Arborstone: A Complete Waste of Space

7 hours ago, Pirindolo.9427 said:

Dreaming is free, but it can become painful when you wake up.

Errr... there is a lot I criticize about the game, so I am not a dreamer who doesn't see the reality of things. You, on the other hand, obviously did not listen to what was said during the live stream, so it's pointless to argue with you.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Errr... there is a lot I criticize about the game, so I am not a dreamer who doesn't see the reality of things. You, on the other hand, obviously did not listen to what was said during the live stream, so it's pointless to argue with you.

The fact is that, yes, I did listen to what was said during the live stream.

Edited by Pirindolo.9427
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

On 12/14/2021 at 8:31 AM, Sobx.1758 said:

...you're the one claiming "what we saw is what we get" while ignoring the fact we didn't see everything. 🤷‍♂️ 

Nice for you. Be happy for the things that you don't know if they even exist.

In my case, I prefer to be happy (or sad) based only on the things we know.

Edited by Pirindolo.9427
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

On 12/4/2021 at 12:29 AM, Cronospere.8143 said:

Okay the marketing i agree.. lol it's not their strongest point. 

I'm the kind of person who likes to be surprised. So i'm glad I dont know everything already. Im optimistic about what they will deliver. So i will wait and see! 

Wouldnt you say for anyone who likes to go in oblivious and be surprised that they should stay away from hype material?

Like if their hype material are for the ppl that dont want to see anything then what about the ppl that was to be sold the expansion? "Its gonna have thing and there will be events guy" is just empty promises until feb.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Pirindolo.9427 said:

Can anyone explain what's the meaning of the "confused" emoticon? Because I receive a lot of them, even when I post something like "2+2 = 4". So it obviously doesn't mean that the person reacting to my post is confused.

They are confused you have that opinion which they dont agree with and or the comment is off topic to them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Pirindolo.9427 said:

In my case, I prefer to be happy (or sad) based only on the things we know.

You're just complaining for the sake of complaining and use false claims so you can even have an ""opportunity"" to do it. You've lied about something and it was pointed out, I'm not sure how that somehow "makes me happy about something we don't know if it exists" like you try to claim now out of the blue. You sure seem to be sad/angry about something we know is false though.

3 hours ago, Pirindolo.9427 said:

Can anyone explain what's the meaning of the "confused" emoticon? Because I receive a lot of them, even when I post something like "2+2 = 4". So it obviously doesn't mean that the person reacting to my post is confused.

"2+2=4" is an undeniable fact. You claiming "I'm happy about something we don't know will even exist" is just a made up lie. You claiming "what we saw is all we get" is also false, because we know we didn't see everything.

So each of those claims, along with the whole comparison about your claims being some universal truth, when we know they're false is what's confusing to me.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 5

4 hours ago, Pirindolo.9427 said:

So you admit that they might exist. 😂

Because, yes, fact is that we don't know. What we do know is (a) that they mentioned there will be a lot more with higher Mastery tiers, and (b) that they hinted about something special on those platforms (that looked a lot like teleporters) that could not be seen yet at Masters Level 2 (which was the tier at which Rubi took us on the tour).

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

What this game doesn't need is another HQ of operations like EOTN or sunrefuge. Stop with that idea already arenanet!! You want to sell your lounges pass or not? Stop making hub everywhere with givexto players access to all features! See amnoon! The lounge is in the city but you have to pay for it!

Really complete waste of space! Would have preferred a second guild hall , a raid wing, HOUSING place or a strike happening here than another hub with commodities!

It is hard to add in the city of new kainerg and shing jea two lounges like how you did with lily of the elon with amnoon?

It IS POSSIBLE to make LOUNGES in CITIES. Stop with hubs a la eotn already, and think about lounges.

It would be perfect especially to attract new players into your economical system of gemstore showing themselves in the first map of the expansion aka shing jea a lounge with all commodities and tell them m,  "you want to have that all around tyria, expansions map and in some ls maps?" Buy our lodges!! I"m surprised no members of your business team thought about that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, hugo.4705 said:

What this game doesn't need is another HQ of operations like EOTN or sunrefuge.

The fact that you compare Sun's Refuge, where no one ever goes again after they finished all achievements there, with a place like The Eye of the North, that is frequented every day, shows that you don't get the concept of hubs. Also, Arborstone won't be a mere VIP Pass-like area, so that comparison is inadequate as well.

The EotN is fine, but Arborstone could be great. In any case, it remains to be seen, so no need to whine about something of which we know only bits and pieces so far.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, xXMapcoXx.9614 said:

So we get this useless pos but not playerhousing like most of us wanted? what a waste of time an resourses!

I know for some of us it might be hard to admit, but GW2 is GW2. It is not going to change its attitude about wanting to be "different."

Just accept it and find what you are looking for elsewhere. GW2 has a lot of things going for itself that are pretty darn good (e.g., character and mount movement and animation, combat mechanics, controls and keybind options, its solo-player friendliness, its resource gathering system, and much more), but immersion just isn't one of them (with the exception of rare jewels like the Bjora Marches).

I assume the majority of today's GW2 players isn't playing the game for immersion, either.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3