WvW World Restructuring Update – December 3, 2021

•    Your assigned team Moogooloo
•    Your original home shard: Kaineng
•    The name of the WvW guild you selected in the World Restructuring menu: Wtb Swole Norn [Men] (Right before deadline)
•    Despite the reset thing, I'm still stuck on Moogooloo, but it did display a different set of servers when I went to character select, went back to normal after I logged fully out and back in so I'm still stranded.

7 minutes ago, Jin Seinochi.2347 said:

Agreed. I legit had zero knowledge this was happening until right before the deadline and when I was finally able to tell my friends to select the guild it was past their deadline, so they might or might not have made it, I don't know yet. But I didn't, so it doesn't matter, we're split to some extent. I only even found out because someone happened to mention it in VC.

yeah that a total mess and arena net is like ' lol you can't change team for the week beta' u.u

Edited by Baras.8673
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

•    Assigned team: Giant's Rise

•    Your original home shard: Yak's Bend
•    The name of the WvW guild you selected: Get Off [OFF]
•    A description of the issue: I was able to join my guild at reset with the team Titan's Staircase. I left 30 minutes into reset to have dinner. When I relogged, my assigned team changed to Giant's Rise.

The pizza was roasted garlic and chicken with white sauce. It was delicious, unlike WvW tonight. 😬

• Like 1

•    Assigned team: Giant's Rise
•    Your original home shard: Anvil Rock
•    The name of the WvW guild you selected in the World Restructuring menu and if it was selected before last night’s deadline:

Beta Alliance Guild [BAG], no I didn't select it before the cut off.
•    A description of the issue: I intended to join the alliance with Beta Alliance Guild [BAG] but didn't know to check the box before the cutoff. Could you please move me to their server Phoenix Dawn? I've selected the guild for the World Restructuring - BETA.

6 hours ago, muerte.3842 said:

•    The name of the WvW guild you selected in the World Restructuring menu and if it was selected before last night’s deadline: O U R S [OURS]
•    A description of the issue: Assigned to the wrong team, should be Phoenix Dawn.

OURS is on Fortune's Vale.

•    Assigned team: Griffonfall
•    Your original home shard: Fissure of Woe
•    The name of the WvW guild selected: Incomplete Demon [Dmon]
•    A description of the issue: I didn't know to check the box before the cutoff. Could you please move me to their server Skrittsburgh ? I've selected the guild for the World Restructuring - BETA.

•    Your assigned team: Phoenix Dawn (Should be Moogooloo with all the people I normally play with). My server has switched a few times randomly.
•    Your original home shard: Darkhaven(Originally AR, then IOJ just after the game began...have been DH since before there was a cost to transfer)
•    The name of the WvW guild you selected in the World Restructuring menu and if it was selected before last night’s deadline(because of a lack of communication ingame from GW2, and resulting miscommunication): ZPM
•    A description of the issue:  Originally, all but one member of the group I play wvw with had selected ZPM as we have several members on DH who play wvw in a squad together nearly daily. Later, several joined a different guild/alliance(xxxl) with additional people we play with. Those of us who are members of ZPM, and who had chosen this as our alliance seem to have all been placed into different beta areas. I am not with a single person on my friendlist, guild, or followers list, but, I seem to be with some on my blocklist.

Edited by Doll Mistress.9267
added info
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, cassiopeia.5068 said:

Assigned team: Giants Rise

Original home: Darkhaven

Issue: Half our guild was in queue all night once queue popped, were kicked back into queue. Which max queue was 30s. Happened to over 6-7 people and they had to log out because they gave up since it happened 3 or 4 times. All maps currently are still queued. Not sure if our alliance has too many people/guilds on it but you can’t even swap maps to help when needed. Or swap characters. Totally unusual for our server to have queue all night Friday. 

This is normal WvW reset event. There is nothing wrong in this. This report form is not for this.
Misread the comment.

Edited by Kitta.3657

7 minutes ago, Bristingr.5034 said:

Man, the trolls are out in full force tonight.

I see only one troll here.

Not everybody reads the forums, and that was the only place it was officially confirmed as what was happening with the dates as far as I am aware, yes it was discussed in team, map, squad and guild chats, but only occasionally and that depends entirely on where you are and what you are doing, not everybody might have seen it, or understood it.

How about we take a deep breath, take a step back, and understand there are legitimate players who are confused and do not know what is going on, and have made purchases they might have otherwise not have made (in server transfers).

So my feedback for Anet regarding this is perhaps for any future WvW beta's do an ingame mail to people when they enter a WvW map for the first time when guild selections are up explaining what is happening and why, and tell them to select their guilds, let people know in game what is happening.

