Upcoming Changes to "The Battle For The Jade Sea"

Honestly the devs need to understand this is not a one off even we can just jump back into. We spend 2 HOURS for an attempt only to fail 90% of the time and unlike raids and strikes we cannot just retry we have to wait another two hours. The scaling for a lot of dragons ends events is way off and this meta has been a let down. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

Until further changes are made, I will boycott any money spent on the game from me (The reason can be seen in other posts here, and my older posts). Our friend above said it nicely, no support for what I have paid for, no support for your game. I did not preorder this to be disrespected by a company and elitist attitude which seemingly has taken root. You had so much good will accumulated these years, squander it away and then sit in the husk of what once was, asking yourself what happened. 

I will most likely look for something else to give a try for. So far gw2 was the only game I played these years, maybe I give that other game something something 14 a try. 

p.s: I now see that preordering ANY game, no matter which company has made it is a mistake. No matter how much good will, no matter how many years of trust built. I will take this lesson for myself as a positive. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 6

Oh the irony...the new Prayer Beads skin on the TP.   guildwars2.com/en/news/guide-your-mind-with-prayer-bead-wraps/

Is this so we can pray that RNG favors us with successfully subduing Soo Wan?  Or finding a group to do the strike mission who do not demand raid kill proofs (of which I have ZERO), or maps that can successfully take down the Jade Maw and Adolescent Leviathan within the time limits?  So many things to 'pray for', yet completing the turtle achievement was marketed as 'easier than the roller beetle'.  Easier to whom?   

Edited by fizzypetal.7936
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/10/2022 at 7:14 AM, Josh Davis.7865 said:

We're investigating this. Ultimately, we want the End of Dragons metas to be a staple of the endgame open world experience, like the Heart of Thorns metas. We'll be taking the first step towards addressing this in the March 15 build.

Still waiting for that build because nothing has changed so far.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Rongaron.9213 said:

Just done and failed again (total fail trys so far? 25) again not enough time and PLEASE REMOVE RNG!

And I felt hard done by with 8 attempts and 8 fails! 25 and I think my footkey would be going straight through my monitor.

This is my opinion on it. The actual meta is pretty good. It has a lot of mechanics that are interesting. However it is clearly overtuned.

I don't think anyone wants a meta where you can just press 1 and win. It is a meta event and work is required to complete it.

However make a mistake and it is far too punishing. There needs to be a chance during the encounter to make good a failed breakbar or mechanic. If you fail to rectify the fault  during this "window" by all means punish.

During the 8 attempts I've tried all but one got to about 2-4% heatlh on Soo-Won.Those weren't cases of people slacking, those were people having a kitten good go at it and trying their best. People were genuinely disheartened by the experience.

Sure at some point given the same people we may have got it, but thats just it. No-one is going to sit around and wait 2 hours on the offchance that everyone has learnt from their mistakes and is willing to give it another go.  This is an open world map where anyone can turn up, from a new player boosted to level 80 and a Port to friend to someone who regularly does raids in full Legendary who can probably hit a perfect rotation all day long.

Anet need to take this into account and I dont think they have.

I just hope that Anet are doing some number crunching and working out what the win/fail rate is along with time taken and the amount of damage output and come to a sensible solution where if players are trying their best they can win. At the moment people are getting alienated from a game they love, Commanders are getting burnt out, the "Community" is fracturing and to be honest I feel like I'm fighting a countdown timer rather than Soo-Won.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, fizzypetal.7936 said:

[...]  Or finding a group to do the strike mission who do not demand raid kill proofs (of which I have ZERO), or maps that can successfully take down the Jade Maw and Adolescent Leviathan within the time limits?  So many things to 'pray for', yet completing the turtle achievement was marketed as 'easier than the roller beetle'.  Easier to whom?   

There are several "chill run" squads in LFG without any requirements. You could also just create your own LFG. There are also almost always squads in the LFG looking for people for the Leviathan or Jade Maw. The problem here isn't the events themselves, but rather the scaling at Jade Maw. I don't get why Leviathan should be a problem.

• Confused 5

18 hours ago, Seth Moonshadow.2710 said:

Where do you think gw2 will be if they keep up the "Get Good" approach to an "Open World Experience"?
If we had our turtles by now I would have easily dumped another $400.00 into guild wars 2 today! No support for me no support for them.

