[hi imBrazilian]I'm sorry to disappoint you, there are other languages besides English, which don't have such a good experience,

Java.1048

Good morning guys, I came to post a rant, and the text will be written in Portuguese.

because in case someone is interested and reads the said text, they will have to use the infamous google translator.

I've always really liked the game, and thinking in a mature way, arenanet even knows how to keep part of the players who have already learned to play, the problem that for those who are Br, and don't know how to interpret the English language, will have a tremendous difficulty starting here, and NO, NO, NO AND NO Spanish is very different, even with low understanding of English, I still prefer to continue the base in English is what it has.

I don't understand, people really don't know how big the BR community is, and the game has certain attractions even though it doesn't have SA servers, even after I bought the End Dragons expansion, I almost migrated to another MMO that has it, already ready the connection to xbox controllers, and there was a boom in players, I called some friends, too bad I'm trying SA servers there, interaction with XBOX controllers, it's not translated, but I think it won't be for a long time, a lot of br people are there and for sure they will look at it, different kitten arenanet.

One fateful day, I saw a content creator saying that he opened a signed bass here, that depending on the number of people, they would translate, and I even signed, but arenanet went there and tripped. Lol (this is not an offense, don't punish me, everyone here only knows how to express laughter that way, it's not a reference to lol)

it's very complicated to wait for google translator to solve everything, even because STAFF, doesn't mean people, but staff,

Even though it is a Latin language, Brazilian Portuguese encompasses words from English an Anglo-Saxon language, (even for me this doesn't make sense)

We use this word STAFF with this meaning of administration and such,

Another example: there is the word delete, which came from the English DELET with the same meaning,

Unfortunately, I couldn't say the same for RAPARIGA, who here in Brazil have totally changed the meaning.

and if I type into google : WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY. it will translate: WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY

So it would be very satisfying for the company to worry about subtitling, the texts, you don't even need to dub, imagine there's no way to copy the kitten story text to put in google translator, as I don't know English I keep looking at the stickers and trying to understand.

please arenanet look at us. don't be negligent, the game even has a translation into german, kkkkkkkkkkkkk, you're kidding, right? see my brother

GLRBR,EUESCEVIESSE,TEXTOTODOEMPORTUGUES,ELES-FORAM-LÁ-DERAM-WARN-APAGARAM-E-DISSERAM-NO-MEUJOGUINHO-SÓ-ENTRA-QUEM-FALA-EM=INGLES--ENTÃO-É-VOCES-QUE-PERDEM-TEMPO-COM-UMA=STAFF=QUE=DISSE=QUE=NÃO=VAI=TRADUZIR=E=AINDA=TEM=PR3GU1Ç4=DE=TRADUZIR=UM=TEXTO=BR,=COISA=QUE=EU=FAÇO=CONTANSTEMENTE=NALINGUADECUDELES=VOCES=SÃO=UNS=GUERREIROS

please don't translate the upper case, see you later

• Haha 1
  • Confused 11

Hey! If you would like to discuss Guild Wars 2 with other English-speaking players, please include an English translation of your comment when posting.

No, it's an untruth, unfortunately there's a subordinate group that can't, just a fair understanding in English, it needs to be worked on in childhood, in my life all the collegiate years, it was just a verb TO BE

I found the petition they made at the time to translate gw2 into portuguese, 700+ people signed it, they may think little but it's greater than the number of people watching gw2 on twich kakakakaka, so it's a lot of people

https://peticaopublica.com.br/viewsignatures.aspx?pi=BR103357&pg=1

Edited by Java.1048
information
  • Confused 5

It's very complicated to wait for google translator to solve everything

This is why people learn languages - especially one universally recognized on the internet as the common tongue.

But it's ok to be meh at it. You know what they say - you either die writing American or live long enough to write proper English.

• Like 4
  • Haha 10
  • Confused 6

The game was developed in an english speaking country. No offense but they are not obligated to translate it into any other language. It's nice when they do, of course, but you cannot reasonably expect it. For the record, I am not against the game being translated into every language. Just make sure your expectations are in the right place OP. If you play a game developed outside your language, expect to deal with translation issues.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6

54 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Please use the forums search feature.  There are many threads which have already discussed this issue and why Anet will not translate into other languages.

Iwill used my level english for responder you.

