Will there be a way to finish EoD without doing jade bots mastery

On 2/2/2022 at 2:37 AM, LucianDK.8615 said:

Honestly dont know why people is upset about jade technology in the game.

Simple to make best use of it you have to get down, i don't want to get down and if i do i want to be punished for my mistakes

7 hours ago, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

Looking forward to see  Anet add a boss that down the entire party on purpose so that you have to use the jade mastery and the OP will be the only one down because he refuses to use the jade bot. 

oh if jade can do it druid can do it too and it actually require skills on druid side. But no worries with more dps you'll skip the mech anyway 😉

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 12

18 hours ago, SeTect.5918 said:

When will the complaints end? I mean okay, normal stuff like: "i am a bit unsure about this", fine but to OP: This thing wont be a free instant revive without cooldown. 

1. Maybe very high cooldown 

2. Maybe doesnt fully revive u and just a percentage

3. Maybe cant even self rezz and its only to revive others.

4. Maybe a debuff after the revive

5. I dont think anet would ever introduce a thing that self revives u that easily without any consequences. It would also make all stat combinations useless except full dps. Think about it. 

If it is as you think (insta self reviving Tool without cooldown and consequences), it would make runes useless (there is a rune that helps rezzing others), it would make stat combinations useless (bc u dont need a healer or Tank build bc u can insta rev urself), it would make skills useless (stuff like function gyro) and traits useless (revive traits) and tons of other stuff. 

Stop overreacting please and think about it. 

It wont be a perma avaible self rezzing thing. Gosh...

How can you think that this will make everything easy as f...

I don't know maybe its due to the fact that last 2 year of developpement were aimed at reducing encouter level to the playerbase with lowest skill which and didn't end up not that popular
If making easier content doesn't help to get player in raid then you can always release a mastery that help them by, let me think, revive them here and there... don't get me wrong i don't mind if it get more people in, i just don't want to have it active on myself even if once every minute. If i get down i want to actually be down, well I'd prefer no downstate but it isn't the topic anyway

On 2/2/2022 at 2:48 AM, LucianDK.8615 said:

But the OP reminds me of the qq against mounts in the beginning, and Anet quite succeeded in making them worthwhile.  So its far too early to claim the sky is falling down because the op dont like magitech with their fantasy headcanon.

How do you make an auto-res worthwile on player that play decently??? You can't make more punishing mechs else it wouldn't help the players that struggle right now so for them its just an incitation/imposed way to worsen their gameplay as they will just skip more mechs than they already do

Edited by Fangoth.4503
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7

33 minutes ago, LucianDK.8615 said:

Doesnt make sense why one would not want it

So, are you aware of what iron man runs are in games? Typically they're a sort of self-imposed challenge mode where you attempt to navigate through a game without dying and by using only the most basic tools available to you. This is something people often do to get further enjoyment out of content they've already played through and mastered in the usual way. In games like GW2, the rules generally start with 'no dying or you have to start over', but can also branch out to include things like 'basic gear only' 'no mounts' 'no waypoints' and other limits. This is possible with the current systems in place; it's not really my thing, but some people are into it.

Putting aside things like iron man runs altogether, imagine you're trying to do a jumping puzzle and one of your masteries keeps randomly assigning speed buffs to you, throwing off your jumps and removing movement control from you. Would you prefer the mastery kept doing this or would you prefer to have control over when those buffs are activated? Now imagine a mastery that automatically revives you when downed - what happens when you want to die and waypoint, but the mastery keeps you alive and in combat?

