Squad people are displayed as outside squad on map

And some people are even reporting not seeing them on map.

I don't know if this is related but when hovering on squad people I see some of them as located in other WvW maps (not the names that are amongst the 3 generated one I am with), even if they are on the same map instance as I am.

Edited by Colin.4568
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

There is an exploit some guilds are doing to hop to the "enemies" server/ team so basically they can switch worlds from one day to the next. This might also be related to the reque problem some players are having. If they get instaqued because the server is not accounting for these players using the exploit??

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Haha 1

On 1/15/2022 at 2:30 AM, Josh Davis.7865 said:

Weird. Mind sharing a screenshot of the issue if you see it again?

I don't have a screenshot, but did encounter this issue when we were playing yesterday. My daughter and I were in a party, duo-roaming wvw. We usually are on different servers (her account is on Elona Reach, while mine is on Drakkar Lake), but choose the same guild for beta, so ended up on the same team (Silent Woods EU).

Issues we noticed:

• guild menu showed two different desert borderland names as our locations while we were standing next to each other on the red map
  • we didn't see each other as blue (party) dots on the minimap, just as regular green ones, despite being in party (and having proper blue nameplates)
  • Haha 1

• 7 months later...

Bad habit, but I will quote myself for a second time, from THIS thread - it is probably connected to the same thing as showing up as being on differently named maps while standing next to each other. You will probably find that people on the same server as you usually will show up in blue as they normally would, while everyone not on your usual server will show up as green. The only visual difference between the green (out of squad) and green (in same squad) right now is that if you open the actual big map, you will find you can see green dots all over the place, in all corners, if any of your squad happens to be there. So it works, you can see where your squad members are, it just currently is hard to separate from the usual green dots around you as they are visually exactly the same on the minimap.

35 minutes ago, One more for the road.8950 said:

This is what they do indeed, yes, afaik, it makies sense from a testing perspective. To quote myself a bit:

21 hours ago, One more for the road.8950 said:

I mean,  just that teams/worlds are borrowing the identifications of existing servers and therefore you can be on the same map and still be seen as being on different ones in guild/friends list seems to not be quite understood - but I am sure people would be even less happy if the beta showed the right name on the border people were on just to find themselves assigned to another server than they were last week when beta is over.

Let's say you are on a server in T3, server x, and server y and z are your opponents. The guy next to you, standing on the same map, is in T2, on server 1, and server 2 and 3 are their opponents.
Let's say it's blue Alpine Border. On the list you will show with the name that currently borrows server y, z or x's identification of what *would* have been BBL in your match up - T3. At the same time, the person next to you shows up as being on the server borrowing what would have been the BBL's identification in their match up -1, 2 or 3's identification in T2.

If you hover over the icons of the people in a squad on your team/world in a MU, you will find that they all have their actual server names listed, they are not all listed as "moogaloo"  or "Griffonfall" or "Reaper's Corridor" like your enemies. But you are all standing together in a map as being in the same world/team/server.

Sorry about the Quoteception there.

Edited by One more for the road.8950

it is because its not people beeing on one server. the beta shows people in squad always as green dots on the minimap, so looks like pugs.

i lead a squad today of 20~ and it was impossible for me even to see on minimap where they are ^^

besides, i think this isn't new, was the same in the last betas. (u can see also on which server the people normally are, by hovering over their names if u have them in a squad or party)

Edited by kamikharzeeh.8016

On 1/15/2022 at 2:30 AM, Josh Davis.7865 said:

Weird. Mind sharing a screenshot of the issue if you see it again?

dear josh,

I tried in many ways and so I take advantage of it and try again. needless to say, here we are all true fans of wvw and loyal to gw2 and arenanet. It is really nice to see you working on this great project of alliance. the concern of many players from which my question comes is whether you have considered and thought about how to contextualize the development of alliances in the world vs world. 

if you have considered when the team mechanics generated factions, motivations and content wide-ranging and in a truly inclusive way for everyone, large guilds, small groups of friends and even solitary players. all committed to their respective team.

is there already a bigger design you are working on? is it a problem that you have also noticed? isn't that a problem for you? is it something you haven't thought of yet? too early to tell?

your opinion and some more information would be really welcome. Thank you.

Edited by Mabi black.1824

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

47 minutes ago, Colin.4568 said:

Issue still exists, still no communication on this cornerstone game mode bug acknowledgement. Bringing this up so that new WvW players know that it's a bug, without any communication on known issues, let's do it the old way.

Reminder that it's not necessarily a bug but possibly something they can't do anything with as long as the beta worlds in world restructuring isn't actually our home servers. Quick fix would be to transfer everyone to whatever server your current team is borrowing the identification of, but I am sure you wouldn't be too thrilled to find yourself on the wrong server come Friday when beta is over.

1 hour ago, One more for the road.8950 said:

Reminder that it's not necessarily a bug but possibly something they can't do anything with as long as the beta worlds in world restructuring isn't actually our home servers. Quick fix would be to transfer everyone to whatever server your current team is borrowing the identification of, but I am sure you wouldn't be too thrilled to find yourself on the wrong server come Friday when beta is over.

I understand and share your root cause analysis, even if we don't have the technical information. However from a user perspective, this is a regression (a feature that exists in the non-beta mode, and not working anymore in beta mode). Maybe they are aware of it, maybe not, who knows if they actually read what is reported during betas as we don't get feedback, not even "what we learned during last beta" blog posts.

As long as they don't go live with this it's all good (but given that they did go live with DX11 discarding the reported crashes that are still affecting players, I doubt QA or whatever team is responsible for user-reported issues is actually browsing the forum)