Desde 1980 peoples was are opening topics for balance PvP and match manipulation. Not impede that open the some discusion

• Confused 8

15 minutes ago, Super Hayes.6890 said:

The game was developed in an english speaking country. No offense but they are not obligated to translate it into any other language. It's nice when they do, of course, but you cannot reasonably expect it. For the record, I am not against the game being translated into every language. Just make sure your expectations are in the right place OP. If you play a game developed outside your language, expect to deal with translation issues.

dude you made a very sensible comment. and I even used google translator to answer you. no way I'm going to stop playing because it's not translated. and I believe that those who currently play and speak Portuguese will not stop playing now, it would be a great help, even for people who can start playing, and it's a big community, it shows that they care about us. I wonder if whoever manages the game compares gw2 views on twitch. a recent release made many friends of mine migrate. and it's all in English. imagine if they translate and I think it will happen soon

• Confused 5

1 hour ago, Java.1048 said:

dude you made a very sensible comment. and I even used google translator to answer you. no way I'm going to stop playing because it's not translated. and I believe that those who currently play and speak Portuguese will not stop playing now, it would be a great help, even for people who can start playing, and it's a big community, it shows that they care about us. I wonder if whoever manages the game compares gw2 views on twitch. a recent release made many friends of mine migrate. and it's all in English. imagine if they translate and I think it will happen soon

Yea HOPE is the last thing to die.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Java.1048 said:

As I said, it would be nice if they translated all languages. It may have even been one of their side projects before the layoffs for all we know. Convince NCsoft that it's good for the investors and you can probably make it happen. That is a tall order though.

• Like 4

Hy~, i'm german 😄. And i can only speak for me, but most people i know don't even use the german translation, because everyone uses English words anyway. It's just easier. And even with my bad english, i never had any problems as commie or when i ask questions. Thank goodness, many English-speaking people are not as pendant as Germans when it comes to spelling and grammar.

And also for people who like the story, the original is always the best~, because a lot can get lost while translated.

Edited by Fuchslein.8639
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Acho que podiam perfeitamente incluir o Português como uma das línguas "oficiais" (assim teríamos Inglês, Francês, Alemão, Espanhol, e Português), visto que é uma das línguas mais faladas no mundo. Acho que uma das principais razões para não o fazerem, para além dos custos associados a contratar mais actores e actrizes, é que as 4 línguas que temos por agora são consideradas suficientes, e a grande maioria dos portugueses sabe pelo menos uma delas. 

English version:

I think they could include Portuguese as one of their "official" languages, given that it's one of the most used languages in the world. In my opinion, one of the main reasons they didn't do this, and won't do this (besides all the costs associated with hiring more voice actors and actresses), is because the 4 languages we have now are considered to be enough; besides, most Portuguese people know at least one of those languages.

• Like 1

People from Brazil and other bigger countries are used to everything being translated and dubbed in their language.

Countries with languages like mine literally have no other option than to learn french or english to enjoy content like games but even movies and other media. 

As said above there are already many threads and it is very unlikely to happen. You're in the same boat with Russians, Italians and many many many small countries with a high playerbase. 

I actually learned English by playing videogames and was happy that I learned it in a fun way. 

• Like 6

As a Brazilian this is a sensitive matter. So let me point it out:
1. I learned English while playing good old MMOs like Runescape, Flyff, MU and so many others. Having the game translated into somebody's own language is a nice convenience but not doing so was resposible to make me learn another language and im very thankful for that. 

2. In these days where everyone wants everything easy and served, i agree that not having this AMAZING game in Portuguese is making hundreds of thousands of BR players simply not play the game because they have so many other options in their language. Thats bad for them for not having the need or desire to learn another language and also bad for Anet because no influx of new players.

3. Nobody is asking for a voiceover dub. People simply wants subtitles and text translated. Thats EASY. Theres a lot of volunteers, me included that would work passionate on a translation without receiving a dime (some gems would be enough). If GW2 could handle MODs like ESO for example it would already help because we have an unoficial translator addon in there, altough is buggy and incomplete, its enough to make a new player interested in the game.

So at the end, everyone loses one way or another. In my particular case i dont mind but i understand that it can bother many people.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

para quem já tem uma certa familiaridade com gw2 mesmo sem saber inglês. isso afetará uns 20%, a questão das skills e traits, é um ponto importante. isso realmente me deixa confuso

a dublagem não é necessário, a legenda é mais que suficiente.

eu ja ouvi inúmeras vezes o posicionamento de que eles não fariam isso, 
como foi citado a legenda não é algo que custe um absurdo. e abriria possibilidade para mais jogadores novos.

a uns dois anos eu vi uma postagem monstrando quais as cidades que mais acessavam o gw2, em terceiro lugar estava São Paulo 

[EN]

for those who already have a certain familiarity with gw2 even without knowing English. this will affect about 20%, the question of skills and traits is an important point. it really makes me confused

dubbing is not necessary, subtitles are more than enough.

I've heard countless times the position that they wouldn't do that,

As mentioned, the caption is not something that costs an absurdity. and would open up the possibility for more new players.

about two years ago I saw a post showing which cities most accessed gw2, in third place was São Paulo

2 minutes ago, Java.1048 said:

As mentioned, the caption is not something that costs an absurdity. and would open up the possibility for more new players.

