Cant buy gems anymore with the new payment methods.

Admittedly, this is not surprising. This was first reported mid Nov last year, three and a half months ago, and here we are on the cusp of an expansion and still it persists. Taking how long for alliances? Still have steam "on hold." Really? Payment method problems still exist. Seems par for the course with ANet.

• Sad 1

Just recently came back from a break and since March Sales has started, i would like to stock up some gems but i get Error 80808 at the end of the purchase, i had no problem purchasing gems for the past 10 years in GW2.

I checked GW2 Support site and was told to submit a ticket, which i did so i hope they can help me to sort it out.

i bought 2800 gems on EoD release. got zero gems. and no email confirmation from anet. i DID however get the amount taken out of my bank account. submitted a ticket and waiting still. its been well over 24 hours now. i really would not like to have to have my account frozen but i WILL issue a charge back. i dont put money into this game for nothing. i had a specific use for that amount of gems and i will miss out on the sale item. i suggest someone at support look into this before i have to take it up with paypal and my bank.

• Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Rabbitsocks.3726 said:

i bought 2800 gems on EoD release. got zero gems. and no email confirmation from anet. i DID however get the amount taken out of my bank account. submitted a ticket and waiting still. its been well over 24 hours now. i really would not like to have to have my account frozen but i WILL issue a charge back. i dont put money into this game for nothing. i had a specific use for that amount of gems and i will miss out on the sale item. i suggest someone at support look into this before i have to take it up with paypal and my bank.

I guess you have written a support ticket?

Since it take up to 72 hours to respond then update that ticket on what you want to buy in sale and they should honor it even if the sale ends before.

I know EoD has just been released but i hope CS can get back to us as soon as possible and March Sales has just started as well. Hope i don't miss anything i want from sales until CS can rectify my problem.

Can't believe spending money is a problem too 😂

• Like 1

Same issue can’t buy gems or anything, keep receiving the same Error 80808. Have opened two tickets and just gotten a generic pre-recorded message that they’ve looked in the account and fixed it but it’s still not working… I support the game often by buying gems and I love this game… but with this problem I can’t buy any gems, I had to buy the End of Dragons expansion via a third party seller got an online code… now I want to get gems to get items that are on sale on the yearly sale and I can’t cause the payment method is not working… I wish that they fix the problem so we can keep supporting this great game… hopefully this is resolved and goes back to normal…

• 2 weeks later...

Having a similar issue, I can't buy gems or expansion, error code 100455 "Your attempt was declined by the financial institution. Please contact your financial institution for assistance." Tryed with credit card, prepaid card and paypal, same message . Seems not to be a problem with the bank or paypal.

• Sad 1

I can't buy GEMs or EOD using Paypal and have a secondary bank payment option (not credit card).

The process finishes but no confirmation of success and funds not withdrawn from account.

No retailer in Australia.

No soup for me...

I tried to buy gems today in order to get the key sale and I'm getting the same error as above and can't buy gems. Thanks

*******My issue was actually resolved rather easily. Seems to be a security check in place. Which I like. Thank you for that!!

Edited by wolfie.2841