Anet, The longer you stall the adjustments to DE meta the worse it will get

Just now, InvaGir.9158 said:

Lets be fair here. The longer you stall the adjustments(or nerfs if you decide to do that) this meta will eventually die and get forgotten over time

Currently the people who are doing this are getting burned and more frustrated. You will eventually fix it just like you did before with other events but the thing is that by far this is the worst of everything you've made in the past.

The longer you stall it the more frustrated people will get, and when you will eventually do fix it people will only join for the collections and never look back

Is this what you really want? Is this what you had planned from the beginning?

And lets be honest, this bs and I'm not sorry for my language is literally creating a division in the community and encourages trolls to do heat up arguments even more

and oh boy you have no idea how bad that looks for new players that this crap is just being ignored

They will fix it when almost no one buys their turtle skins

• Like 20
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 18
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, Drakth.1875 said:

They sure gonna feel the pain in their wallet just for that

But they will probably fix it before and too late and maybe it will convince a minority to redo it 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Drakth.1875 said:

And by then it will be too late. I dont think they understand how many casuals vs raiders they actually have.. and how many of those casuals just simply come on for the little time they do have, do some open world stuff, pay some money to get cool stuff on the shop.. then come back next time they can play. 

Honestly as many have said, its a simple fix. Move the flipping turtle to something else much easier and give the meta more rewards for those wanting to do that kind of thing. Im not even asking for it to get nerfed. Just want a turtle and ill never freaking touch whatever gives a turtle again.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, MechanicalMind.9126 said:

And by then it will be too late. I dont think they understand how many casuals vs raiders they actually have.. and how many of those casuals just simply come on for the little time they do have, do some open world stuff, pay some money to get cool stuff on the shop.. then come back next time they can play. 

Honestly as many have said, its a simple fix. Move the flipping turtle to something else much easier and give the meta more rewards for those wanting to do that kind of thing. Im not even asking for it to get nerfed. Just want a turtle and ill never freaking touch whatever gives a turtle again.

I honestly don't really want the turtle. I don't mind people getting it but I really don't want this meta to die

Its fun until you get to the boss part and they should just remove the RNG kitten from it and it will be good to go

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I am pretty sure they are not ignoring it and working on it. But you should give them time to do it properly. This whole meta debate really brings out the ugliness of some parts of the community. It’s funny how casuals always say that the raiding community would be so toxic and rude but reading all this from self proclaimed casuals … 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 8
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 15
  • Sad 1

Just now, InvaGir.9158 said:

I honestly don't really want the turtle. I don't mind people getting it but I really don't want this meta to die

Its fun until you get to the boss part and they should just remove the RNG kitten from it and it will be good to go

I mean as a casual i dont want the open world raid to die for you either, which is why im totally for upping the rewards for doing a 2 hour meta that has the possibility of failing but if you do make it.. cha ching for you guys..  The turtle just needs to be elsewhere. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, yoni.7015 said:

I am pretty sure they are not ignoring it and working on it. But you should give them time to do it properly. This whole meta debate really brings out the ugliness of some parts of the community 

This division is seriously the one thing I never thought I'd see in this community

I know toxicity exist but it mostly stays on the PvP territory not PvE and indeed it is really ugly and needs to be stopped.

I also hope Anet are working on a fix but its a shame they wont let us know if they really do so we just have to let it continue

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

i'm curious why they are so slow with it

1. are some trying to nerf it but the "10 year epic conclusion" dreamers arent budging?
  2. are they trying to find out exactly what to nerf and how? extend timer might break the whole thing, instanced version will take weeks if not months to implement, so on.
  3. why arent they saying anything at all?
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, InvaGir.9158 said:

This division is seriously the one thing I never thought I'd see in this community

I know toxicity exist but it mostly stays on the PvP territory not PvE and indeed it is really ugly and needs to be stopped.

I also hope Anet are working on a fix but its a shame they wont let us know if they really do so we just have to let it continue

It is one week after the expansion came out. I am sure they have a lot of work right now. They are not bad people that want us to suffer. Better they take their time to do it properly. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

This is what happens when people rush out to rip through new content in 1 week. Don't be like that. 

There isn't ACTUALLY a problem with the meta or it's difficulty. The 'problem' (and even this is debatable) is that the turtle is locked behind the meta and the RNG associated.  Personally I don't see the issue with that, at least nothing massive; somehow it's unreasonable that you need to do content to get something in an MMO all the sudden and it's a problem if you can't get it immediately. WEIRD

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 2
  • Confused 19

2 minutes ago, MechanicalMind.9126 said:

I mean as a casual i dont want the open world raid to die for you either, which is why im totally for upping the rewards for doing a 2 hour meta that has the possibility of failing but if you do make it.. cha ching for you guys..  The turtle just needs to be elsewhere. 

Its not a open world raid nor it should be

difficulty is not an issue either. Its not that hard...

Its just RNG that gets in your way of succeeding it because someone in the office thought it was a good idea adding it.

Seems like it affects other collections too from what I saw for the ascended weapons collection with fishing.

RNG is the enemy of all players. Casuals, Raiders, Cats, Whatever

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Are they waiting for some New World-esque catastrophic exodus until they do something??? 

Path of Fire didn't have this huge of problem. 

Honestly, the biggest problem here more than the meta itself is Turtle Gate.  

They didn't gate the Griffin, the roller beetle, the skyscale even inside an atrocious RAID. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

It is one week after the expansion came out. I am sure they have a lot of work right now. They are not bad people that want us to suffer. 

I mean i totally agree. I dont think they wanted to make us suffer either. To be fair though i dont think they really thought this expansion through. But i mean i do think they will fix it eventually haha.