You don't know the cost to do this ... so let's start there. 

2 minutes ago, Java.1048 said:

about two years ago I saw a post showing which cities most accessed gw2, in third place was São Paulo

This has no indication of how many players would benefit from a PT language implementation. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

You don't know the cost to do this ... so let's start there

keolegends was not the first to offer to subtitle the game in a fan-to-fan mode. his cost was gems. if that's expensive. I really don't know how much it costs.

I showed an old petition, in which 760 people asked for the translation.

you told me that the metric of people logging in in São Paulo is not enough. I agree. only if you agree that on Twitch it's a good metric, and gw2 has less views than the mobile game my daughter loves. she is 3 years old and is learning to speak

59 minutes ago, KeoLegend.5132 said:

1. I learned English while playing good old MMOs like Runescape, Flyff, MU and so many others. Having the game translated into somebody's own language is a nice convenience but not doing so was resposible to make me learn another language and im very thankful for that. 

2. In these days where everyone wants everything easy and served, i agree that not having this AMAZING game in Portuguese is making hundreds of thousands of BR players simply not play the game because they have so many other options in their language. Thats bad for them for not having the need or desire to learn another language and also bad for Anet because no influx of new players.

3. Nobody is asking for a voiceover dub. People simply wants subtitles and text translated. Thats EASY. Theres a lot of volunteers, me included that would work passionate on a translation without receiving a dime (some gems would be enough). If GW2 could handle MODs like ESO for example it would already help because we have an unoficial translator addon in there, altough is buggy and incomplete, its enough to make a new player interested in the game.

So at the end, everyone loses one way or another. In my particular case i dont mind but i understand that it can bother many people.

59 minutes ago, KeoLegend.5132 said:

Yes but then when you got translated text someone else will say wait a minute why dont we get voice over like the other languages we want that too.

For an example in game check what happened to spvp and wvw legendary armors.

People wanted to functionality added to their game mode dident want any fancy skins.

25 minutes ago, Java.1048 said:

keolegends was not the first to offer to subtitle the game in a fan-to-fan mode. his cost was gems. if that's expensive. I really don't know how much it costs.

you told me that the metric of people logging in in São Paulo is not enough. I agree. only if you agree that on Twitch it's a good metric, and gw2 has less views than the mobile game my daughter loves. she is 3 years old and is learning to speak

Again, none of this is indicative of how good an idea implementing PT language is, so I'm not sure what you expect here. 

I don't agree Twitch is a good metric for how good implementing PT language would be either ... I'm not sure why anyone would think it is. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Again, none of this is indicative of how good an idea implementing PT language is, so I'm not sure what you expect here. 

I don't agree Twitch is a good metric for how good implementing PT language would be either ... I'm not sure why anyone would think it is. 

I think at some point google translate failed in my attempt to express myself.

1. if today they decide to subtitle the game: (story mode) traits, skills. Will it change anything in your game? or any other person who objected to my request? if you change let me know and I'll ask you to delete it

2.the other point I raised. the metrics I presented: -700 people asked for the caption

- the Br community is a giant when it comes to games, and of all types and platforms.

- subtitles an alternative to search for new BR players.

- twitch for me just shows that the game is falling.

just a suggestion. peace

https://www.telesintese.com.br/brasil-ocupa-o-3o-lugar-no-mercado-mundial-de-games-sem-necessidade-de-incentivos/

"Brazil has 95 million gamers only loses to USA and China"

• Confused 2

According to wikipedia, it ranks 13th worldwide for number of active gamers.  So I guess after they translate to the others in front, maybe then Portuguese.

Completely understand your point and hoping for some translation and captions, and no harm in asking again.   They have made it clear they are not planning on doing so, but hey hope springs eternal.  Good luck!

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Java.1048 said:

This has nothing to do with twitch. And getting more people in from Brazil wouldn't increase the twitch numbers significantly. The games that do best are twitch are usually competitive and easy to watch/understand.  Guild Wars 2 really isn't competitive in the same way. It's hard to watch with the skill spam going on and it's a bear to follow what's going on. Guild Wars 2 is a better game to play than watch. I love the game and don't enjoy watching people play it the vast majority of the time.

So bringing up twitch really has nothing to do with your suggestion and just detracts from it.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Yes but then when you got translated text someone else will say wait a minute why dont we get voice over like the other languages we want that too.

For an example in game check what happened to spvp and wvw legendary armors.

People wanted to functionality added to their game mode dident want any fancy skins.

I agree that people will always want more, thats natural.
But you got to understand that having at least text translated is good enough for "lazy" players to get into the game.

Think about playing GW2 in japanese. If at least the text was fully English it would be playable. Ofc you would want dub, but having at least the text was good enough and that is my point for those who wishes the translation

• Confused 1