Post Your EoD Builds

Downstate.4697

These are some builds with good potential based on my beta testing. I put brief explanations as to why I think they could perform well. Feel free to share your own

Stealth support spectre

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PawAsqVlFwEZgsQWLOUPnxUA-z5YXGZmAVXAqPA

The way spectre works with allies in stealth is interesting. As long as you dont use a stealth attack, you retain stealth while healing. You sit it stealth while spamming 3 and 2 on your ally. You only leave stealth to go into shadow shroud and use siphon to reduce the cd by 50%. This will trigger improvision frequently for more stealth. You can stealth allies for extra barrier as well. Good single target support but poor team support. 

Duelist catalyst

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAgilpyaZjMX2LOUXbRNA-zZxsMiMBysAMeA

Stupid stability and condi cleanse with earth shield and fortified earth to be extra hard to pin down

You can use earth shield 3+4 in fire attunement to proc 18 stacks of might. Once you pull enemies in you swap out of fire for a guarenteed flame expulsion hit. This combo works on a fire/air LR catalyst for good burst damage and it works on any weapon combination.

Grief your Enemies Harbinger

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSwAoiZlVw+YesVWLWsWqRbA-zZRsMysA6NB0YA

Not fully tested but you get berserker stats with 1500 condi damage. You get too much access to weakness with decent condi clear options. Could make a good team fighter or duelist possibly.

Signet duelist virtuoso

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiABgqxzlVwUYJMLmLm0XpxKA-zZILBHHA

This isnt fully tested but it has a ton of synergy.  Psychic riposte + signet of the ether means you heal anytime you block or dodge an attack. You also heal anytime you use a bladesong. You also get aegis when using a bladesong. It has a good amount of daze access which will help you land your ult.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I dont really get why people are posting laughing and confused emojis instead of actually posting feedback. Especially when they didnt try the builds nor can they. If you guys have better builds then post them. If not move along. I went into this post excited to share what I found and give people that same opportunity. Now i regret it since people would rather be anonomys kitten hats then put themselves out there. Thank you to the person who shared there build. Everyone else kindly kitten off and go back to metabattle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Don't be upset. At least you are giving it a go to come up with builds, nothing wrong with that. I think maybe people are emoting like that because the new elites are so undertuned compared to the previous elites. The catalyst duelist build for example, why would you play that when fire weaver exists? The harbinger build may as well be called grief your team for not playing core or reaper.

Based on my own testing I am not sure if any builds from the new specs are going to be any good without buffs we havent seen yet. I didn't think untamed was half as bad as some people thought, but then again soulbeast and core exist. Vindicator hit me for 13k with one of its skills, but then herald and renegade also exist. Build craft is hard for the new specs when the older specs power levels are higher.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ovenglove.9528 said:

Don't be upset. At least you are giving it a go to come up with builds, nothing wrong with that. I think maybe people are emoting like that because the new elites are so undertuned compared to the previous elites. The catalyst duelist build for example, why would you play that when fire weaver exists? The harbinger build may as well be called grief your team for not playing core or reaper.

Based on my own testing I am not sure if any builds from the new specs are going to be any good without buffs we havent seen yet. I didn't think untamed was half as bad as some people thought, but then again soulbeast and core exist. Vindicator hit me for 13k with one of its skills, but then herald and renegade also exist. Build craft is hard for the new specs when the older specs power levels are higher.

There is no reason to play catalyst over weaver. I enjoy it more since i am a fan of core ele playstyle. The specs are undertuned for sure but thats not the point of this post.

• Confused 2

52 minutes ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

I dont really get why people are posting laughing and confused emojis instead of actually posting feedback. Especially when they didnt try the builds nor can they. If you guys have better builds then post them. If not move along. I went into this post excited to share what I found and give people that same opportunity. Now i regret it since people would rather be anonomys kitten hats then put themselves out there. Thank you to the person who shared there build. Everyone else kindly kitten off and go back to metabattle.

They are the same people who will whine that the game is too toxic while  behaving the same on the forum.... 

2 hours ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

You actually chose the Virtuoso elite ability.  That in of itself deserves an lol and confused emojicon

Aside for the Spectre having a chance of going meta, I think that none of the other 8 specs can compete vs current meta builds for a spot in the automated monthy tournaments.

Of course someone will find some not predicted interaction or maybe a glitch and getting the opportunity to shine a bit (maybe) but the difference from the PoF specs and the EoD in terms of performance at the release is really huge. I mostly play heavies and don't see any of them having anything special in the new specs for PvP. I guess people will try them for a while just to ditch them after an excessive amount of defeats and turning then to what really works.

• Like 2

I'm hoping to run something like this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PawAsqVlhyYZbsUWLeuWnxWA-z5YXGZmAVXA+OA

Still a bit torn about the master tier traits and utilities, as the wells are really just alacrity generators. Maybe the boon one will be useful, but eh. I could see a nice rez build popping up (and getting quickly nerfed). 

