Question about Character delete

bilbojj.1936

Hi

I have made alot of progress in this game and have all mounts but the pvp one. Problem is due to lack of funds im stuck on a NA server as a EU player and want to transfer. If i was to deleted all my charaters and move to EU would i loose all my mounts/masterys and stuff? thanks

If you delete all your characters you will not lose any mastery, achievements, mounts, wardrobe unlocks  or items in your bank.   You will  lose what ever is in the inventory of the characters you delete.  So make sure to put everything that isn't soulbound in your bank first.  You will also lose birthdays of the deleted characters. 

Important edit for anyone viewing this thread later on:   As seen later on in  this thread it appears deleting all characters for a free transfer is no longer an option. 

Edited by JustTrogdor.7892
  • Like 6

Yea your new characters will start over and get year 1 birthday gifts 365 days after you create them like the poster above said.

I would just raid your material storage and sell some stuff to cover the transfer cost in gems.

You probabely have afew mystic coins for example that would give you a nice boost.

• Like 4

Just now, Lyssia.4637 said:

Although not the items you got from the birthdays, as long as you put them in your bank (ie, dyes, leveling scrolls), and not account-wide unlocks, like the rock chair.

That's why I said the birthdays of the deleted characters and not the items earned from those birthdays while also mentioning the importance of putting all items that are not soulbound in the bank first.    🙂

11 minutes ago, bilbojj.1936 said:

Ok thx for the replays guys. One more question i did look at the server i wanted togo to and its says full. dose that mean i can go their ever?

It doesn't mean you can't go there ever but you will have to wait for it to no longer be full.   That may take some time and perhaps a small window of opportunity.   So if you delete all your characters now you may be waiting a long time to play again if you are committed to waiting for  a currently full server to open up. 

Edited by JustTrogdor.7892
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, JustTrogdor.7892 said:

That's why I said the birthdays of the deleted characters and not the items earned from those birthdays while also mentioning the importance of putting all items that are not soulbound in the bank first.    🙂

Oh, I read the entire post; it was simply that, by putting birthdays last and by simply saying "birthdays", it sounded a little ambiguous to me; that it might be suggesting that birthdays were an exception to what you'd already stated above.  Depending on how familiar with the game the OP is, that might or might not be confusing, and I was simply clarifying.  Especially since both character and account birthdays are, afaik, pretty unique to GW.  No offense meant, my friend.  🙂 

As for a full server: keep in mind, it's a weekend, and during some prime playing hours.  You're best chance for catching the server when it isn't full is to try sometime when there are the fewest players on (very early in the morning, server time, or late at night; likely depends on the server), so you might want to try then.  It also might have to do with the WvW matchups, depending again on the server you want, so keep an eye on when the matchups change; you might get enough people jumping to new servers to give you an opportunity to get on then.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, bilbojj.1936 said:

Ok thx for the replays guys. One more question i did look at the server i wanted togo to and its says full. dose that mean i can go their ever?

Keep in mind that the worlds/servers should disappear once WvW restructuring is complete. Only the NA/EU barrier will remain.

Edited by Leo.3428
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Lyssia.4637 said:

Oh, I read the entire post; it was simply that, by putting birthdays last and by simply saying "birthdays", it sounded a little ambiguous to me; that it might be suggesting that birthdays were an exception to what you'd already stated above.  Depending on how familiar with the game the OP is, that might or might not be confusing, and I was simply clarifying.  Especially since both character and account birthdays are, afaik, pretty unique to GW.  No offense meant, my friend.  🙂 

As for a full server: keep in mind, it's a weekend, and during some prime playing hours.  You're best chance for catching the server when it isn't full is to try sometime when there are the fewest players on (very early in the morning, server time, or late at night; likely depends on the server), so you might want to try then.  It also might have to do with the WvW matchups, depending again on the server you want, so keep an eye on when the matchups change; you might get enough people jumping to new servers to give you an opportunity to get on then.

This dont work anymore server pop is counted on wvw participation over weeks not days for the full status.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you participated in the recent Beta(s), you will have invisible Beta characters on your account, and will have to wait until all the Betas are over and those Beta characters removed internally.  Which may be a few weeks after the last Beta.

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234
Removal of service previously offered by the CS Team.

12 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

If you participated in the recent Beta(s), you will have invisible Beta characters on your account, and will have to wait until all the Betas are over and those Beta characters removed internally.  Which may be a few weeks after the last Beta.

You can contact the CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below and request that they restore your deleted characters, if you wish to play with your deleted characters until the Beta characters are removed.

They dont restore deleted characters anymore

i sent a ticket and this is what i get" Thank you for replying back to us. 

Your account wouldn't receive a free server transfer since this account was created before Free to Play accounts were introduced. Also, deleting characters on an account is not a resolution for free server transfers. We hope this information was helpful to you. 

If you need assistance with anything else, feel free to contact us again.  

Im super confused as people have told me they have done this in the past and even said it on the wiki

The line on the wiki stating that deleting your characters will earn you a free transfer is based on communication with ANet from 2013. That is before the introduction of both the free-to-play version and the megaserver. It's not outside the realm of possibilities that the wiki is severely outdated in this case. If ANet told you that you can't have free transfers, it's hard to top with anything.

I'm not sure how frequently transfers happen these days, anyway, but they are mostly due to WvW, I imagine. Probably why the wiki still says what it says: no-one realised it should be revised.

I tested two accounts, both  in EU, one of them is old with many characters, the other one I recently upgraded from a free account. Transfer to a medium population world in NA on the old one would cost me 500 gems, while a transfer on the newly unlocked account is free without deleting any characters.

Your account is old, the info you got from others might be based on newer accounts.

I'm sorry you deleted your characters. It seems you didn't have to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bilbojj.1936 said:

i sent a ticket and this is what i get" Thank you for replying back to us. 

Your account wouldn't receive a free server transfer since this account was created before Free to Play accounts were introduced. Also, deleting characters on an account is not a resolution for free server transfers. We hope this information was helpful to you. 

If you need assistance with anything else, feel free to contact us again.  

Im super confused as people have told me they have done this in the past and even said it on the wiki

That is strange havent heard they changed that in any way, still think its any beta characters that you have not deleted that is ghosting your ability to move it happend with the hot beta characters after all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hm I would strongly advise against deleting your characters. If you can, keep your characters. Especially if you're invested in the game. You will lose a lot, like map exploration, crafting professions and story progression.

Keep playing on the current server until you saved enough money for the transfer. You can also convert gold to gems if that is an option for you.

24 minutes ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

Hm I would strongly advise against deleting your characters. If you can, keep your characters. Especially if you're invested in the game. You will lose a lot, like map exploration, crafting professions and story progression.

Keep playing on the current server until you saved enough money for the transfer. You can also convert gold to gems if that is an option for you.

I essentially said that on the first reply, yet the OP deleted his characters anyway.  🤷

• Like 1

It sounds like they’ve added rules and restrictions that are not in wiki (which is a source that is updated by players, not by ANet).

A January 2018  thread on the same subject of transferring after character deletion got this response from support. 

The waived server transfer is only meant for "players just starting out" and as i have said earlier we are not here to circumvent the system. Continued abuse of the waive server transfer can be taken as exploiting the system since server transfers are a paid service and require Gems.

If you still want to transfer it sounds like you’ll need to buy the gems for it. 

Edited by Just a flesh wound.3589