Virtuoso was designed for people who hate Mesmer and was designed by people who hate Mesmer.

Ketharius.9018

If you don't WvW (remove Celestial gear and that stupid joke of a Mirage build for bad players) or PvP at a competent level you wouldn't understand how miserable it has been being a Mesmer, especially Power, for years now and Virtuoso did nothing to address the issues and instead came with even worse functionality and terrible fundamental mechanics that will be nearly impossible to balance for these game modes since number changes can only go so far. We have to play our brains off just to do what other classes and specs can do passively. Given ANet's love of nerfing everything prior to an expansion that means we're not going to see Chrono or Mirage come back to relevancy and it's frustrating. I hope you PvE players are enjoying Virtuoso, I don't hate on the game mode, it's just not my cup of tea. I just hope they do something about Mesmer overall in WvW and PvP since this has gone for YEARS every since they neutered Mesmer with a nuke.

Edited by Ketharius.9018
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

You didn't read what I wrote, but I'll fill you in anyways. The non-Virtuoso specs haven't been touched in over 2 years and will most likely not be fixed properly in order to prioritize the new $$$ expansion that comes with a shiny new thing for people to buy. We're going to suffer even more as Chrono and Mirage than we already are and have for years.

• Like 9
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Artyport.2084 said:

Forum mesmers.

hate everything lol

actual mesmers...slinging blades and are spending  time trying to make it work. 
there is no doubt its going to need buff in some areas and nerfs in others.

Just chill lol

Try as they may, like I did, they will go back to Mirage or Chrono after the "new charm" goes away.

We can't make something work when the head dev said Virtuoso needs work a few days before release.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Nezekan.2671 said:

Try as they may, like I did, they will go back to Mirage or Chrono after the "new charm" goes away.

We can't make something work when the head dev said Virtuoso needs work a few days before release.

well if they are aware then there is hope! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Artyport.2084 said:

Forum mesmers.

hate everything lol

actual mesmers...slinging blades and are spending  time trying to make it work. 
there is no doubt its going to need buff in some areas and nerfs in others.

Just chill lol

Exactly every time i post here saying I enjoy Virtuoso it always gets the same response. 

WhY MuSt yoU likE somEthinG I HATE. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

Exactly every post here saying I enjoy Virtuoso gets the same response. 

WhY MuSt yoU likE somEthinG I HATE. 

No, the issue is you ignore our plight and refuse to acknowledge actual issues regarding the class. I don't care at all whatsoever if you enjoy Virtuoso or not, it has nothing to do with me, what I care about is the god awful release of a new elite specialization that did nothing for my main class when it came to how it performs at high ratings in PvP, a world that does not exist for you and never will. So please stop dismissing our issues just because you are having fun in your tiny little bubble of ignorance.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Ketharius.9018 said:

If you don't WvW (remove Celestial gear and that stupid joke of a Mirage build for bad players) or PvP at a competent level you wouldn't understand how miserable it has been being a Mesmer, especially Power, for years now and Virtuoso did nothing to address the issues and instead came with even worse functionality and terrible fundamental mechanics that will be nearly impossible to balance for these game modes since number changes can only go so far. We have to play our brains off just to do what other classes and specs can do passively. Given ANet's love of nerfing everything prior to an expansion that means we're not going to see Chrono or Mirage come back to relevancy and it's frustrating. I hope you PvE players are enjoying Virtuoso, I don't hate on the game mode, it's just not my cup of tea. I just hope they do something about Mesmer overall in WvW and PvP since this has gone for YEARS every since they neutered Mesmer with a nuke.

I can't speak on the PvP aspect but I do think Virtuoso has potential in working in WvW. Yes there's lots of reflects out there. But this spec can bring some dps and utility and still use weapons aside from greatsword. I haven't tested it out yet but I think a dagger/focus and greatsword Virtuoso could do some fun work in WvW with a guild group and especially with a zerg. Not sure about roaming but something could happen. I found power chrono in my guild group boring because I was relegated to utility bot (veil, some wells etc.) with nothing to do ranged damage aside from greatsword. But I am excited to see what Virtuoso can do with my guild group. 🙂

It's also only been a few days. So, let's see what builds everyone comes up with. There's also a balance patch in the summer, so everything could change then too. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ketharius.9018 said:

No, the issue is you ignore our plight and refuse to acknowledge actual issues regarding the class. I don't care at all whatsoever if you enjoy Virtuoso or not, it has nothing to do with me, what I care about is the god awful release of a new elite specialization that did nothing for my main class when it came to how it performs at high ratings in PvP, a world that does not exist for you and never will. So please stop dismissing our issues just because you are having fun in your tiny little bubble of ignorance.

