Delete Necro, Guard, and Ele

Crab Fear.1624

They are are very hard to kill because they use their defenses yo survive that they need to survive and I don't know how to adapt to play against them.

They are super prevalent, 3 of each per game, sometimes everyone is on or the other. 

It has to be OP because they make up 80% or more of every game.

Shroud, too often 

Aegis and protection out the wazoo.

Barrier and evades for weeks.

Too Many O P.

Delete them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Topic aside, I don't see that many eles tbh; though I'm in g3/p1. Maybe all the eles are above that for some reason.

wvw has a lot of them but that is because of cele.

Because Ele is hard to play. They can wreck or be nearly immovable in the right hands though.

Personally don't see the problem with it. Classes that take effort to master should yield a high return of value when played right.

Edited by Ashgar.3024
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Ashgar.3024 said:

Because Ele is hard to play. They can wreck or be nearly immovable in the right hands though.

Personally don't see the problem with it. Classes that take effort to master should yield a high return of value when played right.

Ele hard to play?

As a s3 g1 player I reacher plat1 yesterday soloQ on fireweaver and doing sidenode role.

It used to be hard to play, now it's pretty forgiving with lot of carry potential.

Not as broken like necro or guard which are completely ape builds, but it's there among the ones that doesn't require you to be that good.

Herald right now is the only high skill cap build of all ranked with all the nerfs to the heal, mobility energy management is no more noob friendly and an easy pick.

But yeah who cares, it's a game and there will be always strong and meta builds if one gets nerfed, others even worse appear.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

57 minutes ago, grx.8714 said:

Not as broken like necro or guard which are completely ape builds, but it's there among the ones that doesn't require you to be that good.

Herald right now is the only high skill cap build of all ranked with all the nerfs to the heal, mobility energy management is no more noob friendly and an easy pick.

It's just another version of Necro and Guardian to play with them in the same game. Mobility spamming after the torment nerf, easy access to 25 stacks of vulnerability in one combo, possibility to do 6 dodges in a single pass.
Guys, be more realistic when evaluating meta builds, don't rate them individually - it's a small micro game, with a limited eco system in between.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, grx.8714 said:

Ele hard to play?

As a s3 g1 player I reacher plat1 yesterday soloQ on fireweaver and doing sidenode role.

It used to be hard to play, now it's pretty forgiving with lot of carry potential.

But yeah who cares, it's a game and there will be always strong and meta builds if one gets nerfed, others even worse appear.

Deleting a class because you hate it is not something that would go well. ele lovers like myself and necro lovers like i also really like necro and guardian lovers would be angry and quit the game and the game would die. This is actually a pretty bad idea and i hope for Anet's sake they don't listen to this.

This sounds like salt towards eles because they can heal and move. Usually people just want X class to stand still and be a punching bag to get free ez bags or wins in SPVP because they hate that x fight can fight back. I honestly didn't expect a anger towards ele.

As for guardians: more scrapper rune complaints?

Edited by Axl.8924
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, grx.8714 said:

Ele hard to play?

You play ranked pvp vs bots and the likes...actual pvp looks like this:

Anybody can reach plat1 these days....I could play zerker war and reach plat1, the actual pvp above picture a different scenario though  : one where the actual dominant professions are shown 

As you can see ....eles are rare indeed where it counts

Edited by Arheundel.6451
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

You play ranked pvp vs bots and the likes...actual pvp looks like this:

Anybody can reach plat1 these days....I could play zerker war and reach plat1, the actual pvp above picture a different scenario though  : one where the actual dominant professions are shown 

As you can see ....eles are rare indeed where it counts

Nah, they ain't rare anymore.

See them as often if not more than other classes, and thet are the undisputed side noder with 0 lb for lb contenders.

Yesterday is over, and you got any rank any day just as easily, don't try to downplay the man's achievement.

I'd faster laugh at the boonbeast and weaver plats of the past then now.

Now you got to carry afks, rangers, fight 4 necros, uneven matches, DC exploits.....

If anything getting into plat and top 250 solo is the sign of a far better player than those of old.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

Nah, they ain't rare anymore.

See them as often if not more than other classes, and thet are the undisputed side noder with 0 lb for lb contenders.

Yesterday is over, and you got any rank any day just as easily, don't try to downplay the man's achievement.

I'd faster laugh at the boonbeast and weaver plats of the past then now.

Now you got to carry afks, rangers, fight 4 necros, uneven matches, DC exploits.....

If anything getting into plat and top 250 solo is the sign of a far better player than those of old.

The video is evidence enough that "OP" ranked specs lose any value vs players who actually know the difference between fire and water element and have an understanding of how each class play. In ranked by contrast right now, you can have plat players who barely know how to rotate...let alone have knowledge of all professions and I say this because at the difference of before the MMR got actually changed, there is plenty of evidence, from the devs themselves who made a lengthy blog post years ago, explaining how the initial MMR was....too punishing, so you have it wrong....is much easier to reach plat now than before ..especially because the population is like 1/3 of the previous one.

The video is but a small glance of what players go through at the top, from pvp to wvw......there are no stacks of eles, rangers or thieves at that level, you only find stacks of revs and engis and necros...supported by a guardian/firebrand.

People can believe what they want..but the numbers don't lie

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

The video is evidence enough that "OP" ranked specs lose any value vs players who actually know the difference between fire and water element and have an understanding of how each class play. In ranked by contrast right now, you can have plat players who barely know how to rotate...let alone have knowledge of all professions and I say this because at the difference of before the MMR got actually changed, there is plenty of evidence, from the devs themselves who made a lengthy blog post years ago, explaining how the initial MMR was....too punishing, so you have it wrong....is much easier to reach plat now than before ..especially because the population is like 1/3 of the previous one.

The video is but a small glance of what players go through at the top, from pvp to wvw......there are no stacks of eles, rangers or thieves at that level, you only find stacks of revs and engis and necros...supported by a guardian/firebrand.

People can believe what they want..but the numbers don't lie

If only 2 people are in legend in NA and the rest are in 1600s and below, how is plat easier to reach now when people in gold 3 are in top 250.

Like I said, don't try to downplay the man's accolades.

With a scale like that, platinum is actually...good.

The same player 2-4 years ago would be a legend contender possibly, at worst plat 2/3...lb for lb

Edited by Crab Fear.1624
  • Thanks 1