Can we please get increased symbol size back?

RedAvenged.5217

First off, I multi class on basically everything since the start of time and I find off meta builds to be fun.

I know guard and symbols used to be very toxic to play against- first off

1.) burn used to be the best condition since resistance existed so the highest burst = better

2.) retaliation was very toxic even in down state, made or broke many situations 

3.) firebrand was the biggest offender, not “op” when you looked across all classes but ranked insanely high in almost all categories- sustain dps versatility etc

4.) dh an old offender cannot really get away with it anymore , nothing new

5.) menders is gone, the builds are pigeon holed into taking sages and cannot make the most of the trait lines anymore

there is no reason for symbols to remain so heavily nerfed and they should be brought back like scourge shades got brought back. All that’ll happen is maybe firebrand will be semi playable, dh might not always be on a meme build and core guard which is ok rn might be decent but still not meta.

it seems to be very ok to bring it back and yet scourge got their shade thing back even though they were ezily the strongest spec in 2v2s and 3v3s at the time. Symbols are just ok...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Given that Necromancers are able to fart out circles that are larger than Symbols ever were, I see no reason why Symbols were nerfed in the first place.

Arenanet should really undo this mistake.

For sure.

47 minutes ago, Vancho.8750 said:

Only if they buff the kitten out of Full counter again so it punishes people that spam AoE circles off cooldown.

I think guard would be a counter to war in a 1v1 even if full counter got a buff, it’s just always has been a counter and remains one. 
war needs some love but guard needs it to

• Like 2

Yes please buff guardian it's not already the meta pick in every kittening comp and able to decide the fate of any teamfight. It needs to do more, in a wider area against more people and apply more boons with a longer duration to more allies. You know what, give guardian players a kittening dev console so they can just type /win and end the game like this, at least I won't waste 15 minutes bouncing against a boon wall so absurdely out of control that I can't dent it even on GS domination mesmer -arguably the best boon ripper currently available, I think-

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

17 minutes ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

Yes please buff guardian it's not already the meta pick in every kittening comp and able to decide the fate of any teamfight. It needs to do more, in a wider area against more people and apply more boons with a longer duration to more allies. You know what, give guardian players a kittening dev console so they can just type /win and end the game like this, at least I won't waste 15 minutes bouncing against a boon wall so absurdely out of control that I can't dent it even on GS domination mesmer -arguably the best boon ripper currently available, I think-

The trait in question cannot in any viable way be played on support.

Plus any support build at the moment is kind of really good- it just happens that people play guardian. And like plenty of other classes the viability of pretty much any other build is very low

On 12/5/2021 at 12:44 PM, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

Sir, this is the pvp forum. We talk pvp balance here. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Arken.3725 said:

This is a terrible idea.  Symbols are terrible by design and should be overhauled, not expanded upon.

They can be overhauled, and the size increased by the trait at the same time. The problem is that Anet put so many traits into the traitlines to make symbols stronger or more versatile that they end up overloaded in effectiveness.

16 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

They can be overhauled, and the size increased by the trait at the same time. The problem is that Anet put so many traits into the traitlines to make symbols stronger or more versatile that they end up overloaded in effectiveness.

Yeah I mean it reminds me of willbender beta, like why would we have traits to make something useful on every trait line and not be able to make it function in pvp?

anyone can just stand out of symbols which are one of the bread and butter of most guardian builds

As much as I would like to be able to play sidenode guard again, this isn't the way to do it. Symbols will by design be extremely oppressive or completely useless. 

If there's no counterplay except "get off the node" it's not a healthy build. Just like kalla isn't healthy and like scourge isn't healthy. 

Just make symbols utility and add the damage in other places. 

• Like 1