I'm also entertaining the idea of running signet of malice, as I get stealth on heal and that's a 15 sec cooldown...Not a long stealth duration, but it would let me fire off the stealth healing attack more often, and that looks like a very strong heal. if Panaku's ambition also applies to the user, that'd be pretty cool and would make malice signet more usable xD I think the well heal or stealth heal will be obviously better, but it's a cool thought. Hide in Shadows is just ridiculously strong, with the cleanse, boon, stealth duration, and would synergize better with shadow's rejuv. 

22 minutes ago, Curennos.9307 said:

I'm hoping to run something like this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PawAsqVlhyYZbsUWLeuWnxWA-z5YXGZmAVXA+OA

Still a bit torn about the master tier traits and utilities, as the wells are really just alacrity generators. Maybe the boon one will be useful, but eh. I could see a nice rez build popping up (and getting quickly nerfed). 

I'm also entertaining the idea of running signet of malice, as I get stealth on heal and that's a 15 sec cooldown...Not a long stealth duration, but it would let me fire off the stealth healing attack more often, and that looks like a very strong heal. if Panaku's ambition also applies to the user, that'd be pretty cool and would make malice signet more usable xD I think the well heal or stealth heal will be obviously better, but it's a cool thought. Hide in Shadows is just ridiculously strong, with the cleanse, boon, stealth duration, and would synergize better with shadow's rejuv. 

The reason im not running wells is i dont want to chase my allies as they run away and the wells arent amazing utility. I think its better suited to wvw. The only reason im saying my build is good is because of the gimiick of being able to heal while staying in stealth. Its the perfect build to babysit the big damage team fighters.

53 minutes ago, Buran.3796 said:

Aside for the Spectre having a chance of going meta, I think that none of the other 8 specs can compete vs current meta builds for a spot in the automated monthy tournaments.

Of course someone will find some not predicted interaction or maybe a glitch and getting the opportunity to shine a bit (maybe) but the difference from the PoF specs and the EoD in terms of performance at the release is really huge. I mostly play heavies and don't see any of them having anything special in the new specs for PvP. I guess people will try them for a while just to ditch them after an excessive amount of defeats and turning then to what really works.

Vindicator has meta potential as well. Bladesworn could maybe run a support with some buffs. Willbender needs a lot to be considered a roamer.

34 minutes ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

Vindicator has meta potential as well. Bladesworn could maybe run a support with some buffs. Willbender needs a lot to be considered a roamer.

I think that the Vindicator with a single non stackable dodge which doubles the cost of endurance of any other character just won't work.

The best working Revenant builds are the power Herald and the power Renegade; both fill the +1 role while having a lot of mobility, good sustain and the ability to either land heavy burst at mele or a lesser burst at range, both with good pressure and ability to stick to targets fairly well.

The Vindicator has a single evade, and a huge increase in it cost; needs energy sigils and needs Retribution's Unwavering Avoidance + Vindicator's Song of Arboreum just to try to gain vigor, and those choices not only  cripple your damage but also are hardcountered by weakness. The Vindicator can't pressure targets at range with constant volleys as the Renegade, and Eternity's Requiem is the wet dream of any Herald: a slow casted heavy hitting attack to refill their HP with Infuse Light. The mobility is also bad: they lack Rising Momentum from Glint and if you chose Invocation with Rapid Flow then you need to either sacrifice Devastation (where the damage AND part of the sustain from Revs rely) to get the Retribution for tankiness and vigor or sacrifice Retribution to get Devastation. Power Herald has damage + mobility + sustain + tankiness, and so does Renegade (worse burst but better cc and ranged pressure). The Vindicator has damage and some sustain, but lacks mobility and after your single dodge you're a sitting duck. You have no swiftness in the Vindicator traits, neither in The Alliance, nor a 25% increased movement speed. And let's be real: for PvP Shiro + Jalis works better than any Alliance iteration. So, at the end, the Vindicator is a core Rev with a greatsword and a single dodge which costs 100 endurance. Good luck with that at PvP.

The Bladesworn is a tankier Warrior which overall is worse than the Spellbreaker (which anyway isn't in the best spot at PvP at the moment), and the Willbender is just garbage: below Firebrand, which is bottom tier spec in PvP at the moment. Is only good at going fast towards his death.

So those are my impressions; I'll gladly talk about the reasons you see to find out "potential" in those specs, with no emotes, just reasoning about the traits and the roles they could provide. None of them (except the Spectre) seem promising for PvP to me.

Edited by Buran.3796
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

The reason im not running wells is i dont want to chase my allies as they run away and the wells arent amazing utility. I think its better suited to wvw. The only reason im saying my build is good is because of the gimiick of being able to heal while staying in stealth. Its the perfect build to babysit the big damage team fighters.