This has morphed into a different game than I originally purchased. This is not cooperative open world PvE where you get to be a Hero this is a perversion of RAID level instanced content  pushed onto a game mode that clearly doesn't want it. All we'll ever be and hear is "your a tryhard" and "Get Good" and "you should have xyz". No, and we'll see you in our place in 20 years.

This is the most cooperative GW2 has ever been. Expecting people to reach the approximated necessary DPS of 7k isn't some kind of impossible witchcraft and certainly not on some kind of  "raid level". DPS in GW2 largely consists of boons, build and equipment. Player skill isn't even that important - which is fine in an action combat game, where movement and mechanics should be key points. The problem isn't the meta event itself; it's the RNG involved in boss behaviour. People just don't want to understand that point and keep on ranting...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

On 3/10/2022 at 2:44 AM, Josh Davis.7865 said:

We're investigating this. Ultimately, we want the End of Dragons metas to be a staple of the endgame open world experience, like the Heart of Thorns metas. We'll be taking the first step towards addressing this in the March 15 build.

i barely post something to the forums, but the DE Meta made me look at the posts a little bit more then normal.

may i ask what was changed in the march 15 patch?

buffing the rewards a little bit ? i think thats not enough. to be honest if i want the legendary component that drops from the meta i can do dragonstorm everyday while being nearly asleep to get this reward. 20 mins of time invest , 100% success.

i was lucky enough to finish this meta 3 times now over the past weeks. i tried about 10 times (not sure). 

today i had 2 encounters with a total time invest of 4 hours (i dont have 4 hours everyday for a single event with bad rewards)

both squads were well sorted with alac and quick in every subgroup. both were the same silly situation with a lot of tails , more then in the successful encounters. and what about that feeling in the protective crystals where you think you live in a pinball machine ?

so whats the point of repeating this everyday ? i really like to repeat all other metas , not daily but often. 

what i ask myself : how do you want to control the quality (thats not meant in a negative way) of a 50 player squad?

i do fracs strikes raids too , and i know what to expect from these encounters, but we are talking about open world here.

when i finished it those 3 times i was happy , of course, but i knew i never had it under control myself , that was just pure luck and i played my role.

i felt exhausted too , not something i really like when i play a game to relax to get my head free of the stress of a hard work day

in open world im not interested to repeat an event only with super organized squads via discord or whatever. i want to look at the event timer , join a squad at a given time and want to be successful (really for what else would i join, to try hard and pray for perfect builds with knowledge of every second of a mechanic of the whole team? not really, thats frustrating)

and btw. i have never seen such a huge load of negative comments on a specific event ever, thats new. but i understand why.

to make it clear , yes there should be challenging content in a game like gw2, but thats just not place to implement that. this shoudl be kept split up like it was.

AND what makes me really sad: you write there will be changes , and the only change i felt is that you can buy the turtle reward now.  and on the same day the first skins go on sale ... i mean seriously , are we that far already? (btw i bought alot from the gem store , i play since the first beta ! and gw1 before that) 

cheers and please do something ! i dont want this to end up in a situation where you need to plan to build a group once a week with known players from some communities via voice chat only. people will turn away from that event in general.

thanks for reading my 5 cents about this , and sorry english is not my native language

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, ludwigma.2385 said:

[...]

buffing the rewards a little bit ? i think thats not enough. to be honest if i want the legendary component that drops from the meta i can do dragonstorm everyday while being nearly asleep to get this reward. 20 mins of time invest , 100% success.

[...]

You get an additional Antique Summoning Stone now which still goes for 13~14G on the TP, which is quite generous.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 5

13 minutes ago, Raizel.8175 said:

You get an additional Antique Summoning Stone now which still goes for 13~14G on the TP, which is quite generous.

yes sure, but i can get 5 of them with little effort a week which is totally ok for me, without the time invest of multiple hours and all i have written above. nothing changed for me with this new "reward"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Scale down the Jade Maw Event on the map, stop giving us Champ and elite Colossus! It scales way to high! Either lower it OR GET RID OF THE USE FOR IT! NO ONE CAN BEAT IT WITH 30+ PEOPLE AROUND IT!

