sPvP Tier list from the perspective of a Gold 3 Tail Swipe abuser

Arklite.4013

You need to put mirage in its own tier below the others called way too hard to play for what i get tier. Or hit for wet noodle tier or burn every CD to kill one person with a high margin (just dodge after use see berserkers come) of failure and if you dont your kittened tier.

Edited by Genesis.5169
  • Confused 6

1 minute ago, Valik Shin.9027 said:

I'm confused here. How can you say spellbreaker and scourge are equals?  I guess from an 9utside perspective it might sram that way but honestly most warrior players in gold are pretty should players where as scourge is op enough to carry a person to gold

Nah, scourge really isn't very strong anymore its in a weird spot were it gets bullied 1v1 by a huge number of builds and in team fights its still passable but doesn't really have the damage/sustain/support to make up for an immobile target which can't really do anything on its own. Spellbreaker is a solid duelist which can win or stalemate pretty much anything while being quite good at surviving plus ones thanks to solid mobility.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

It seems a little off to me. 

I tried fixing it.
The closer the classes are to the left of their respective tier bar, the closer they are to being one tier higher. further to the right, closer to being a tier lower. 

Lich carries scourge which is why it is where it is, otherwise it would be a bit lower.  Necro position is intentional. 

Tried to be as honest as possible regarding warrior and thief despite maining those classes, and aware of how classes interact with others around the same tier. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Incoming elementalist players saying this list is wrong because their class is "literally unplayable" in sPvP.

Jokes aside, I don't think core Guard is as strong as core Necro. And I would swap positions between Scourge and Reaper.

Edited by Telgum.6071

6 hours ago, Arklite.4013 said:

Tier list can be found here

I know tier lists are not important, this was more of a "for fun" thing. Though I am curious to hear what I got wrong and why. Ultimately I feel like class (not build) diversity is pretty good right now, save for a handful of specs.

Cheers!

Pretty good list, honestly. I'd put Holosmith up to S and core-Warrior down to C, but otherwise would agree.

1 hour ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

It seems a little off to me. 

I tried fixing it.
The closer the classes are to the left of their respective tier bar, the closer they are to being one tier higher. further to the right, closer to being a tier lower. 

Lich carries scourge which is why it is where it is, otherwise it would be a bit lower.  Necro position is intentional. 

Tried to be as honest as possible regarding warrior and thief despite maining those classes, and aware of how classes interact with others around the same tier. 

Holosmith and Herald below Soulbeast, DH, and Weaver? Core Mesmer in the same category as Holosmith? Core Engi in the same  category as Tempest? What is this?

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

Pretty good list, honestly. I'd put Holosmith up to S and core-Warrior down to C, but otherwise would agree.

Holosmith and Herald below Soulbeast, DH, and Weaver? Core Mesmer in the same category as Holosmith? Core Engi in the same  category as Tempest? What is this?

players making tier list using their feelings instead off logic 😄

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

This is madness Sir.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Valik Shin.9027 said:

I'm confused here. How can you say spellbreaker and scourge are equals?  I guess from an 9utside perspective it might sram that way but honestly most warrior players in gold are pretty should players where as scourge is op enough to carry a person to gold

Scourge has seemed like the weaker of the three necro builds, being less able to punish your mistakes than core or reaper and generally more bully-able. Good spellbreakers are rare but they can be really impactful when they are good. The placements were made with the idea that each spec is piloted by competent players.

6 hours ago, Avatar.3568 said:

I would put dh, mirage, spb, and core war all one tier higher, and holo and rev s tier, 

Core rev is a good B tier

(Sorry for double post, missed this comment)

My perception may be skewed because most holo/rev players in gold are braindead - I placed DH as low as it is because once you're familiar with the gimmicks of the build it feels pretty manageable (aside from eating 11k true shots from stealth). It is notably really annoying to play a class without a blink or stability and get stuck in LB5/the elite trap and eat a ridiculous amount of damage, but otherwise the spec seems pretty fair. In my 200 or so ranked games this season I don't think I've seen a single core rev.

Interested that so many people assert that spb should be a tier higher - the culture here on the forums makes it sound like the class is unplayable...

scourge is still in A tier, necro mechanics still remain overtuned, all necro specs are between A and S tier.
holo def A/A+/S- tier.
Agree with power herald/weaver, I would put herald higher simply due to being able to stack herald much better and having better team utility, and fitting in more compositions.
core ranger, core thief, tempest and renegade I agree with.
I would put DH higher, bottom of A tier probably 
mirage, spb,slb,deadeye fit in B tier.
I would move core mes and war into C tier for sure
Scrapper belongs in B tier at least, maybe even high B tier. problem is holo can do what scrapper does but better, doesnt mean scrapper is bad necessarily.

There is some underplayed specs, that are not bad at all, just another does its just slightly better so there is nobody that plays them.
Core thief is still very strong, but DD is better, if you are a thief player you are going to play DD, not due to core being bad but DD being even better, same with deadeye.
Scrapper is in the same boat with holosmith.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

This.

There is not a large degree of separation between tiers, for me. the back end of A tier could easily be B tier, and the top end of A tier could be S theoretically. Core engie is only barely in the same category as tempest. note it is farthest to the right of that bunch. You could  consider it E tier, but it marginally outperforms the two classes below it on its condi build.

Holosmith and Herald  are far to the left in their category. You could consider them A tier, but they are pushed down by some of the more prominent builds, with bunker weaver being slightly better performance wise than them.  Weaver, comparatively is just barely A tier, only there because it is generally more stable than the two classes below it that are also high performers. 

Core mesmer could be C tier, but has power and condi builds available to it, so it is slightly more versatile than the classes in that tier. 

@Leonidrex.5649see above. 

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

This.

There is not a large degree of separation between tiers, for me. the back end of A tier could easily be B tier, and the top end of A tier could be S theoretically. Core engie is only barely in the same category as tempest. note it is farthest to the right of that bunch. You could  consider it E tier, but it marginally outperforms the two classes below it on its condi build. 

Holosmith and Herald  are far to the left in their category. You could consider them A tier, but they are pushed down by some of the more prominent builds, with bunker weaver being slightly better performance wise than them.  Weaver, comparatively is just barely A tier, only there because it is generally more stable than the two classes below it that are also high performers. 

Putting DH and Soulbeast as "nearly S tier" and Holo and Herald as "not good enough for A tier" is still cringe.

Also Tempest should be way higher. It gets overshadowed by core-guard for the support slot, but it's still good. If your team doesn't have a support, and enemy has a tempest, you will lose every team-fight.

Edited by Ragnar.4257
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

Putting DH and Soulbeast as "nearly S tier" and Holo and Herald as "not good enough for A tier" is still cringe.

I will stand by that opinion about Dragonhunter and Soulbeast, but fair enough if it is not shared. Holo and Herald being at the back end of A tier would be just as acceptable, personally.

Also Tempest should be way higher. It gets overshadowed by core-guard for the support slot, but it's still good. If your team doesn't have a support, and enemy has a tempest, you will lose every team-fight.

I'm not certain I agree with this either, but I am more open to this than the above.