 hours ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

Well I'll be...I knew to tag a guard on an objective if I couldn't get to the lord's room in time before it flipped, but it never occurred to me to run around and tag all potential flips even if they didn't flip for an hour or two.. .I assume you still have to be in WvW when they flip, right?  Thanks for the tip!

16 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

This. There is also more wxp on RBL than the other BLs. Each of the elemental shrines give wxp when you take them.

Thanks...another good tip!  

12 minutes ago, Sylvyn.4750 said:

Well I'll be...I knew to tag a guard on an objective if I couldn't get to the lord's room in time before it flipped, but it never occurred to me to run around and tag all potential flips even if they didn't flip for an hour or two.. .I assume you still have to be in WvW when they flip, right?  Thanks for the tip!

Np. RBL generally has more WXP in it, but until you learn the map can be a bother to navigate in.

You can jump off of cliffs and land in hay stacks to not die for instance. Each of the shrines over a mode of fast travel within their areas as well.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Sylvyn.4750 said:

Yes. You can’t leave the map that you killed the guards in.  

Also..,  on occasion, if another team flips it before yours, then I believe your credit is wiped away.  So, being familiar with the map makes you more efficient.  

• Like 1

This is my first time posting to the forums, specifically because the topic is something that needs to be addressed beyond ANET's actions (although I appreciate their intent).  I'm working on the WvW legendary armor set, and have already acquired all of the items for PvP legendary armor.  

The PvP track required a reasonable amount of time/ skill to complete.  I hardly ever had to schedule time to grind Pips, but just put effort into learning the game mode and it came naturally at an hour/day.  

10 Pips win/ 3 Pips loss / 2 Pips for score within 80%

Not going to even include top stats or other add-ons

= 7 Pips per 8 minutes, assuming 3 minute wait time, 50/50 win rate, and close loss 1/4 of the time you lose.  

6,420 Pips needed =  3 x Full reward cycle (2 month season) + 24 Repeat Byzantium chests

6,420  pips at 7 Pips per 8 minutes= 7,337 Minutes= 122 hours in 6 months = 5 hours/ week for 6 months for PvP

This also directly includes 675 gold in rewards.

That's about 45 minutes per day in the game mode at worst. 

WvW is almost pure time-gate, not affected by skill or actions (other than being at least T3 participation) and even in the new system they're implementing it's an absolute slog to get through. 

New system-

Assuming 2nd place in match (5 Pips), wood completion last week (1 Pip),  and Bronze world rank (2 Pips)= 8 Pips every 5 minutes  (no more outnumbered to try to boost it).  

1450 Pips (for full skirmish track) at 8 Pips per 5 Minutes = 906 Minutes      = 15 hours/ week for 5.5 months for WvW in the new system (if you can even get through Diamond Chest every week, I don't know how people find the time)

Also, Skirmish Claim Tickets are set up so over half of them are in the last two reward chests (200/365 tickets are in the Mithril/ Diamond Chests) 

Please: 

Make the Skirmish Tickets distribution even across all chests. 

Keep the outnumbered bonus

Add a reward system for Pips or Tickets in capturing camps/ towers/ etc.  

Nobody is asking for free/ easy gear, but this reward system is being based around players who play this game as a part time job.  Require T5 or 6 participation, incentivize active players however you want, but the huge time gate required because of the assumption that everyone is AFK-ing or putting less effort into it than PvP is outrageous.  

*edited to fix text spacing and math.  Darn you math.  

Edited by Nautilus.6580
  • Like 1