I remember when guild wars 2 used to be fun, enjoyable, but the last 3 weeks (and maybe a bit longer for some) I have noticed it has started to become, tedious, insufferable, to the point of wanting to beat up a baby  choya or quaggan.

Either you fix this crap ANET, Or I will quit this game (which I have loved since beta) and take as many people with me to a more superior game. (at this point even maple story was starting to look better then you >=(

Edited by Zabi Zabi.3561
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Zabi Zabi.3561 said:

Scale down the Jade Maw Event on the map, stop giving us Champ and elite Colossus! It scales way to high! Either lower it OR GET RID OF THE USE FOR IT! NO ONE CAN BEAT IT WITH 30+ PEOPLE AROUND IT!

I remember when guild wars 2 used to be fun, enjoyable, but the last 3 weeks (and maybe a bit longer for some) I have noticed it has started to become, tedious, insufferable, to the point of wanting to beat up a baby  choya or quaggan.

Either you fix this crap ANET, Or I will quit this game (which I have loved since beta) and take as many people with me to a more superior game. (at this point even maple story was starting to look better then you >=(

Well, we've had two updates today. Since none of them mentioned scaling, the reality is "Get Good" or you know your options. Not what any of us want to see. It's coming from the developers and the 5-10% base so it's what is the rule of the game is now.

Like I said this game morphed into a Tiered Open World experience game. The choice is play what you can, find a group or guild to do it with or don't(because even many of the 50 or so trying can't). Or this just isn't a game for Open World players anymore. Everything Pre EoD is fare game and can be completed with groups successfully. At least until they get an upgrade that is.

The hope is what I just said is not true. That we can believe Josh Davis when it was said "Ultimately, we want the End of Dragons metas to be a staple of the endgame open world experience, like the Heart of Thorns metas. " I do have a very real concern with that statement also as it notes "endgame open world experience". End game can mean a lot of different things in the game. That is good! However, EoD is showing us that it now means open world riads as metas. Only slight changes have been made to facilitate Heart of Thorns meta likeness. Changes that according to other posters and, having given it another 2 more tries, myself have still not yielded a win. Nothing like the average "Heart of Thorns" like metas. Unless of course it's meant the "release Heart of Thorns" metas the ones players were complaining about, even the l33tz and top 5% of skilled players, just like this and it was scaled down 3 or 4 times If I recall correctly? Even the top 5% cry about scaling and issues then go and find ways to solo raid bosses!?!?! HOW THAT's conceivable I just don't know, I thought most raids required at least 3 other players for mechanic style maps.

All THAT being said from a PvEr and those that know me know I am and  I'm likely older than Inks I can say that if you have a decent build, do the meta pre-events, have the Jade Bot so that it revives you 20% faster, can hold 4 charges and max the Jade Bot Defensive & Offensive, then you are well on your way to being a force multiplier. The biggest issues are:

1. RNG needs to be removed to instances only.
  2. Add more time

The rgn needs some major work. But tbh the biggest deal is moving left and right when the tail hit is active. Then the is the old l33tz battle cry of "WP if your downed" and yes that works here too. It consumes time but it can also be of help than having half your force down.

The time on the other hand is another story. We all know that given time even one player will be able to bring down the roughest toughest foe with no armor and white weapons. That's not something they want and it's not something I am particularly inclined for either. However, I have seen the 3% health with over a minute far too many times to care any more. It just needs more. It looks like they have adjusted some of the timing and they HAVE BEEN listening I have noticed timers for things that were not there before, I'm not positive but I also think they added some timer pauses by removing the count down from some areas that was taking precious time from the player as the system went about it's yapping and story telling.

The real proof will be in about a week or so when no one is doing it anymore and just the events. That's already started. Absolute proof will be in the next release whenever that will be. If it is scaled the same way as EoD proof positive Guild Wars 2 is no longer for the PvE / casual player. 👀👀👀👀

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

Since we gotta "shell-abrate EoD" according to today's email, could we get a "Properly Tail-ored Meta" achievement for killing I don't know... 100 tails? I mean, 100 or 200 so it lasts at least 3 or 4 attempts.

