Vindicators CC

Superkai.4692

vindi is a joke at this point and it just apeared, though fixing it would be easy, make scabenger burst create a fire field instead of burning, increase spear dmg while deleting its torment and then make gs3 pull enemies that and maybe a bit of dmg, and we got a prfect power revenant there

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Superkai.4692 said:

I just tried the Mai Trin Strike and had immediatly switch to Renegade again. How come vindicator has no cc and no combo fields? Literally unplayable

lol when at the beginning story quest, one of the masters asks you to use 3 combo field actions, yet Vindicator has access to none.

Peak development design.

This expansion is the Shadowlands of GW2.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

I have a hybrid cele build set up with mace/axe & staff.... had no problem getting through it.

Mace 2 into Vindicator Leap... there's a combo... Axe 5, Staff 5 - you could even quickly spec Jallis for the pull (which is pretty standard rev breakbar stuff) and you're good on breakbar.

TL;DR Rev's have a bunch of combo fields and breakbar options that can be slotted alongside Vindicator, y'all tripping.. now the dodge challenge, that was tough

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hainese.9216 said:

I have a hybrid cele build set up with mace/axe & staff.... had no problem getting through it.

Mace 2 into Vindicator Leap... there's a combo... Axe 5, Staff 5 - you could even quickly spec Jallis for the pull (which is pretty standard rev breakbar stuff) and you're good on breakbar.

TL;DR Rev's have a bunch of combo fields and breakbar options that can be slotted alongside Vindicator, y'all tripping.. now the dodge challenge, that was tough

Yes core rev has some CC. Nice. Which part of Vindi has cc here?

• Like 6
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

Would I like more CC on vindi, sure especially on the greatsword - I always like more CC options, does Vindi need [more] CC in it's kit? not exactly.. especially because there is so much loaded in alliance stance already (regen, resistance, cleanse, fury, quickness, stability, protection, might, leap, burning, torment, evade, and a stun)

Vindi gains access to CC through Alliance Stance --- Reaver's Rage - Alliance Stance - Kurzick Side - Skill 4  is a Stun (CC) 

You can make up for lack of CC by bringing staff, or by supplementing Alliance Stance with another stance with CC on it.. which is all of them. If the criticism is that a dps weapon loadout doesn't have CC, Sword/Sword already lacks that too.

Edited by hainese.9216
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

52 minutes ago, Tulkas.2576 said:

Axe 5, staff 5, hammer5, shiro elite, jalis taunt, demon leap

So ditching Vindicator instantly improves your build! You halve your dodge cost, can stack up to two of them and get Ancient Echo. And you gain an entire usable traitline, and fix the needof buying the solution for a problem which you didn't have.

Edited by Buran.3796
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

This would make sense if vindi removed access to core. But it doesn't. 

You can take staff or Sword/sword for some extra CC, take shiro as its second legend and have jade winds. 

Reavers rage from legendary stance is a CC

Also I'm pretty sure GS auto attack 3 and GS2 doing chilled is a low amount of CC damage to stack. 

2 hours ago, Superkai.4692 said:

no combo fields

Eternitys requiem from GS and Nomads advance from legendary stance are both combo fields 

5 minutes ago, Buran.3796 said:

So ditching Vindicator instantly improves your build! You halve your dodge cost, can stack up to two of them and get Ancient Echo. And you gain an entire usable traitline, and fix the needof buying the solution for a problem which you didn't have

I forgot being a vindicator means you shouldn't use weapon swap or Ur second Legendary swap. 

Makes litterally no sense.... 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Zenith.7301 said:

lol when at the beginning story quest, one of the masters asks you to use 3 combo field actions, yet Vindicator has access to none.

Peak development design.

This expansion is the Shadowlands of GW2.

Lol for combo fields and jade bot CC I had to quickly switch to condi Renegade. Vindi is a joke, the whole Rev "patch notes" are a joke, and a bad one at that.

Weird complaint. I mean, you can make builds that don't do cleansing or stun breaks either. That's not a problem though.

Yeah, you are right. It is a problem; a problem with people making bad OW PVE builds (because lots of weapon choices have CC on them) and not learning their skills (because Vindicator actually DOES have a CC skill)

You also didn't need combo fields to win that fight but for funsies ... I think if you took the Aureme power up thing at the beginning, it gives you an action button that has a generic combo field in it. To be fair to Anet ... they also created a tutorial about that as one of the first story chapters you do. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

I have to say it, if you dont know dont talk kitten, vindi needs more cc a combo field and to get rid of those 2 condis that make no sense.

cc because the only skill it has is not enought, using staff is plain stupid as staff only has the cc and then youre weaponless, jade winds is a stupid useless costly skill, we need cc on gs so we can cc and then keep on hiting things.

a combo field, like come on is it that difficult to make scavenger burst into a fire field indtead of plain burn? wake up and do your work kitten

the torment on spear is STUPID, i dont care about your hybrid builds on pvp and wvw, you have herald and rene for that, and you also cryed that spear does no dmg, tske torment lut and increase its dmg, solved, also for open wordlers, you had to be given a tutorial in a expansion, vindi cant do the tutorial if it doesnt camp mallinx or jalis or changes to other elite.... dunno but i want to play the acyual new class guys if youre not gonna create decent feedback on what the elite lacks then shut up and let people that wants a good Vindicator  give the feedback ok?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, hainese.9216 said:

