I want to speak with the manager of Mesmer

katte nici.9483

3 hours ago, katte nici.9483 said:

I like roaming in wvw and it doesnt feel fair. Especially on power Mesmer. It's not fun. fix it please.

Condi mirage is pretty okay imo. power mesmer on the other hand, especially chrono, is....useless. Same goes for pve tbh.

Mirage does an okay job, dps, alac in raids/strikes and good in open world. I even see very sometimes an alac mirage in fractals.
I never see any chrono in fractals. (Tho tbh also no ranger, holo, ele or thief. I mean lfg searches hfb, alacren, sometimes a bs and then what joins? dragonhunter, cfb or scourge (sometimes reaper). Heavy classes lead the way in fractals...and scourge.)

Chrono is also not that good in open world. Its actually only useful in raids and strikes.
Anet actually said that chrono is steeply overperforming in "all content" last year in may.
Someone please tell them that: All content =/= Raids&Strikes.

However I agree tho condi Mirage does a pretty good job in roaming imo. Core mesmer and chrono dont.

Edited by SeTect.5918
  • Like 1
  • Confused 6

1 shot power mesmer isn't really a thing. How often does it happen to you? It happens to me once every 2 months maybe. Meanwhile I get one shot by thieves several times a week. Grenade scrappers and other professions can also do it, although that's a bit more more rare than thief. And mesmers?

I can do "one" shots. But it usually goes like this:

10 times out of 20 it hits but does like 7k damage. Now I'm standing there exposed, hoping I still have blink up or at least am not revealed so I can stealth out. If there's more than one enemy they will usually focus me down. Back to spawn.

5 times out of 20 it does like 3k because tanky meta.

4 times out of 20 it misses completely because of a random dodge or the enemy unwittingly walking through me.

1 time out of 20 I actually one shot a careless thief who shall not be named to protect the innocent.

In short playing a one shot mesmer means either you are feeding or you are standing around doing nothing most of the time while waiting for cooldowns. Meanwhile on soulbeast I sick em downstate them like half the time I try. From range with minimal danger to myself.

So no, power mesmer is not fine just because you go one shot once.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I don't even want to one-shot players! 

I want a power based dueling spec. 

And I know Virtuoso is meant to be an answer to that, but ugh – non-reddit feedback isn't being listened to. 

So frustrating. What we have now as a class is not even half of what it used to be, and that's with the inclusion of two elite specs, gutted twice over, and then some. 😩

Edited by Obliviscaris.6937
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, katte nici.9483 said:

1 shot power mesmer isn't really a thing. How often does it happen to you? It happens to me once every 2 months maybe. Meanwhile I get one shot by thieves several times a week. Grenade scrappers and other professions can also do it, although that's a bit more more rare than thief. And mesmers?

Well if you cannot pull it off then is a L2P in your case. Below  there is example as it is possible and I am not playing with a glass build. Do not think I am asking for any nerfs here I'm just showing you the build is a thing, at least in EU and it needs no buffs. I will not comment further about this.

Yes one shot build are present many in different classes, Pewpew glass soulbeast is another (not the build you see in screen thou). Thief is basically a burst and run class so it feels the whole class is a one shot. Mesmer is a bit in the same boat. 

I do agree with @Obliviscaris.6937 thou, one shots generally are not fun. But it is very difficult to change  that in WvW with PvE stats and balance. Maybe WvW is designed to have also one-shot builds. As long as they need some cooldowns (pewpew soulbeast has a 60s cooldown between one-shots for example) so they can not be abused to grief players I think is fine for WvW. 

Edited by anduriell.6280
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

On a side note, power mes is generally more lacking condi cleanse to counter random passive weakness application/cripple/blind (and I insist on the passive application from meta class) than output.

Now the day they gut thoses condi application comming from meta class, we will be fine.

Plus : the nerf on superspeed on core power builds hit really hard while facing guys which base speed outrun you...

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

Well if you cannot pull it off then is a L2P in your case. Below  there is example as it is possible and I am not playing with a glass build. Do not think I am asking for any nerfs here I'm just showing you the build is a thing, at least in EU and it needs no buffs. I will not comment further about this.

Yes one shot build are present many in different classes, Pewpew glass soulbeast is another (not the build you see in screen thou). Thief is basically a burst and run class so it feels the whole class is a one shot. Mesmer is a bit in the same boat. 

I do agree with @Obliviscaris.6937 thou, one shots generally are not fun. But it is very difficult to change  that in WvW with PvE stats and balance. Maybe WvW is designed to have also one-shot builds. As long as they need some cooldowns (pewpew soulbeast has a 60s cooldown between one-shots for example) so they can not be abused to grief players I think is fine for WvW. 

Read the message again, you obviously are ignoring the point he made about 1 dodge and other classes, that is the frequency they are used (relates to how effective they are in practice) He pointed out that 1 shot mes can work, however, its not a very practical build (clones die too fast, you have to consume defense (dodge, and utility to s shot) its a 1 hit wonder that either gets a kill and runs or it dies, unlike other classes like thief which just reset and try again. Yes some times Mesmer can 1 shot ppl even a few ppl that are very experienced at it who some times have a little luck with it. That said, the same person applying the same skills to another class would outperform the mesmer and could kill the mesmer every time.

• Like 2

LoL I love how people who don't main Mesmer just falls under the conclusion mesmer is ok because it can one shot. First off of the 3 Specs core mesmer is the only one that can really "one shot". 

What most people fail to realize is after they have "one shot" they are literally a sitting duck because they have extremely long cooldowns. 

