Has anyone got the research kit to work?

When i use it, it only wants to salvage my ascended weapons and superior runes... I'm.... Not sure that's the intended behaviour? Everything else is red...

Did this work like that from the start? Or is it bugged? Needs a mastery maybe? I want those research notes for... Research purposes. 😛 

3 hours ago, Sleepwalker.1398 said:

It works on those 2 copper weak slayers potions.
Its too late now cos people have already mass bought them off TP and now ones left are starting at 68 copper.
Current cheapest is bowl of candy corn custard.

Cheapest is Loaf of Bread and Bowl of Apple Sauce. Those can be crafted for 16c + 2 karma

Apple Sauce is cheapest if you also buy the apples with karma

Edited by Khisanth.2948

On 3/1/2022 at 12:34 AM, DarcShriek.5829 said:

I've tried using it with crafted items from the TP and it won't use them.  What items should I be using?

It's based on YOUR crafted items.  Go craft some Exotic boots/gloves and use the kit on them.   

Based on the rarity and RNG you will get different results on what drops.  10 Exotics gave roughly 925 notes (or whatever they are called).

20 minutes ago, SWLDguitar.5746 said:

It's based on YOUR crafted items.  Go craft some Exotic boots/gloves and use the kit on them.   

Based on the rarity and RNG you will get different results on what drops.  10 Exotics gave roughly 925 notes (or whatever they are called).

Actually, the problem was it was temporarily disabled.  But nice try.

We definitely need a salvage stack at the least, preferably the usual fine, master, rare choice. Someone asked if it's all 1 item from salvage, so the results vary, blues =1, greens are 3, I think rares coughed up 5 and exotics are two stacks of 5 for a total of 10. Not sure about ascended. As for what items qualify, I'm not sure why the custard qualified as that's a common halloween drop from loot bags, so definitely not crafted as much as dropped. Best plan is to buy one of what you think might work and try it rather than buying stacks unknown, or craft your own as previously stated. Applesauce is a cheap bet and most chefs are doing that anyway for the mats for ascended foods.

1 hour ago, Tazzer.8035 said:

We definitely need a salvage stack at the least, preferably the usual fine, master, rare choice. Someone asked if it's all 1 item from salvage, so the results vary, blues =1, greens are 3, I think rares coughed up 5 and exotics are two stacks of 5 for a total of 10. Not sure about ascended. As for what items qualify, I'm not sure why the custard qualified as that's a common halloween drop from loot bags, so definitely not crafted as much as dropped. Best plan is to buy one of what you think might work and try it rather than buying stacks unknown, or craft your own as previously stated. Applesauce is a cheap bet and most chefs are doing that anyway for the mats for ascended foods.

Attempting to implement taht is probably why we have the weird salvage all behavior right now

This has got to be one of the dumbest bit of busy work someone has added to a game though. Since they are just 16c+cost of the salvage kit, just let me pay that much in gold instead of going through all these pointless salvaging.

People reported getting 200 for ascended. An ascended weapon that would be salvageable can be sold for 1g so that is 500 notes. Much better than salvaging. Armor would be worth it if you already have legendaries.

What qualifies seems to be "craftable" rather than "crafted".

1 hour ago, guildwarrior.6304 said:

yeah, all the bread i crafted today can no longer be salvaged. really sucks to be able to salvage something one second and then not the next, complete waste of my time and money

I'm pretty sad about this too, I crafted a lot of bread yesterday before I had to stop playing, and tonight when I went and got a mess of kits they didn't work on it.  The patch notes only say apple sauce no longer works.

1 hour ago, guildwarrior.6304 said:

yeah, all the bread i crafted today can no longer be salvaged. really sucks to be able to salvage something one second and then not the next, complete waste of my time and money

same here. turned it into buttered toast which got the kit to work but gave me no Research. they should just disable the kits till that properly test  the system.

16 minutes ago, CrazyCanadian.7391 said:

same here. turned it into buttered toast which got the kit to work but gave me no Research. they should just disable the kits till that properly test  the system.

Looks like spinach burgers work for notes.  And one loaf makes two burgers so if you have a lot of red meat and spinach (and karma for tomatoes), you can recoup your wasted loaves.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

They really need to edit the description since it's not really crafted items. You craft loaf of bread for example, can't do that no more. Or craft a super cheap item, yeah you can't use it on that either.  I'm glad I got what I needed before they took loaf of bread away but now the item description is misleading. Also, why wouldn't you add a salvage stack to the research salvage kit? That makes as much sense as soo-won being able to spam swap numerous times in a row and while exposed🤣

Crafted 5k grilled portobello mushrooms yesterday and the research kits worked ( 1:1 ratio).  Just be aware the pepper corn is on TP and it can be costly.  Some videos have just over 10k research notes for everything.  Just craft what you might need and no more.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1