the majority of eod specs feel like core 2.0

Stand The Wall.6987

On 12/16/2021 at 2:46 PM, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

the gameplay hasn't changed is what i'm getting at. i doubt harbinger will stay as is but if it does its going to largely be unviable in pvp.

Im confused by what u mean "gameplay doesn't change". 

It's rotations etc etc aren't identical to reaper core or scourge?. The physical gameplay does change. Unless Ur gonna say well the core weapons do the same stuff.... But I dunno where u would get expectation that wouldn't be the case given the fact this is the same as the prior elites. 

On 12/20/2021 at 1:09 PM, Daddy.8125 said:

Im confused by what u mean "gameplay doesn't change". 

It's rotations etc etc aren't identical to reaper core or scourge?. The physical gameplay does change. Unless Ur gonna say well the core weapons do the same stuff.... But I dunno where u would get expectation that wouldn't be the case given the fact this is the same as the prior elites. 

Compared to core har is pretty similar or if you want to get technical dumbed down. The only difference is shroud doesn't act as second health bar and all you can do is basically auto attack on skills 1-3 as rotation.

To me that sounds like a downgrade if anything. Hopefully the last beta was not the last iteration.

9 hours ago, Kronos.2560 said:

Compared to core har is pretty similar or if you want to get technical dumbed down. The only difference is shroud doesn't act as second health bar and all you can do is basically auto attack on skills 1-3 as rotation.

To me that sounds like a downgrade if anything. Hopefully the last beta was not the last iteration.

What do you mean? Reaper currently only uses its shroud to autoattsck 

Scourge doesn't even use a weapon swap and doesn't even have a rotation. 

If anything it's likely on par. 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

What do you mean? Reaper currently only uses its shroud to autoattsck 

Scourge doesn't even use a weapon swap and doesn't even have a rotation. 

If anything it's likely on par. 

reaper is melee, scourge is aoe support spam. harbinger is the same 111 ranged spam as core, except you have more mobility and not a second life bar which isn't a real gameplay change its just a nerf. how you don't see core and harbinger is the same gameplay wise i just don't get. w/e tho ded gaem

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

reaper is melee, scourge is aoe support spam. harbinger is the same 111 ranged spam as core, except you have more mobility and not a second life bar which isn't a real gameplay change its just a nerf. how you don't see core and harbinger is the same gameplay wise i just don't get. w/e tho ded gaem

My point is: necromancer has always been that. So wby did anyone expect different 

Tbh by the sounds of it if it releases in its beta state no one will be playing it so I'd expect some changes atleast. 

Just like every ranger elite gets some form of a F5 transformation. 

Mesmers get identical shatters every round with new names. 

Elementalists continously have attunements dedicated to the same things. 

Necromancers are always throughout kept super simple go play super easy to play. Because the proffession is made to serve that purpose. So yes their rotations every round are spamming small rotations. 

Difficulty curves exist to allow every type of player to play. 

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

GOOD. Tired of this powercreep nonsense.

Exactly. Now just bring the other elites in line and we may actually get somewhere balance wise. 

Core speccs need their proper strengths and so do the elites but options. Not replacements 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 12/16/2021 at 8:28 AM, Kodama.6453 said:

The shroud is burstier, but it doesn't act like a second health pool anymore and also stacks blight (which reduces your maximum health).

So instead of being a form you can switch to defensively, it makes you glassier in exchange for more damage, I think this is a pretty big change in it's functionality, so I wouldn't call harbinger one of the "core+ elite specs".

After 9 years of shroud face tanking....you expect necro mains to suddenly realize where the dodge button is? They will surely give Harbinger some facetanking ability....otherwise we will be able to fill up the grand canyon with those salty tears

• Haha 3
  • Confused 3

41 minutes ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

Catalyst could of been fixed if they gave us longbow. smdh

Catalyst can be fixed with hammer also. It isn't compulsory it has a longbow to be functional realistically. 

People just want it to be longbow. Unsure to exactly wise. Dragonhunter got bow... Yet doesn't use it, why do you beleive this would change for elementalist if it got a ranged weapon?? 

People need to reliese. Ranged combat in gw2 no longer works, there are so many areas of the game that would need fixing before ranged combat had happened. 

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 12/13/2021 at 3:31 AM, Daddy.8125 said:

Prolly too late to change that realistically they can't rework 9 elites in 2 months. That's a crazy request to realistically make. 

Also I wouldn't rly say majority. 

Catalyst and to a extent untamed are the only 2 (untamed less so since it's rework) 

Their fine just need tidying up haha 

I would add Guardian elite spec to this list as well.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/18/2022 at 2:35 PM, Daddy.8125 said:

Catalyst can be fixed with hammer also. It isn't compulsory it has a longbow to be functional realistically. 

People just want it to be longbow. Unsure to exactly wise. Dragonhunter got bow... Yet doesn't use it, why do you beleive this would change for elementalist if it got a ranged weapon?? 

People need to reliese. Ranged combat in gw2 no longer works, there are so many areas of the game that would need fixing before ranged combat had happened. 

DH doesn't use LB? That weapon gets used all the time in WvW. 

Ranger has been using LB for years. 

Just because it doesn't work in "Raids" and that whole "stacking"  doesn't mean range is not valuable. 

3 hours ago, DragonSlayer.1087 said:

DH doesn't use LB? That weapon gets used all the time in WvW. 

Ranger has been using LB for years. 

Just because it doesn't work in "Raids" and that whole "stacking"  doesn't mean range is not valuable. 

I was referring to PvE. Ranged combat in PvE content don't work. 

Alot of ranged weapons get used in WvWvW I'm aware of that. 

However my point still statements. It's still fixable wielding a hammer... And there's every chance they could screw up a ranged specc (virtuosos a good example of when they screw up a ranged specc)