Again, the OP is asking if the bot mastery is going to be automatically imposed on people (which we don't know the answer to yet; my guess is we'll be able to get it and then ignore it), thereby removing some player control with automatic revives, buffs, or other gameplay enhancements that might interfere with how they like to play currently. Given that the special action key has an issue with this (multiple things are assigned to that key and some of them activate automatically, meaning you don't always have control of your own special action skills as they can be overridden), I'd say it's a valid thing to ask about.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7

2 hours ago, LucianDK.8615 said:

Doesnt make sense why one would not want it

Because I find funnier to side step red circle and go in green one instead of waiting for the bot to res me 😉 and if the point is to stay still and wait to get res by the mastery i can do the same at the golem without having the annoying part of getting down

1 hour ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

what happens when you want to die and waypoint, but the mastery keeps you alive and in combat?

oh boy i'd love to have /gg in dungeon and openworld 🤣

Edited by Fangoth.4503
  • Like 2
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

On 2/1/2022 at 4:52 PM, Fangoth.4503 said:

Jade bot mastery look very bad as there is a revive thingy that remove most interest at playing around encounter mechanics whether its openworld, strikes, fract, raid, wvw, pvp, fungeon as you're just having a portable healscourge...

WOW. The whole existence of this mechanic is killing your fun in strikes, raids, WVW and PVP as well? Are you aware that this content it will be handled like the Spectral Aid and will be turned off?

You can't enjoy something, because there is a thing that isn't there and you do not want it to be there and therefore it isn't fun for you, because it isn't there like you want it not to be there...

Edited by BadHealer.3608
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, BadHealer.3608 said:

WOW. The whole existence of this mechanic is killing your fun in strikes, raids, WVW and PVP as well? Are you aware that this content it will be handled like the Spectral Aid and will be turned off?

source? and what about openworld? its killing the fun there too

Edited by Fangoth.4503
  • Like 2
  • Confused 8

1 hour ago, Fangoth.4503 said:

source? and what about openworld? its killing the fun there too

Source for what? For how the previous masteries work? Check ingame. WvW has its own, separate masteries.

Kills the fun in OW how? 

If you want to be absolutely certain about any of it without believing anything anyone says based on the same information you have available, you'll have to wait for the release and see for yourself. Really no way around that.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Kills the fun in OW how? 

same reasons as for the rest, when you for example solo bounty or do other stuff and get punish you would have a robot that res you instead of dying and try again but better

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Source for what? For how the previous masteries work? Check ingame. WvW has its own, separate masteries.

he claim it's that way so he should have some more informations from somewhere, else it would have gone by "most likely will be" or soth alike

5 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

If you want to be absolutely certain about any of it without believing anything anyone says based on the same information you have available, you'll have to wait for the release and see for yourself. Really no way around that.

well if something is claim as certain then you have something to back it up, you'll not that i haven't ask sources for others made speculations based on what was done before, only for him as he claim he knows for sure.
yeah i'll probably have to wait, maybe on mastery preview day or worse during march when people reach endgame and can tell me if it can be avoided

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9

35 minutes ago, Fangoth.4503 said:

same reasons as for the rest, when you for example solo bounty or do other stuff and get punish you would have a robot that res you instead of dying and try again but better

So, since you decided that it shouldn't be a thing because it destroys your self-made challenges (because that's what it is about, right?), then:

a) don't get the mastery -obviously, if it doesn't block anything. And as already said above, to see whether or not it blocks anything, you'll need to play the expansion. There's pretty much no reason for you to require having that knowledge earlier.

b) if it's required to activate it by yourself, for example as one of the downed skills... just don't activate it.

c) if it's a passive, get downed again to continue according to your self-made rules. There's no way the potential auto-self-pick-up ability won't have its own cd.

well if something is claim as certain then you have something to back it up, you'll not that i haven't ask sources for others made speculations based on what was done before, only for him as he claim he knows for sure.
yeah i'll probably have to wait, maybe on mastery preview day or worse during march when people reach endgame and can tell me if it can be avoided

Nobody has any more information than what was publicly released. And if anyone has, they can't share it anyways. At worst, you'll see it on release, that information doesn't impact anything before the release anyways.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

24 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

c) if it's a passive, get downed again to continue according to your self-made rules. There's no way the potential auto-self-pick-up ability won't have its own cd.

i mean if its a passive that can't be avoided by any means i'll just pass on the expac, it's already crazy long to die when you down as there is no gg so yeah i'm not going to wait 15min just to die to retry soth lol