Jokes aside, 11th attempt, weirdly could move to the map where some friends were already fighting the boss. I arrived to basically 20 if not more people being downed to the slam attack and some more every switching. It failed at like 40%, of course. Nothing I singlehandely could solve even if I was the world top player. You depend on everyone else. And of course I just bought the egg and I'm not coming back. You can have your staple meta Anet. Even the forced strike will be a lot more bearable whenever I feel like trying it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Bruh, you should have nerfed the event instead of making the mount available through other means. Other MMOs make you grind actual hard content like actual hard raids like in WoW for a cool mount for example. I grinded the mount in the first three days without having proper sleep due to so many maps failing due to all these casuals not knowing what mechanics, quickness, alac, dps and other stuff are (main reason why we should be able to kick people from maps and require LI and proper builds). I love gw2, don't get me wrong but I think gw2 should have prestigious rewards without any other means to get them like other successful MMOs (Even ESO does this better). I play since 2012 but it saddens me how easy and casual the game has become. Veterans literally get little to no reward at all. The turtle is now useless since y'all have a way to get it easily without actually earning it. What a shame. This event actually had potential to properly even give people a slight glimpse of raids and its rewards as fractals failed horribly as a raid introduction. Call me an elitist, but I think this game has been holding everyone's hands for too long. There's nothing to do for long term veterans anymore except weekly raids or waiting for new content sadly. 

I'm sure the majority of veterans feels the same. It kinda feels like a slap in the face to actually dedicated people who got the mount the "hard" way. Why else do you think there's no difficulty setting in soulslike games? That's right! You have to earn your reward. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 12

5 hours ago, Zabi Zabi.3561 said:

If you can't beat simple elite and champs that melt within seconds y'all are either lacking CC or experienced or both. Bosses scale with players and if some randos stay dead instead of waypointing then just spam /w at them until they leave the map or wp. 

Gw2 used to be fun sure but only in the years before HoT came out which got worse with the release of raids as everyone called experience players with brains elitists. I miss those old days too though back when Lion's Arch was actually Lion's Arch and only dungeons existed even though we all kicked rangers immediately. Better times actually. People knew their stuff back then. Now it's only flashing skins and titles and stuff without actual value. You can't even make friends anymore these days. 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 10

34 minutes ago, Cynder.2509 said:

If you can't beat simple elite and champs that melt within seconds y'all are either lacking CC or experienced or both. Bosses scale with players and if some randos stay dead instead of waypointing then just spam /w at them until they leave the map or wp. 

Gw2 used to be fun sure but only in the years before HoT came out which got worse with the release of raids as everyone called experience players with brains elitists. I miss those old days too though back when Lion's Arch was actually Lion's Arch and only dungeons existed even though we all kicked rangers immediately. Better times actually. People knew their stuff back then. Now it's only flashing skins and titles and stuff without actual value. You can't even make friends anymore these days. 

You sound like one of those "elitest get gud scrub" shouting players! >=( 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I made my first attempt at the meta finally.  Failed with 15% health left.  This is giving me some really big Serpent's Ire flashbacks.  Particularly the part about how handling overworld players is like herding cats.  A great deal of frustration comes from the fact that, ultimately, I'm not actually in control over whether this event succeeds or not.  I can type out instructions until my fingers swell with indignant rage, but that isn't going to get somebody to listen.  The map I was on had a litany of problems, now present in litan form:

1. No communication from the players.  Nobody would type out what their skills are or their role.  Even when asking people in my own subgroup via party chat what they were doing, I was greeted with only silence.  Because I had to do this on my engineer, the best I could do is improvise a heal-quickness scrapper.  I think I was the only boon source for my party.  
  2. Nobody would split up.  At first, nobody would branch out to attempt to create other squads.  It was all just one guy.  Then, when I and other people did try to make our own squads, nobody would join or organize.  They all just piled into the first squad.  The commander had to put odd designations in chat with the hopes that people would listen.   Predictably, they didn't.
  3. Nobody would do the mechanics right during the final fight.  Bubbles were un-popped, geysers were never CC'd, and splitting for the bosses was a pain.  Half the squad died to the first shockwave.
  4. The boss attacks being random can lead to some bad RNG.  In particular, near the end of the fight the boss proceeded to use the side-switching attack 3 times in a row.  