Well then stop ignoring the real strengths of the Virtuoso, I mean the goal post keeps getting moved.

• Virtuoso does 0 damage -> Virtuoso is top dps but is selfish
  • Virtuoso is bad pvp since you can just dodge -> Clones can be easily to avoided by manipulating AI but blades are not
  • Virtuoso is selfish with zero boon like Chrono -> Virtuoso synergies well with Inspiration providing a pull with focus and heals
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5

Hardest part about playing Virt IMO is adjusting.  There is a lot of muscle memory I picked up from mesmer that doesn't work here.  For example, I tended to shatter under Blurred Frenzy, and I'd use Illusory Leap just to reinforce clones in the midst of my other combos.  That... no longer works, and I've flung myself off of a cliff multiple times now with "Blade Leap."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They try to give a new way to play mesmer but it’s not a mesmer now… 

in a pvp way the class is so predictable, no real defense,  you need to face to cast your shatters. 
you have a bunk build that work well in pvp (chaos, inspi, virtuoso) but come on when people now it, they counter it hard. 
so many things, traits, that doesn’t work when blades replace clones. They don’t give something to staff, scepter to adjust the clones condi loss, the spec doesn’t have real dispel, etc etc

it’s not because now your shatter are long range that they must have cast time

i love the mesmer, i was excited about a new Espec but i am really disappointed about this lack of creativity and non sense.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Levetty.1279 said:

Literally not true. Why do you keep lying and ignoring the posts calling you out on it?

But it does, stocking blades is a lot easier than spawning clones. Like 3x easier.

Not to mention the top dps builds use focus hence the other synergy

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

7 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

But it does, stocking blades is a lot easier than spawning clones. Like 3x easier.

Top DPS build for Mesmer is Chronomancer. Virtuoso DPS build doesn't even compete with some classes support specs and you sure as hell aren't getting anywhere close to those numbers taking Inspiration.

Stacking blades to trigger the trait is hamstrung by shatter cooldowns, stacking clones is hamstrung by nothing as you can freely replace clones when you already have 3 thus you trigger the trait more often and can shatter whenever you want.

• Like 3

Virtuoso in fractals is easy to do damage and excels with a lot of trash.  However it is no way close in comparison to Chrono for power dps.  And honestly it probably won't either because it is a ranged spec.

The only thing Virtuoso does better at is the illusion of being a good elite for people who skill click and constantly back pedal.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Ketharius.9018 said:

I agree, but honestly, pvp has been so bad. Talking about pvp seriously is beating a long dead horse. It ain’t coming back. Need I remind that mirage has one dodge. And CMC admitted that ain’t working and for 2 years nothing has changed. How the kitten do I expect Virtuoso to be fixed? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

It's "easier" because you need 5, so basically you make more because you need more. The shatter frequency is not higher compared to Chrono, who gets 50% benefit from alacrity, meaning clone creating is extremely fast. As power Chrono, all my shatters are permanently on cooldown, meaning there is NO downtime between shatter and clone generation and power Chrono is currently dealing more damage than Virtuoso, although not by much. But it can provide boons while dpsing, which Virtuoso can't.

Edited by Nezekan.2671

33 minutes ago, Nezekan.2671 said:

It's "easier" because you need 5, so basically you make more because you need more. The shatter frequency is not higher compared to Chrono, who gets 50% benefit from alacrity, meaning clone creating is extremely fast. As power Chrono, all my shatters are permanently on cooldown, meaning there is NO downtime between shatter and clone generation and power Chrono is currently dealing more damage than Virtuoso, although not by much. But it can provide boons while dpsing, which Virtuoso can't.

I ment the inspection heal, but it is easier to build blades since they don't disappear between enemies so over the duration of an entire fight you will shatter more often. The alacrity can be applied by other players if you didn't know so that is a non-point. 

This is exactly why they top party dps currently in the open world.

7 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

I ment the inspection heal, but it is easier to build blades since they don't disappear between enemies so over the duration of an entire fight you will shatter more often. The alacrity can be applied by other players if you didn't know so that is a non-point. 

This is exactly why they top party dps currently in the open world.

Virtuoso only deals more damage if the target is large, so dagger skills2 and 3 trigger several times on them.

Also Chrono benefits more from having alacrity, that is what I meant. Alacrity reduces skill recharge by 25%, but it can become 50% on Chrono, meaning a skill like Greatsword 4 has a 6 second cooldown on Chrono, and greatsword 2 has 2.5 second cooldown. The clone creation is extremely fast. The fact that they die after each target is not an issue for Chrono, and Mirage doesn't even want to shatter much, unless it's possible to replace them immediately.

Edited by Nezekan.2671