Anet, The longer you stall the adjustments to DE meta the worse it will get

2 minutes ago, Izzy.2951 said:

I think this is a pretty good move by Arenanet, people will kinda leave the game after getting the turtle, not getting it INSTATLY will make them come back and keep playing.

No it's doing the opposite. People are going back to other games because they can't unlock the Turtle. Most I've spoken to say they'll never go back to that map again once they do get the Turtle. That's a problem for anyone new in the future who wants the Turtle but can't find people to do it.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

"The worst it will get"

It's been a week. A week. Holy heck.

They already said they were testing changes with this. It IS the right move. 10 years of updates have showed us people eventually get used to meta or some update happen to reach an acceptable success rate.

Seriously this non stop outrage over things that are mere inconvenience is absolutely ridiculous.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8

6 minutes ago, Caitybee.3614 said:

No it's doing the opposite. People are going back to other games because they can't unlock the Turtle. Most I've spoken to say they'll never go back to that map again once they do get the Turtle. That's a problem for anyone new in the future who wants the Turtle but can't find people to do it.

Drama, the mount is not neccesary for anything, same as Griffon or Skyscake with the difference these ones makes your life MUCH easier. 

Belive me after you get your mount, you will see its kinda useless or boring, and leave to play somethingelse. So making it that you dont get it instatly is good.

PD: Really theres quite a lot of people here that want things for free, come play gw2 for 1 week and leave, its supposed to be a long term mmo. Idk getting ur turtle in 2-3 weeks is not that much drama.

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 6

10 minutes ago, Izzy.2951 said:

PD: Really theres quite a lot of people here that want things for free, come play gw2 for 1 week and leave, its supposed to be a long term mmo. Idk getting ur turtle in 2-3 weeks is not that much drama.

This is not about getting something for free, if you've finished the story line, then you should get your egg, because it was dependent upon you, and not 49 other people.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

The best thing they can do IMO is to add longer timers for decreased rewards, just like Icebrood Saga strikes have.  This preserves the mechanical difficulty of the fight, but gives less optimized groups what they need most in such a demanding encounter: time to actually figure it out and do it.

The current timer becomes the Gold tier.  Maybe +5 minutes becomes Silver tier, then +5 minutes beyond that is bronze tier.  After that time is up, then the meta fails, but you still have 150% of the current timeframe to complete it.

Current rewards, though, should be Silver tier at best.  This event really needs better rewards for the time and difficulty of it, not a bunch of blue and green UnID'd gear.

Edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Izzy.2951 said:

Drama, the mount is not neccesary for anything, same as Griffon or Skyscake with the difference these ones makes your life MUCH easier. 

Belive me after you get your mount, you will see its kinda useless or boring, and leave to play somethingelse. So making it that you dont get it instatly is good.

OUCH ... hold on. No one is asking for anything FOR FREE. That's just dismissal of what is a concern to people. As useless or boring as Turtle is, that's a reason to NOT lock it behind an endgame meta. You are right, it's an RP mount to make memes. Anet should have locked it behind a game of Simon Says, not an endgame meta. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Peterson.5172 said:

i'm curious why they are so slow with it

1. are some trying to nerf it but the "10 year epic conclusion" dreamers arent budging?

Epicness its about visuals, music, "atmosphere", history telling.. Dragon Stand was never so hard, and only dont feel epic more cuz i did it like 40++ times.

The Big Dragon, some tension about "fail" a fly, or not breaking his bar.., the music.

The real "hard part" of Dragon Stand inst even the boss, but the Blight Towers is where fails was concentrated.. but, epicness was on final boss.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416

2 hours ago, Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:

The best thing they can do IMO is to add longer timers for decreased rewards, just like Icebrood Saga strikes have. 

im against even that, all this disaster started with IceBrood Saga boss designs.

The Strikes on IceBrood Saga was never meant to replace Raids, Fractals or map metas, was just a "simple" training ground. and was doing well. even with Eod lauch theres still groups doing IBS strikes, theres a relative sucess.

but IBS strikes sucess dont mean that mixing it with metas, or make them the main instaced content will be a sucess. To me Fractals is still the best instanced content.

Also another thing borrowed from Icebrood Saga, is the time comsuption mechanic of the bosses of the freaking DRM's, when loss some % of hp, its lazy and annoying mechanics, its build nothing(unlike the mechanic of chack gerent that build a debuff).