27 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Nobody has any more information than what was publicly released. And if anyone has, they can't share it anyways. At worst, you'll see it on release, that information doesn't impact anything before the release anyways.

yeah and i'll still need this post to know, i'm not going to buy the expact to see and, if its unavoidable, be stuck whith a mastery i don't enjoy

33 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Nobody has any more information than what was publicly released.

i mean i can miss informations and he seem pretty sure of his response so he probably saw it from somewhere, i'll just have to wait and see where from ☺️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7

10 hours ago, Fangoth.4503 said:

i mean if its a passive that can't be avoided by any means i'll just pass on the expac, it's already crazy long to die when you down as there is no gg so yeah i'm not going to wait 15min just to die to retry soth lol

yeah and i'll still need this post to know, i'm not going to buy the expact to see and, if its unavoidable, be stuck whith a mastery i don't enjoy

i mean i can miss informations and he seem pretty sure of his response so he probably saw it from somewhere, i'll just have to wait and see where from ☺️

You know you can just run away to reset it and retry right?

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Fangoth.4503 said:

it may or may not be a solution, if this mastery is mendatory to progress then you just remove the few content that will be released this expac at the same time

We don’t even know for sure yet how this mastery will work and people already complain…oh boy 

• Like 7
  • Confused 3

It makes no sense to me that the jade bot will revive you without you using some sort of skill when you’re downed. Like the other downed skill you get from masteries. 

All you can do is wait and see how it will work. It’s not like anet will answer this question. And players will only speculate and assume at this point. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 2/7/2022 at 10:18 PM, Freya.9075 said:

It makes no sense to me that the jade bot will revive you without you using some sort of skill when you’re downed. Like the other downed skill you get from masteries. 

Same, I just decided to cover all the bases, because either way, this is not really anything that will meaningfully interfere with OP's self-made challenges/rules. 😉 

It's kind of interesting what can possibly be so confusing about this post 🤔 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 5

On 2/1/2022 at 10:56 AM, Telgum.6071 said:

People will complain on anything. GW2 community ingame is very cool, but at sites like reddit or forums is a kittening joke.

On the flipside people will praise anything in the Gw2 community.  Look at the WvW board. They get nothing but alliances, which is just a new way to do server links by Guilds instead of worlds. Likely no new WvW content for the next 4 years until Expansion 4 if at all, yet so many people praising Anet for alliances. 

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 6

1 hour ago, Knighthonor.4061 said:

On the flipside people will praise anything in the Gw2 community.  Look at the WvW board. They get nothing but alliances, which is just a new way to do server links by Guilds instead of worlds. Likely no new WvW content for the next 4 years until Expansion 4 if at all, yet so many people praising Anet for alliances. 

Bruh, in the WvW subforum you see everything but praise for Alliances, and specially everything but praise for Anet.

Edited by Telgum.6071
  • Thanks 1

I've been playing video games since the mid-80s, and I've spruced up lots of games by adding personal rules on top of what the game provided. The one constant in all of this "playing by personal rules" however was always that the baseline is set by the game itself. If for example a new expansion in any of the Sims iterations added any feature that didn't work with my self-made rules (and that happened a lot), then I'd have to adapt my rules to work around that and get back to the level of challenge I was trying to achieve with my rules.

One thing I never considered was complaining to the developer to get them to change the features and rules they set out for the game. Games aren't (usually, unless I develop them myself) made to fit my personal specifications and the challenges I want to set myself, but rather games evolve in ways the developer thinks are healthy for the game and its players in general.

If you want to enhance your gaming experience by setting additional rules for yourself, that's great. The first challenge however should be to adapt your rules to changes in the game. The game, and especially its major progression features like masteries, is the baseline, and that baseline will change with major updates. If you want to keep playing, you will find ways to adapt your personal rules to any changes that present themselves. Expecting a live-service game to offer ways for players to opt-out of any feature that inconveniences them and their self-made rules is imo unrealistic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2