Would it be possible to have a cooldown tooltip for DH pull?

Genesis.5169

5 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

never played DH, if you cant even see your own pull CD that is stupid as kitten and should be changed asap. what a game lol

F1 is a flipover skill, so actually you do not see if the pull is ready until you've re-tethered the target.

I just don't get it why it's a problem though. Elementalist has many cooldowns hidden behind attuswaps, yet players make it work. You don't see people complaining that they have to swap to earth to check if their Obsidian Flesh is ready or not... and eles have multiple important skills hidden like this, dragonhunter only has one.

Edited by Bazsi.2734
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

F1 is a flipover skill, so actually you do not see if the pull is ready until you've re-tethered the target.

I just don't get it why it's a problem though. Elementalist has many cooldowns hidden behind attuswaps, yet players make it work. You don't see people complaining that they have to swap to earth to check if their Obsidian Flesh is ready or not... and eles have multiple important skills hidden like this, dragonhunter only has one.

Yet, it would be nice to see CDs on backbars somehow (other weapon) without swapping into them to make more educated decisions. ESO had same issue, while game has no CDs, players had to make mods to track if effect from backbar are still ongoing or not and if you should swap to use them again. After 7 years it landed as core game feature.

5 hours ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

It's a problem, because it happened to him right here and right now, while others were playing like that since 2012. Magic~
He probably swapped recently from staff/staff Mirage, forgive him.

4 hours ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

It's a problem, because it happened to him right here and right now, while others were playing like that since 2012. Magic~
He probably swapped recently from staff/staff Mirage, forgive him.

No i was playing a AT with a DH friend as we were talking about how he has to guess 37 seconds to figure out when pull is off cd because he has it untraited he told me it was really annoying so i decided to ask here i don't play DH's class to simple for me. I know its wild but i actually care about the QoL of the game at large even if it has nothing to do with anything i play.

Edited by Genesis.5169

43 minutes ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

It's simply double the cooldown of the spear-throw, and therefore you can just know that every 2nd spear-throw can be pulled. You don't have to be doing differential-equations to keep track of it.

While I agree that this isn't an issue, DH do run radiance so the on-kill reset kinda screws over that mental clock. 

But yeah, a visible cd is not needed. 

1 hour ago, Genesis.5169 said:

No i was playing a AT with a DH friend as we were talking about how he has to guess 37 seconds to figure out when pull is off cd because he has it untraited he told me it was really annoying so i decided to ask here i don't play DH's class to simple for me. I know its wild but i actually care about the QoL of the game at large even if it has nothing to do with anything i play.

If he doesn't have a problem with not seeing 1-5 skills cooldowns after swapping weapons then I fail to see the problem with F1 pull there.
A-net could just do the same "animation"/"UI indicator" of boons/ammo skills for that F1 skill, but instead of just line being removed around said skill, it would do the opposite and fill-up to clarify skill being ready.

1 hour ago, Math.5123 said:

While I agree that this isn't an issue, DH do run radiance so the on-kill reset kinda screws over that mental clock. 

But yeah, a visible cd is not needed. 

If you're running Radiance, it should be even less of a problem because you see the cooldown timer by recasting it. And recasting shouldn't be an issue because you're running Radiance. 

Now I don't know where I stand because adding a feature to show the CD on the pull wouldn't change anything, so adding it should be fine. 

On 11/3/2021 at 7:35 AM, Genesis.5169 said:

Cause it's really annoying to guess when pull is off cd or have to use f1 to see.

Its twice the cooldown of spear, so after using it and getting your next spear, either:

*Wait for spear to come off cooldown and throw it immediately, it will be available on your next toss

*Dont throw spear and count to 20 in your mind. If you have to throw it any time before you reach 20, it will be available on your next toss. 

I don't think they need a tooltip, but what they -do- need is to pulse revealed to themselves while that tether is in play, so they cant just stealth and obfuscate whether they're going to pull you or line up true shot. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

16 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

I don't think they need a tooltip, but what they -do- need is to pulse revealed to themselves while that tether is in play, so they cant just stealth and obfuscate whether they're going to pull you or line up true shot. 

Yes, and every thief who applies condi and stealth's should have pulsing reveal as well, and any CC they use in stealth can't be instant and needs to reveal them long before it casts, it ranger should be revealed long before rapid fire goes off from stealth etc etc.....this makes no sense to only apply this to DH that has to depend on a rune and running traps just to get access to stealth. Not only can you dodge F1, it has a fairly long cast time, it's very glitchy and you have a very narrow cone you have to face in for it to actually cast, but even once landed you have to push it again to get the pull which has another long cast time, which is on a 40second CD and you can port out of range to break the tether or use a single stack of stab if you failed to dodge F1 and it's a slower pull that can be stun breaked and then dodge, which will trigger all the traps, take no dmg and leave the DH a free kill, not to mention it's very glitchy and often doesn't pull the person all the way to you and as such won't hit the traps or will pull the person into the traps but not trigger them etc etc etc etc. And this is someone who doesn't run traps anymore or trapper runes because it's a noob killer and fails vs anyone who has played it.

• Thanks 1