This would be my ideal wvw

Sansar.1302

What if instead of this system we have now we had different maps for different grp size. one map for solo one map for 5 man and another for full sqad ( maby one map for 25 man teams too)

And all other than youre grp where the enemy, i belive this is only way to make fights not mainly a contest off who have most players.

A way to make skill important 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Over the years many games that had one good generic gamemode moved to more "options" because that's what they thought players wanted. 

Turns out that just make everything kitten, depopulate the main mode and cause the game to die. Latest case probably being Battlefield 2042 not knowing wtf it's supposed to be rather than just being a conquest Battlefield game.

Also a solo mode for WvW? You really, really, didnt think this through, did you?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Sansar.1302 said:

What if instead of this system we have now we had different maps for different grp size. one map for solo one map for 5 man and another for full sqad ( maby one map for 25 man teams too)

And all other than youre grp where the enemy, i belive this is only way to make fights not mainly a contest off who have most players.

The maps are the sandbox in this case and impacts how players react to them. I am not sure I understand the issue here. Is it the interaction of the different size groups on a map? That would be my guess based on your idea of differing maps but don't want to assume.

8 hours ago, Sansar.1302 said:

So if I get on the solo map, am I the only player for my team on that map fighting against only 2 other players or are there 50 other solo players allowed on and we're all in one location having 50v50v50 solo fights?

Edited by Chaba.5410

9 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Over the years many games that had one good generic gamemode moved to more "options" because that's what they thought players wanted. 

Turns out that just make everything kitten, depopulate the main mode and cause the game to die. Latest case probably being Battlefield 2042 not knowing wtf it's supposed to be rather than just being a conquest Battlefield game.

Also a solo mode for WvW? You really, really, didnt think this through, did you?

PvE is the main mode in gw2 so that should be no problem.

I actualy think that with this changes guild wars 2 would get a pvp mode that have a chance to get realy popular ( see  fortnite pubg etc ) as it have realy solid fast paced skill based combat, that due to player number issues never get to shine.

The diversity and unpredictability of encounters is one of the things that make WvW entertaining. And often a numerically uneven fight is more fair than if all sides had the same amount of players.

And if you want to, you can already set up even fights. Duels and GvGs in WvW/EotM/Armistic. Then there is the free for all arena in the PvP lobby which is basically what your "solo WvW" would look like, you have 5vs5 conquest (if you don't want to bother with capture points just play unranked and do whatever you want) and 2vs2/3vs3 deathmatch during offseasons.

13 minutes ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

have you heard of a roamer?

You're still on a side with more than a single player and the implication is that it's either no party, 5 man party or 25 party with nothing in between. Have you heard of roaming with a friend or two?

In fact, how would you even make a 5/25 man party if you're not allowed into any other map than the one for no party because you just join WvW? Good luck find any commanders because they can never invite anyone except if they premake the squad in PvE, lol. 

It's an incredibly poorly thought out system. The point was even to keep it perfectly balance (ie 1v1, 5v5, 25v25) which means that the "solo mode" of WvW would have... 3 players in it. 1 per side. Cant have more because that would instantly unbalance it. Technically it should be 2 players map for perfect 1v1 but we got 3 sides so that's the min.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

You're still on a side with more than a single player and the implication is that it's either no party, 5 man party or 25 party with nothing in between. Have you heard of roaming with a friend or two?

In fact, how would you even make a 5/25 man party if you're not allowed into any other map than the one for no party because you just join WvW? Good luck find any commanders because they can never invite anyone except if they premake the squad in PvE, lol. 

It's an incredibly poorly thought out system. The point was even to keep it perfectly balance (ie 1v1, 5v5, 25v25) which means that the "solo mode" of WvW would have... 3 players in it. 1 per side. Cant have more because that would instantly unbalance it. Technically it should be 2 players map for perfect 1v1 but we got 3 sides so that's the min.

uhh... ok lol. gl

1 hour ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

it would not be WvW more as a replacement for it as it would have no teams

so (if map cap is 70+70 +70) then 1v1 map would be about 210  players in a free for all, 5 man map about 40 grps inn a free for all,  and 50v50 map 4 full sqads competing

Edited by Sansar.1302

28 minutes ago, Sansar.1302 said:

it would not be WvW more as a replacement for it as it would have no teams

so (if map cap is 70+70 +70) then 1v1 map would be about 210  players in a free for all, 5 man map about 40 grps inn a free for all,  and 50v50 map 4 full sqads competing

Which….  Is not ‘WvW’. 

That is Fortnite.  

• Like 1