The final part of the fight was just a mess.  People were constantly bubbled, in  geyser, or chasing the boss around.  If I were to levy my biggest complaint about the fight itself, it would be that the Geyer's CC bar is too hard.  This whole thing was designed assuming that all players would have a capped Elecromagical Pulse 2.0 equipped.  When my teammates were geysered, hitting them with pulse + thunderclap + rocket charge + spare capacitor + blast gyro... barely moved the bar.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

17 minutes ago, Cynder.2509 said:

prestigious rewards without any other means to get them like other successful MMOs (Even ESO does this better)

This "prestigious" reward was

1. A box item and
  2. Not usable in any other mode than PvE (WvW hopes for it and I hope to see it in WvW).

The "prestigious" you look for is the legendary armor that's all shiny with fringe animations. The exclusive use of the Legendary Armory. Legendary IS the "prestigious" rewards. If that's not what floats your skiff than you should be complaining to them. A majority of PvE/Casuals are not likely to pursue such a lengthy commitment to be 100% Legendary.

I am a veteran, I began with Guild Wars (1) near it's launch, I might not be a majority, but you need to look at what was presented to players too (no matter their skill or play style) and the mount was stated to be "easier and faster to get" than the Skyscale or the griffon. Now yes it has been fast on the back end after buying (or winning) the egg. There is still the matter of failed metas and events (Jade Maw in DE & Leviathan in SP) stopping me I apparently can't catch them at the times when players are succeeding at them. Only tonight did I get the Jade Maw. Yes, sure I carried a few players in that event I wasn't downed near as much as them. But, where they new? Probably I didn't see high level master's on all of them. Did I yell at them and call them names? No, I revived them. I stated what needs to be done. I received a few "I know" and I just kept reviving. And throwing the shards at the Maw. I arrived at 40ish % and I helped out, that's what a dedicated & prestigious player does in my opinion. I didn't rub it in their faces, I didn't make them feel bad in any way. In fact they made me feel good with the thanks.

As far as "dedicated people", I'm curious. How many days have you missed in guild Wars 2 since launch? I can count that number on 1 maybe 2 hands. I have played or made a valid attempt at every piece of content they have released that in the game. I/We have spent thousands of dollars on this game. Dedication is a matter of perspective. The ability to bring a particular set of skills from one game into another and achieve such difficult wins is not dedication. It's skills. Good job on obtaining them, I know it's not easy to get there. That still does not lessen or change what is going on. There are a large number (if this post is any indicator) of players that have a problem with what is being stated as "Open World Endgame Experience". In particular the battle for the Jade Sea and much of that is likely due to Turtle and it's acquisition. It won't change that there are many who will still be upset at not being able to beat SooWon, I for one, or their views on meta events. What about a year from now or two years, do you think it will make newer players happy? No not likely. Not unless they bring a guild with them or join one that can do these events. What about the small guilds and groups? Are they to be left out and ignored? My small group is proud of having earned their GH and looking forward to the new one. ArenaNet had issues with "mega Guilds" are they now saying that's the only guild they want in the game? I don't think so. I'm sure they want smaller guilds to be part of larger ones that would certainly solve some of their problems. But we belonged to quite a few larger guilds before leaving, for lack of well everything we wanted to do in the game, and creating our own and working hard to capture our Guild Halls.

The fact is the players who screamed and cried for "challenging Content" where

1. Still the ones beating up champions in Queens Dale instead of Frostgorge sound! Until it was changed.
  2. Given RAIDs as part of the "Challenging Content" where they complained it didn't reward enough. and now don't have enough players to keep that form being produced.
  3. Been given the most useful tools in the game to acquire Legendary gear and Legendary Armory.

So gating or blocking is only hurting you. When you could be taking the time to train others up, it's how we learned. But then it became toxic and gated so we stopped playing the content. Just like we will EoD.

So yes players that want to do learn, but forcing them won't go the way you think it never does. Forcing endgame RAID content that they choose to call PvE end game into the open world, clearly that just isn't setting well. There is a balance to be had I hope they find it soon. If "dedicated people" and "prestigious" players are not able to see this and stop pointing fingers and accusing others of "Get Good or Get Gone", well it's only going to hurt the game. None of us want that, right?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

I made my first attempt at the meta finally.  Failed with 15% health left.  This is giving me some really big Serpent's Ire

Another wonderful meta that gets too little attention. I used to run some metas for that, it can be rough No where near as bad as SooWon. But then again both are not getting the play they deserve in my opinion. Serpent's was fun.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1