Virtuoso changes look great

Mell.4873

3 hours ago, Levetty.1279 said:

100 gems have been deposited into your account. 

Wow so i have to hate virtuoso, if i am Mesmer main. Well i would be rather annoyed if i got another clone based elite spec like the last two since it would add nothing..

One of the main problems with Mesmer is you cant pre-cast damage(phantasms) before a fight, which for open-world means your damage can be very slow unless you spam just clones and waste cooldowns.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

Wow so i have to hate virtuoso, if i am Mesmer main. Well i would be rather annoyed if i got another clone based elite spec like the last two since it would add nothing..

One of the main problems with Mesmer is you cant pre-cast damage(phantasms) before a fight, which for open-world means your damage can be very slow unless you spam just clones and waste cooldowns.

And after the changes you don't have damage ever.  Perfect!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

They are just tweaking it, I mean it was way to high before. 40k on large targets was a bit op.

Yet it brings no utility no boons and there are current classes that do offer boons, barrier, huge CC and still do more damage on large hitboxes or if slightly lower...yea 40k is OP lol....as well as its only good for large hitboxes...then what about small hitboxes....? Oh wait they will sometimes completely miss the target....yikes....

Edited by Salt Mode.3780
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 6

14 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

They are just tweaking it, I mean it was way to high before. 40k on large targets was a bit op.

40k is pretty common for selfish DPS classes.  DH, Weaver, Daredevil, Condi Renegade, Condi Firebrand, and Deadeye are all hitting 40k in game right now. 

Edited by mortrialus.3062
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, mortrialus.3062 said:

40k is pretty common for selfish DPS classes.  DH, Weaver, Daredevil, and Deadeye are all hitting 40k in game right now. 

I just meant the Snowcrow Large Hitbox benchmark, which the top dps was held by virtuoso,

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, mortrialus.3062 said:

If you're 40k on small you're 40k on large. The distinction between large and small on snowcrows is that builds with specific listings under large hit box are specifically better at large hit boxes than small hitboxes. 

No there is a difference since large targets has more points that a aoe spell can trigger damage. Small can preform the same dps but not vice versa.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

Wow so i have to hate virtuoso, if i am Mesmer main.

Maybe if this thread actually had anything to do with the changes that were made and not just blind praise completely divorced from reality.

2 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

40k is OP on Virtuoso but fine on every other selfish dps class. Nice 'Mesmer main' there. No wonder you are praising Virtuoso.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

40k DPS is Way to high.. While Harbinger does 45k Bladesworn does over 45k, Chrono does 42k... lol

What are u on about?.. it wasnt too high xD

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

Well Arena Net thought so

well heres the 50/50 on it

Anet have effectively fixed a whole load of traits to now work on the Proffession Plus some other bonus's they've then decided to play this Super safe by nerfing the damage. Im guessing what they're after is improving the quality of the proffession and making it work properly withthe elite and beleive this will effectively Prevent a DPS Increase.

Whats going to likely happen is Virt just dropped to below 40k DPS And is now gonna be unwanted in all content Not just SPVP now xD

i assure u these changes arent realistically the best you cvould have expected considering the current position of the specc

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

No there is a difference since large targets has more points that a aoe spell can trigger damage. Small can preform the same dps but not vice versa.

Read more closely.  That's exactly what I said.  Some builds perform better on large hit boxes.  But most builds are functionally the same whether its a large or small hitbox.