Dragon's stand map currency

could we please get the currency for DS to drop at a much higher rate? making a legendary is not that bad but ds it the most unbearable part of it all for gen 2
no one does it basically the majority of the time its just a dead zone maybe once a day it gets done and if you aint on during that time you are SoL.

i get it the whole we had to suffer through it so now you do ppl sure that would of worked years ago when it was current and it was being completed every time the event was up but its not now 

and its not fun in the slightest 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

5 minutes ago, losingfaith.2035 said:

could we please get the currency for DS to drop at a much higher rate? making a legendary is not that bad but ds it the most unbearable part of it all for gen 2
no one does it basically the majority of the time its just a dead zone maybe once a day it gets done and if you aint on during that time you are SoL.

i get it the whole we had to suffer through it so now you do ppl sure that would of worked years ago when it was current and it was being completed every time the event was up but its not now 

and its not fun in the slightest 

Yea certain hours it still seems to get run or at least if you tag up and place the /ip into lfg and coordinate things if no one else does you can still run it pretty reliably, but I agree it would be nice if it got run more. I wouldnt object to a small reward tweak in some way to make it more popular again. Its a rather fun event chain.

• Like 1

There are 9 noxious pods on "dead" maps - 3 down each lane.  So, you can get some even if you can't get on an active map.  I don't remember if the 5 strongboxes give that too or not.  It's slow, but it is a steady method of making progress.  I know, I use to run the dead maps daily so that I could get the crystalline ore to buy a set of Leadership Runes.  And that was before mounts - you can run all three lanes and cross over between them at then end (so you don't have to waypoint) on foot without ever getting into a fight.

I would note that it does get run frequently around reset.  I'm normally off doing other things at that time, so you might check the LFG around that time if you can schedule it.

• Like 3

You get more than enough crystalline ore in short order.  Ive made multiple gen2 legendaries and never took that long to get the ore. There is about 70 noxious pods on the map, and each pod drops 1 ore at minimum, with a chance for 3 or 10 even.

Also, dont forget you can buy machetes for map currencies from the other hot maps.  As well a daily heros choice cache that lets your pick a pact commando crate that have 15 machetes if I remember right.

Edited by LucianDK.8615
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, LucianDK.8615 said:

You get more than enough crystalline ore in short order.  Ive made multiple gen2 legendaries and never took that long to get the ore. There is about 70 noxious pods on the map, and each pod drops 1 ore at minimum, with a chance for 3 or 10 even.

Also, dont forget you can buy machetes for map currencies from the other hot maps.  As well a daily heros choice cache that lets your pick a pact commando crate that have 15 machetes if I remember right.

Don't forget the one machete you can get free daily from the Ley-Energy Matter Converter.

1 minute ago, losingfaith.2035 said:

dont you only get 70+ if the event has been completed? which is almost never but the one time a day other then that i believe someone said 9 in a map that hasn't been completed right?

Yes, the map has to be successfully completed.  And Ive only ever been able to find up to 6 pods on a total fresh map.

Since it's a rather long event chain with a time constraint, you will probably find the map empty if you port there randomly. You will have a much better chance to run into a bunch of people if you plan ahead a little bit and get on the map when it's about to be closed. Once the timer is in progress, populated maps will most likely be full.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, losingfaith.2035 said:

dont you only get 70+ if the event has been completed? which is almost never but the one time a day other then that i believe someone said 9 in a map that hasn't been completed right?

The map gets completed pretty much ever 2 hours when it resets shortly before and during prime time. 2-4 completions per day are no issue if a player has time during prime time for his region.

Use an event timer website to see when the reset happens.

You can get aroubf 70-110 ore depending on how vigilant and meticulous one is in getting every single pod.

As is, it takes around 3 cleared Dragon Stand to acquire the 250 Crystaline Ore. Otherwise just getting in the map and opening the scattered pods can get one there.

• Like 2

From my experience, the meta is completed quite often, maybe you're joining at "weird hours" (at which point almost any other group event will be problematic) or try joining too late. Try showing up ~10 minutes earlier and see how that works for you.

e:  Just checked the map, ~12 minutes to map reset (=start of the meta) and there's already easly more than 20 people on the first waypoint with new ones porting in.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Checking the map 4 hours earlier than yesterday: there are active squads and a lot of people participating in the meta. I think it's safe to say that the map is still consistently active.

Its been my experience that most runs later than the one starting at 00.30 more often that not struggles to perform the roundabout dance around the blighting trees.

I've finished making my HoT legendaries this year (I have all of them except Flames of War because that's just ugly lol).  I've made the other 15, 3 of them in the last six months or so.

I've run the HoT meta on various times, since I live in Australia. I almost never run it near reset or in the US evening.  

There have been a couple of times I've gone where the meta isn't run, usually during certain festivals when they first start, but it's happened.  However, those who are saying it only runs during reset are wrong. 

It's surely not as easy to catch one as when it ran every time, but it definitely runs often enough to do it.   Taking away the requirement to make legendaries will mean it'll be run even less often. It would be a bad decision, I think.