As for the beta it was buggy and unreliable initially but seems alot better recently, so hopefully the rest of the week is largely smooth and anet gets some good information on how things went.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Kitta.3657 said:

This is normal WvW reset event. There is nothing wrong in this. This report form is not for this.

Never happened prior to alliances with anyone in our guild before... the queue is not my issue the fact that queue pop, click to travel and then get put back at the end of queue is. 

possibly the server has too many populated guilds put on it? It’s worth a shot for them to look into. If it ends up being I’m wrong, I’m not worried about it. But it’s information that should be put out there. Especially in a beta 

1 hour ago, nightcaller.6093 said:
  • Assigned team: Giant's Rise
  • Your original home shard: Darkhaven
  • The name of the WvW guild: Fur Eternal [FurE]
  • A description of the issue: I clicked the tick mark to join my guild about 20 minutes before the beta launched, then when it asked me to pick a team to join, I picked the same one as was listed to have been the one my guild was assigned, which was Griffonfall. I didn't immediately start playing on the servers, and when I came back at a later point in time, I found that my assigned team had been swapped to Giant's Rise

You've been warned multiple times about the deadline and even in the post you're replying to they are telling you that you were too late. There's no bug or issue, you didn't make it to the deadline.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, cassiopeia.5068 said:

Never happened prior to alliances with anyone in our guild before... the queue is not my issue the fact that queue pop, click to travel and then get put back at the end of queue is. 

possibly the server has too many populated guilds put on it? It’s worth a shot for them to look into. If it ends up being I’m wrong, I’m not worried about it. But it’s information that should be put out there. Especially in a beta 

I'm sorry the kicked back to the end of the queue was not what I was referring as not being wrong though I can guarantee to you this bug is not a new one, it has happened to me and my friends multiple times in the last year (and before too, it's a pretty old bug) but I am seeing that this bug happened to a lot of people tonight so there does seem to be something that triggered it more from this beta. Sorry again.

• Like 1

It's fair enough that I failed to meet the deadline, I simply didn't act with enough urgency on that part, though I'm still somewhat confused why I was reassigned from the server I selected when that particular element of the ui didn't appear until after the beta had started

Edited by nightcaller.6093

•    Assigned team: Reaper's Corridor
•    Your original home shard: Desolation
•    The name of the WvW guild selected:  Voices Of The Lost Claw [BEAR]
•    A description of the issue: I've been placed into the wrong team, put in Reaper's Corridor but should be in Seven Pines

8 minutes ago, nightcaller.6093 said:

It's fair enough that I failed to meet the deadline, I simply didn't act with enough urgency on that part, though I'm still somewhat confused why I was reassigned from the server I selected when that particular element of the ui didn't appear until after the beta had started

It's because currently, for the week of testing, previous servers do not exist anymore. If you didn't select a guild as your WvW guild before the deadline, you would be shuffled on criteria that's not clear to us for this beta though in the future things such as your hours played in wvw, your tmz, etc. will be influencing the server you are assigned to. I recommend reading previous posts about what World Restructuring is and why it's in development.

So since you didn't make it through the deadline, the game saw you as a solo player and assigned you on a server that had place/required solo players. This is why I'm saying there's no issue with what happened in your case, the system worked as intended. If you were aware of the deadline before it and selected your guild in time and *then* on reset tonight you weren't assigned to the same server as your selected guild: this is what that report form is intended for, so they can investigate why that did not work.

Hope that helps clearing it for you.

I have been on the Tarnished Coast since day 1, but always unguilded, that is my preference. There are no clear instructions of how to hook up with then again. This is lame. I am on First Haven, there is no incentive for me to join the fight.

Edited by Thet.7153
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kitta.3657 said:

It's because currently, for the week of testing, previous servers do not exist anymore. If you didn't select a guild as your WvW guild before the deadline, you would be shuffled on criteria that's not clear to us for this beta though in the future things such as your hours played in wvw, your tmz, etc. will be influencing the server you are assigned to. I recommend reading previous posts about what World Restructuring is and why it's in development.

So since you didn't make it through the deadline, the game saw you as a solo player and assigned you on a server that had place/required solo players. This is why I'm saying there's no issue with what happened in your case, the system worked as intended. If you were aware of the deadline before it and selected your guild in time and *then* on reset tonight you weren't assigned to the same server as your selected guild: this is what that report form is intended for, so they can investigate why that did not work.

Hope that helps clearing it for you.

Alright, thank you for the explanation. I suppose I'll simply focus on other content for the time being until the beta is complete, or unless the devs happen to open a more general method for switching teams.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dr Vymula.6489 said:

Advertised where? No emails, no in-game message. 

Why are we idiots for wanting to play wvw together? 

They've been announcing the alliance feature for 4 years, directly on guildwars2.com and the embedded news in the game launcher.

• Haha 1