Edited by MechanicalMind.9126
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, DragonSlayer.1087 said:

Are they waiting for some New World-esque catastrophic exodus until they do something??? 

Path of Fire didn't have this huge of problem. 

Honestly, the biggest problem here more than the meta itself is Turtle Gate.  

They didn't gate the Griffin, the roller beetle, the skyscale even inside an atrocious RAID. 

The turtle is not gated behind a raid. 

• Haha 4
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, MechanicalMind.9126 said:

I mean i totally agree. I dont think they wanted to make us suffer either. To be fair though i dont think they really thought this expansion through. I mean sure they wanted to do something cool no doubt, i just think instead of upping the difficulty a little, they just upped it to an 11/10 instead of like a 8 or 9... at least for trying to get 50 people all rubbing their bellies and patting their heads at the right time. 

I wouldn’t even say that. The expansion is not more difficult. There may be a problem with the ED meta, but that’s all. All the other events and metas are not difficult. The new strike missions are not really that hard either. They just take longer than the old ones. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

Just now, yoni.7015 said:

I wouldn’t even say that. The expansion is not more difficult. There may be a problem with the ED meta, but that’s all. All the other events and metas are not difficult. The new strike missions are not really that difficult. They just take longer than the old ones. 

Actually, This expansion feels a little easier than the previous ones. Even with the new mobs shenanigans like mass evading and cloaking you can still wreck them back to hell...Also more vets and elites than champions in comparison to PoF and HoT

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Im a farmer, I casually have played this game taking part in its hard content and enjoyed it but Dragons end and 22 failed attempts later made legit close the game renew my subscription ff14 after 1 year of preparing and waiting for end of dragons only to get close to the end and see all that toxicity in the playerbase rear its ugly head, all that elitest git gud trash talk... and all the blame and pointing fingers crap... ff14 is the only mmo ive ever played where if i said im super rusty and expect to let everyone down the group is super supportive of you and understands kitten happens, hell even their design philosophy and class changes were done so minion builds dont just sit their and auto attack instead to summon a minion to auto attack you need to do a rotation of 6 keys and the minion despawns after big dps.

a net has spent 9 odd years with the play however you like motto not forcing anyone into any sort of build unless it was for raids or fractals, this meta is so alienating and so disgustingly bad and has torn huge divide between the player base of hard core players and casuals that play the game after a long day at work just to unwind and not deal with peoples dung

atleast in ff14 if i dont want to do hard content im rewarded equally by chopping logs or doing fates or doing early dungeons to help leveling players 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, yoni.7015 said:

The new strike missions are not really that difficult. They just take longer than the old ones. 

to be fair i'm sure thats what raiders say about raids, especially the top 1%

between the comment about turtle gated by "raid" and the other post (https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/109831-if-you-beat-the-dragons-end-meta-for-the-turtle-mount-your-headache-isnt-over-just-yet/) Somehow part of the community is so repulsed by raids even the mention of something similar is outright denied without giving it a chance

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Peterson.5172 said:

between the comment about turtle gated by "raid" and the other post (https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/109831-if-you-beat-the-dragons-end-meta-for-the-turtle-mount-your-headache-isnt-over-just-yet/) Somehow part of the community is so repulsed by raids even the mention of something similar is outright denied without giving it a chance

Players should at least give the new strike missions a try before  they complain  

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 1
  • Confused 13

They need to at least acknowledge it soon, or people will give up and move on quickly.

I understand their want to make the difficulty of this fight match the weight it holds in the overall game and story, but Anet has always spoken about how they want to create a game that meets players where they are at. They have continuously made decisions that encourage theorycrafting and casual game play, while focusing on adding in more difficult content for those who want it (Raids, CM fractals, and now CM strikes). Anet has also been vocal about not wanting to make the difficult content a roadblock to progress for those who are not interested- this is why raid gear does not carry better stats than ascended or legendary from other sources, it is purely for looks and equivalent to the "I'm rich you know" title- it provides no value but as a token of ego.

The problem Anet has created now is they've leaned hard into pleasing the player base who beg for more difficult open world content, which is a small number compared to those who play the game simply because its systems and mechanics provide a more pleasurable and repeatable experience above games that lock progress behind hard content like Destiny 2. As a result, a toxic environment is quickly forming around the DE meta, where hardcore players are demanding arbitrary proof that you can "do the thing" like tokens from raids or specific armor pieces. As if these things make someone capable- like they couldn't just link them from the Wiki, or purchase a raid run through the many (and only) LFG advertisements.

Anet- you need to speak up. Your community is splitting, and your lack of response or acknowledgement that there are ways to do this better is a silent echo. You presented the Siege Turtle as one of the main selling points of your game, and yet you have locked it behind hard content and removed the ability for the vast majority of your playerbase to achieve full value from the product you have sold them. This is not akin to Griffon or Skyscale, both of which were additions and one of which was free so the time cost was understood. People will not only vote with their time, but also with their wallets- not everyone can or wants to buy an expansion day 1. For many this will be enough to avoid buying the pack altogether. Please Anet, fix it soon.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Peterson.5172 said:

you know why part of the community is repulsed by raids? its because its been gate kepted by elitest requiring proof of success, raid sellers advertising to sell you a spot in a successful raid... every time i look on the lfg for raids i am utterly disgusted.

if i join a raid I expect to fail a few times doesnt mean i should be excluded for lack of raiding experience or total number of wins

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Drakth.1875 said:

Yep! I'm a mount skin buyer, I've spend hundreds on them alone and I was looking forward to buying skins for the Turtle as well - and I WILL once I get it. They're literally stopping me from giving them money right now lol.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2