Water and Siege in WvW

Feirin.5481

So, we cant build any Siege in the "Water" anymore since EoD?

I guess every WvW Player who plays on EBG knows that you could build Siege in the Water what is at Klovan.
On the Blue side this is the "sneaky" Siege side what is out of range from the Watchtower.

Since EoD you cant place any Siege in any shallow water, were you could before.

Well, just a minor thing - and overall "i dont care"

But thats WvW for you - bring something new for the Guildwars World - end break something in WvW ❤️

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

That would be messed up if this is a way to control not only what wall you're able to hit, but also from where.  Like changes from the past: certain EBG towers that used to have 2 breakable walls but now only have one, and seige deployment restrictions from ABL spawn, even if the "spawn area" in question is still well within opposing balli / treb and pull range.

All NO for the following areas I just tested (if these areas have you standing in just a little water)

Bay ABL WG

Aldons Green Spawn facing wall

Jerri Green Spawn facing wall

Kloven Blue Spawn facing wall

Honorable mention: Green EBG keep outer walls on NE and NW sides depending on positioning of cata.

• Like 2

Let's be real the only two places this really affects is Klovan and QL swamp sides, which would add a huge defensive perk to both. Kind of a weird change/nerf and not even bothering to mention it to us for whatever reason it was needed, or chalk it up to some weird bug that somehow snuck into wvw, can you build siege in EoD places or something? Did anyone try building something else besides catas in those waters? 😆

Weird but par for the course for anet I suppose.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Let's be real the only two places this really affects is Klovan and QL swamp sides, which would add a huge defensive perk to both. Kind of a weird change/nerf and not even bothering to mention it to us for whatever reason it was needed, or chalk it up to some weird bug that somehow snuck into wvw, can you build siege in EoD places or something? Did anyone try building something else besides catas in those waters? 😆

Weird but par for the course for anet I suppose.

It’s not like we’ve never seen them break something in WvW by adding stuff to PvE..  🤣. Nothing  surprises me anymore.  

• Like 2

This is just the first step to them adding skiffs eventually. The swamp is going to be excavated soon, opening up a shipping lane in the moat between aldon's, wildcreek, lowlands keep, jerrifers, golanta, klovan, and ql, the frogs will be charging a toll fee of course for use of their channel, or kicked out like the quaggan from alpines. Either way, get ready for the boat siege battles next year!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

This is just the first step to them adding skiffs eventually. The swamp is going to be excavated soon, opening up a shipping lane in the moat between aldon's, wildcreek, lowlands keep, jerrifers, golanta, klovan, and ql, the frogs will be charging a toll fee of course for use of their channel, or kicked out like the quaggan from alpines. Either way, get ready for the boat siege battles next year!

Tropical islands wvw map finally?

• Like 1

Siege placement in water conflicted with the fact that now every water area is fishable. So in order to avoid any issue they directly disabled the placing of anything in water.

All this to let us fish more sea weed so we can make up for the WvW low rewards with some additional copper. We also save money because we deploy less siege.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Justine.6351 said:

Tropical islands wvw map finally?

I would be down for pirate themed tropical island wvw map actually, like an expanded bloodtide coast I guess with a bunch of laughing gull or stormbluff isle type islands.... but then I'd have to buy EoD for the skiff.... 🤢

Edited by Xenesis.6389

On 3/6/2022 at 3:19 PM, Boh.4568 said:

Siege placement in water conflicted with the fact that now every water area is fishable. So in order to avoid any issue they directly disabled the placing of anything in water.

All this to let us fish more sea weed so we can make up for the WvW low rewards with some additional copper. We also save money because we deploy less siege.

Fishing with ballistae coming next?

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/4/2022 at 7:18 AM, SweetPotato.7456 said:

What about that sneaky spot where you can drop a half submerged cata hitting bay ?  Did anet address that?

There was an exploit as well in that area where you could hide the cata basically underwater when all was said and done. Then they could cata and not even be seen. The no water deployment now means that exploit is thankfully gone.