Other things that CAN one shot with lower CD and dont need to chain combos and have FAR better sustain/dmg are for example:

Thief, Engi, and Rangers.

Stop with the one shot grief on mesmers because it requires a lot more setup and button mashing then anyone realize.

Edited by Salt Mode.3780
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

Read the message again, you obviously are ignoring the point he made about 1 dodge and other classes, that is the frequency they are used (relates to how effective they are in practice) He pointed out that 1 shot mes can work, however, its not a very practical build (clones die too fast, you have to consume defense (dodge, and utility to s shot) its a 1 hit wonder that either gets a kill and runs or it dies, unlike other classes like thief which just reset and try again. Yes some times Mesmer can 1 shot ppl even a few ppl that are very experienced at it who some times have a little luck with it. That said, the same person applying the same skills to another class would outperform the mesmer and could kill the mesmer every time.

That applies to every 1 shot build in game with few exceptions. 

For example the pewpew 1 shot soulbeast is an extremely glassy build with the whole skillbar dedicated to that task. No/few cleanses and the elite is in a 60s cooldown. It cannot one shot tanky builds. Which means if the soulbeast misses the burst because the target used a dodge or a random protection it has to wait for another 60s to have it ready. It is a similar case for thief or gunflame warrior.  

I think in those cases if you want to commit to one shot it's ok to have those kind of cooldowns. That should be the trade off for such builds. 

Now stop it, eveybody knows mesmer is ok in this area. The one dodge is the same as the one pet on soulbeast. Anet calls it "the tradeoff" and it came as a reaction after the perma-evade builds flourish on mirage. 

On the other side it would be nice if mesmers would get some love related to wvw team gameplay. The nerfs to portal were too harsh and reduced the role of the mesmer to  just a veil bot. 

Edited by anduriell.6280
  • Confused 3

On 1/3/2022 at 11:18 PM, anduriell.6280 said:

For example the pewpew 1 shot soulbeast is an extremely glassy build with the whole skillbar dedicated to that task. No/few cleanses and the elite is in a 60s cooldown. It cannot one shot tanky builds. Which means if the soulbeast misses the burst because the target used a dodge or a random protection it has to wait for another 60s to have it ready. It is a similar case for thief or gunflame warrior.  

I think in those cases if you want to commit to one shot it's ok to have those kind of cooldowns. That should be the trade off for such builds. 

Now stop it, eveybody knows mesmer is ok in this area. The one dodge is the same as the one pet on soulbeast. Anet calls it "the tradeoff" and it came as a reaction after the perma-evade builds flourish on mirage. 

On the other side it would be nice if mesmers would get some love related to wvw team gameplay. The nerfs to portal were too harsh and reduced the role of the mesmer to  just a veil bot. 

No the difference is the soulbeast has escape options it can integrate into its build that dont interfere with its ability to have a lethal burt and still have a reset ability, same for thief, scrapper, etc. Yes everything has a counter, yada yada. The fact remains one dodge leaves Mirage to use its dodge for EITHER offence (one short) OR for an escape. Before someone responds that it can just swap with energy sigil to get a dodge for escape I would counter with the fact that any class can use that sigil to get an extra dodge its not the class mechanic so no that is not an option within the context.

• Like 2

On 1/4/2022 at 2:18 AM, anduriell.6280 said:

One shot soul beast with longbow gets: More on demand evade/block/etc options including 25% base endurance regen that stacks with vigor, Solid on demand quickness, More on demand stealth in a fight, Practical and effective health regen, AI that is not only sturdy and does reliable damage; but also can avoid being manipulated by the opponent.

Not to mention proper weapon skill placement for ranger since the melee weapon is actually a melee weapon with a good defensive skill and a far more literal one shot, while the ranged weapon is a proper ranged weapon that gives decoy level stealth every 12 seconds on hit..
As opposed to power mes who has to go melee with a ranged weapon be at the proper distance for bounces to connect and if any part of it misses it's not a one shot, and unlike ranger doesn't have the evasion built in to survive. Core mes MAY be able to run away if they have any stealth left, but unlike ranger or thief their survivability resources are not a guarantee. The ONLY thing mesmer and mirage have superior is interrupts, and that it can port... which usually the port is used to engage as part of the burst.

Both dedicate the skillbar to do the task, both lack in cleanse, but while mesmer NEEDS Dueling and Dom to kill, ranger just needs wilderness survival to live on any build, and can take anything else and still oneshot.

Also you don't need elite to kill half the roster's meta builds. I've only really struggled to oneshot vs the more tanky ones with SB... And still win on attrition EVEN IF they evade my hunter's shot.

This isn't equal or in anyway an analogous "draw back". One dodge at the rate mesmer evades after all the prior nerfs to reduce it's evasion (that ALREADY put it squarely less than ranger) is not equivalent to losing one pet on SB.

Mesmer as a class is a bad poorly designed class in PvP settings, the nature of the class has it's drawbacks fundamentally built in; it doesn't need more.

Edited by Daishi.6027
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Complaining about 1 shot Mesmer is ridiculous - this build has literally nothing in the defence/cleanse department.  You get F4 if you don’t go chrono but good players now how to play around it. Playing it is a constant worry about staying alive especially because you cannot rely on stealth too much - the chaos variant with single F1 and no other illusion line perks is just not enough to compete. So you play either illusions or chrono which are as glassy as one can be.

No other commonly used power build is vulnerable like that, even FA weaver which is considered a full glass has more defences. 

Edited by Mik.3401
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1