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Peterson.5172 said:

oh i just remembered, the big one at 60% or something

basically you kill mobs, they drop the things, you pick them up and when full you get a special action skill (spear something), then select soo-won by tabbing (she's the whirlpool itself), then throw the spear to break her bar

the visual pollution is so enourmes that i just see nothing.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Izzy.2951 said:

no one wants it for free they want a fair fight for a fun little reward that the expansion pack was partly sold on. If you do not get the turtle then you cannot get any spirit shards in EoD. the skyscale and griffon have been cake walks compared to some of the people i have talked to who have hit 20 attempts on the boss and failed. Think about that. 20 freaking hours doing nothing but that one meta and failing. each. and. every. time. that is not fun for them and i caint blame them for leaving. i was lucky enough to get my turtle. I aint touching DE every again till they either boost the map population to around 100 people or add at most 5 minutes to the fight. The meta asks to much for casual players who may only have 2-3 hours free to play this game at night. they just want to sit down and play their fun dragon game not feel anxious for an hour+ on a map with 60 other folks and wonder if this time will be the time that the boss doesn't kitten them over. that the 59 other people in that fight are raiders. 

The fight needs to be scaled around so non organized groups can take it down just like with dragon stand, dragon fall, and dragon storm. you want hard content raids are right over there. you want folks to get into raids. tell um to start with strikes and learn what those require of you. NOTHING in basic pve that has these kinds of rewards placed behind them requires you to run like this meta does. no one is asking for the turtle or the kill to be free. they just want it fair. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, Skerrit.7105 said:

Boycott the store entirely.  If they are locking most people out of content we already paid for, don't give them a penny more.

Even from a financial standpoint it doesn't make sense. I've bought a lot of mount skins and there's tons of variety in any single mount category.

It would make them more money if everyone could get turtle and buy skins for it.

I can safely say I'd probably buy at least one turtle mount skin, but that generally requires the turtle being obtainable. I don't have a reason to consider skins until then.

I genuinely don't mind that the difficulty exists, but it's plainly in the wrong spot given the history of GW2 content, especially mounts/masteries.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Skerrit.7105 said:

Boycott the store entirely.  If they are locking most people out of content we already paid for, don't give them a penny more.

Quite sad cause I love the art team in this company and I love supporting the company that way. 

It really sucks that the entire team's reputation is being tainted because someone higher up decided to go this route. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

I don't know if people who beat it are serious or just trolling

Nothing to be proud of that your instance got the lucky one with Soo-Won being less of a dipshit

Pathetic that some of you feel superior for being lucky and think you have the right to lash out on other people

So now and forever and again and nothing changes it....difficulty is not the issue its the cursed RNG kitten 

It needs adjustments asap

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, MechanicalMind.9126 said:

And by then it will be too late. I dont think they understand how many casuals vs raiders they actually have.. and how many of those casuals just simply come on for the little time they do have, do some open world stuff, pay some money to get cool stuff on the shop.. then come back next time they can play. 

Honestly as many have said, its a simple fix. Move the flipping turtle to something else much easier and give the meta more rewards for those wanting to do that kind of thing. Im not even asking for it to get nerfed. Just want a turtle and ill never freaking touch whatever gives a turtle again.

They have analytics to tell them how long people are playing. They are just slow to react. Remember the massive uproar when they released HoT without an additional character slot for Revenant? They didn't respond, while the forums went up in flames over the weekend before finally fixing it. They don't take player dissatisfaction seriously. Heading home at five seems to be more of a priority. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, InvaGir.9158 said:

I don't know if people who beat it are serious or just trolling

Nothing to be proud of that your instance got the lucky one with Soo-Won being less of a dipshit

Pathetic that some of you feel superior for being lucky and think you have the right to lash out on other people

So now and forever and again and nothing changes it....difficulty is not the issue its the cursed RNG kitten 

It needs adjustments asap

its crazy but today i helped a ele to reach some masteries points, it didnt have skycale. hes speaky spanish only, and have 5k ap only, and its have the turtle lol.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, yoni.7015 said:

or maybe it just takes time and can’t be fixed over night? Why don’t give them time to do it properly? Why assume they have bad intentions? 

Posting an update stating that the players have been heard and they're currently considering what to do takes no effort. They employ people to do so (hi, Rubi!), but they're going classic Anet and don't communicate at all during a player 'crisis'. They've been through enough, they should have learned by now that not responding quickly always leads to more negativity.