Would I like more CC on vindi, sure especially on the greatsword - I always like more CC options, does Vindi need [more] CC in it's kit? not exactly.. especially because there is so much loaded in alliance stance already (regen, resistance, cleanse, fury, quickness, stability, protection, might, leap, burning, torment, evade, and a stun)

Vindi gains access to CC through Alliance Stance --- Reaver's Rage - Alliance Stance - Kurzick Side - Skill 4  is a Stun (CC) 

You can make up for lack of CC by bringing staff, or by supplementing Alliance Stance with another stance with CC on it.. which is all of them. If the criticism is that a dps weapon loadout doesn't have CC, Sword/Sword already lacks that too.

the criticism is that vindi has sword sword and gs and none of those have cc, yeah staff has tons of cc but then what? 3 hours making AA that hit like noodles? the point in geting gs was to have a 2 usefull power weapon and get rid of staff finaly, also yeah vindi is loaded with useless stuff, it was easy really, a power dps elite, with enought utilities, and we got a healer that gives almost useless boons except stab and a power elite with almost no cc and that overloads with boons it doesnt need nor want

• Like 2

This thread is delusional. Of course renegade is going to feel better. You've been using it for years compared to vindicator that's been out for like 2 beta tests and released completely less than 24 hours ago. You don't know how to optimally play vindicator. "Vindicator has no cc!!" Wow that's crazy! Didn't know you were meant to sit only in legendary alliance stance constantly. Elite specs are a powerful trait line not a separate class. You're meant to mix and match core to round out your build and make it stronger by adding crucial things that you are missing. Elite specs shouldn't be a one stop shop like renegade where you press 2 buttons for perma alacrity and 25 might while auto attacking for 30k DPS.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, zaswer.5246 said:

the point in geting gs was to have a 2 usefull power weapon and get rid of staff finaly,

According to who? I get not wanting to have staff on every build, but let's be real the breakbar damage on staff is too insane to not use. If anything sword/sword should be replaced, but that's probably hard considering how overtuned the damage on that weapon set is especially on the AA.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Hallow.7368 said:

According to who? I get not wanting to have staff on every build, but let's be real the breakbar damage on staff is too insane to not use. If anything sword/sword should be replaced, but that's probably hard considering how overtuned the damage on that weapon set is especially on the AA.

thats the problem staff cc is insane but once ised what? on a dps build it is just useless out of cc, just giving gs a bit of cc would be enought to make sw/sw gs viable and usefull while staff should be used as a healers weapon for utility, either that or change staff auto staff2 and staff 4 so it is a dps weapon and thus usefull.

and acording to someone who is tired of going to fractals, raids and alnost every content and having to swap to staff for cc just to be forced to keep autoattacking like a monkey for 10 seconds every cc there is, i cant be the only one that hates that

Just now, zaswer.5246 said:

thats the problem staff cc is insane but once ised what? on a dps build it is just useless out of cc, just giving gs a bit of cc would be enought to make sw/sw gs viable and usefull while staff should be used as a healers weapon for utility, either that or change staff auto staff2 and staff 4 so it is a dps weapon and thus usefull.

and acording to someone who is tired of going to fractals, raids and alnost every content and having to swap to staff for cc just to be forced to keep autoattacking like a monkey for 10 seconds every cc there is, i cant be the only one that hates that

also id like to be able to use 2 weapons as power revenent for once, camping swords and then staff for cc feels awfull, like why do i keep playing rev when the new willbender is shiro vindicator but much better? isnt that wrong?

• Confused 1

Just now, Za Shaloc.3908 said:

Some of the replies in this thread, holy kitten. It's almost like axe doesn't exist and reading tooltips is too hard. 

mmm sry but axe is mainly condi as far as i know, well maybe you could use it on power but then you lose sword 4 and 5 wich are the 2 strongest power skills on rev

• Confused 2

Just now, zaswer.5246 said:

mmm sry but axe is mainly condi as far as i know, well maybe you could use it on power but then you lose sword 4 and 5 wich are the 2 strongest power skills on rev

Axe 4 still does great power damage and hits multiple targets in the line, which you can easily line up with axe 5. It also has chill and slow, which will further contribute to breakbar damage. It's a very good weapon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Za Shaloc.3908 said:

Axe 4 still does great power damage and hits multiple targets in the line, which you can easily line up with axe 5. It also has chill and slow, which will further contribute to breakbar damage. It's a very good weapon.

you still loos the 2 most powerfull power skills on revenant, dunno ill try and i hope youre right and its good enought

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, zaswer.5246 said:

You're responses in this thread are of the strangest sort. Staff, Axe, Hammer ... ALL have CC and along with the CC skill in alliance ... ALL available to Vindicator without a compromise to using Vindicator toolset. Your claims that you 'lose' the two most powerful power skills in Revenant ... what ARE you even talking about? Are you aware there is a weapon swap right?

If people are just going to make pump DPS builds for OW PVE and declare Vindicator is missing things because they have massive gaps in their toolset ... they simply don't know what they are doing (or can't read tooltips apparently)

here is a fun fact: Anet already added CC to the Alliance Skill ... don't think we are going to get more. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1