I'm really hoping the wells get a slight buff, because imo at the moment they're too weak. Really got my fingers crossed here xxD

The teleport is quite nice though, which is part of why I'm taking them - they can serve as just a simple teleport, an ally support thing, damage, important boons (alacrity), or as a rez-assist. So while they're not amazing utilities on their own, they can be used for a lot of different things, and can stack up. At least, I coulda sworn there was a rez assist in there somewhere...looking at the traits I don't see it, but I know I saw someone rezzing allies super fast in a youtube vid. 

I may end up swapping one for smokescreen if I'm going to take the siphon-on-blind GM trait, too, but I really want the alacrity thing to work.

Also, one difference in my setup is the rune - I don't think the altruism 6 piece bonus is all that great. It's basically the exact same stats as monk, but monk offers 10% healing + potential for 10% more, and Endless Night has 7 applications of Regen which will make upkeep quite easy, I think. Is there a particular reason you took altruism armor runes?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmAYEGA

Literally any vindicator build that uses this trait. 3k healing and 3k barrier for you and 5 allies per dodge.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiABsqx/lFwuYKsEGKWOXvxSA-zZx8QiUBkpIoXpgjHA

In the beta I had the most fun with condi shatter virtuoso

Edited by Paradoxoglanis.1904
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmAYEGA

Literally any vindicator build that uses this trait. 3k healing and 3k barrier for you and 5 allies per dodge.

That was in the second beta, when the dodge cost of Saint of zu Heltzer was 50 endurance units and provided that values.

Then in the 4th beta the cost of the dodge was raised to 100 and the healing and barrier decreased in values. So good luck surviving once you wasted your only dodge until the next one arrives. You have a mele build which dosen't have shroud like a Necro, Infuse Light like a Herald, mobility like a Thief o stealth like a trapper build.

1 hour ago, Curennos.9307 said:

I'm really hoping the wells get a slight buff, because imo at the moment they're too weak. Really got my fingers crossed here xxD

The teleport is quite nice though, which is part of why I'm taking them - they can serve as just a simple teleport, an ally support thing, damage, important boons (alacrity), or as a rez-assist. So while they're not amazing utilities on their own, they can be used for a lot of different things, and can stack up. At least, I coulda sworn there was a rez assist in there somewhere...looking at the traits I don't see it, but I know I saw someone rezzing allies super fast in a youtube vid. 

I may end up swapping one for smokescreen if I'm going to take the siphon-on-blind GM trait, too, but I really want the alacrity thing to work.

Also, one difference in my setup is the rune - I don't think the altruism 6 piece bonus is all that great. It's basically the exact same stats as monk, but monk offers 10% healing + potential for 10% more, and Endless Night has 7 applications of Regen which will make upkeep quite easy, I think. Is there a particular reason you took altruism armor runes?

Because no other healing rune seemed useful and i wanted to maximize healing power

No Bladesworn builds here I notice. Been some time, but let me help you out:

CMC Approved Bladesworn build

Bunker build, 0 damage pacifist-friendly build, Good Sustain, Good CC lockdown on squishy threats to world peace

Unyielding Dragon has no ICD so going into Dragon Trigger with Might Makes Right means rapid healing and endurance regen on your way to 25 stacks of might so long as you sit in Dragon Trigger for a short time. Discipline builds flow quickly and decreases the CD of Gun Trigger/Gun Saber which equates to more healing and endurance regen. ~2,100 HP healed, and 50(half) endurance regen'd every time Dragon Trigger used.

Every CC skill and hammer 2 will also generate might thanks to body blow + Aristocracy runes. 5 stacks on a 1s CD meaning ~420 😎HP healed + Endurance regen on top. This is added on top of Dragon Slash since Unyielding Dragon also CC's with this build bringing the total HP healed  by Dragon Trigger to ~2,500 HP healed, +60 endurance.  You can push these numbers even higher depending on how many people you are able to hit with Dragon Slash(or any other AOE CC skill) at once since Rune of Aristocracy procs multiple times if applying weakness to multiple people at once.

You can go into Gun Saber and spam skills to generate emergency barrier. They don't do damage anyway. The only Gun Saber skill even kind of worth holding onto ever is Gun Saber 5.

Overall Pros: Great Sustain, Great Endurance regen, Great weakness application, Good peel, Good decap/node pressure, Ignores blind on Dragon Slash, Unblockable CC Spam, Decentish Condi cleanse, Peaceful and non-violent

Overall Negatives: Weak to stability, Poor mobility(but better than most bunker war builds), 0 damage, your friends will require you to work a lot harder on your friendship should you come across them while playing this.

As a short final note: You can play a damage variant of this build by running Demolisher's but I do not recommend.

Think of a tree though. A tree is rooted to the ground. Evolution selected trees to be weak fighters. Bladesworn in general is a lot like a tree, so you kind of have to play like one. You're going to eat most burst even with all the endurance because of the way the elite spec works. You have to be ready to deal with it.

58 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Damnit. I was going to post that for bladesworn...

Have some faith, goodfellow 🙏

Edited by Multicolorhipster.9751
  • Haha 2