The lack of response is now tainting the release of an expac that's needed for the game to survive. Considering that NC Soft scrapped the other projects under development (as far as I know) that seems to be a poor choice.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Obtena.7952 said:

OUCH ... hold on. No one is asking for anything FOR FREE. That's just dismissal of what is a concern to people. As useless or boring as Turtle is, that's a reason to NOT lock it behind an endgame meta. You are right, it's an RP mount to make memes. Anet should have locked it behind a game of Simon Says, not an endgame meta. 

And whats the fun of doing an event or random thing clicking 1 that you cant fail, and getting a useless mount? I mean for me the most fun part was beating the meta and making a proper team. (and being able to see the post-meta lore)

Okay i guess just for collecting more and more items even if they are ultraboring is cool. They will change it ofc, but idk why people gets annoyed when they call Gw2 a hyper-casual game, and try to say oh its not just casual.

I just hope arenanet adds and infusion or smething big for the meta.

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Confused 5

This isn't the only video game company I've seen act like a deer in the headlights when there's a crisis. It's their own loss, too. FFXIV got a stellar reputation from listening closely to feedback and making changes based on it, and is profiting from it. All these studios do with their slowness and stubbornness is shoot themselves in the foot.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Not only that, they need entirely revamp and add some rewards like research notes, jade chunks, cores for Jade bot, or blueprint for said cores from the meta itself.

I can't believe they just make this meta entirely pointless, because people will surely finish it once AND NEVER COME BACK. Of all meta, I enjoy coming back leading non-stop train of DrizzleWood for hours, because they give really great reward, and after years, HoT metas are still great, because of, again, THE REWARD. 

Not counting PoF, because this is exactly what happens when you tied Griffon to bounties and events, which I'm glad still doable with just few people, but by now, most players gottem griffons, and they only come back for just the Pinata and daily bounty, that's it. There's once I helped my friend's Griffon funding, and it took me HOURS to finally get 3 more people, and we 5-manned the Facet bounty, along with the meta where we have to free someone's wife, not to mention one annoying spirit that later turns into a Champion Djjn.

This turtle is locked behind 2 hours of frustration and 20 minutes of desperation with nothing good in return, only to discourage players from even trying further. Anet knew they could just put this into instance, and they didn't.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Well, took 2 characters with 3 separate builds for 8 failed attempts - I am DONE Anet. I'm never stepping foot into that map again unless something is done about the silly meta RNG.

This is how you kill a game.

Edited by Caitybee.3614
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

This meta event is BADLY designed, period. I've lost count how many attempts I've made at this. Just finished one and we began with a fresh map and had a full squad of 50. We had extremely high DPS and melted her quickly at the beginning. What we can't control is the outrageous number of bites and tails switches she does. Which I'd swear the Dev's turned them up today, not down!

I'm getting sick and tired of the narcissistic "git gud" conversation too. If you want someone to "learn" something, that's comes from repetition. You don't put a gigantic barrier like a 2 hr meta event in the way. When you can only do something once an evening, maybe twice if you're lucky, that's not a well designed "learning experience".

The other problem becoming evident is even finding Meta Maps and people willing to tag up as that supply is quickly evaporating! Where's all these "super players" and "git gud" guilds now? I only see pugs running the Meta.

So yes, this is infuriating and needs to be fixed. What we better see soon is Anet Tags running this map with us. This lack of support might be more infuriating than the meta event itself.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Pretty Pixie.8603 said:

Posting an update stating that the players have been heard and they're currently considering what to do takes no effort. They employ people to do so (hi, Rubi!), but they're going classic Anet and don't communicate at all during a player 'crisis'. They've been through enough, they should have learned by now that not responding quickly always leads to more negativity.

The lack of response is now tainting the release of an expac that's needed for the game to survive. Considering that NC Soft scrapped the other projects under development (as far as I know) that seems to be a poor choice.

44 minutes ago, Labjax.2465 said:

This isn't the only video game company I've seen act like a deer in the headlights when there's a crisis. It's their own loss, too. FFXIV got a stellar reputation from listening closely to feedback and making changes based on it, and is profiting from it. All these studios do with their slowness and stubbornness is shoot themselves in the foot.

The think is what is a crisis? for you guys a crisis is literally anything thats the problem. EoD has been out 1 week, they have updated the meta 2 times already, and they have stated they are tracking down how many ppl are getting turtle to make further changes. What do you want? its just nonsense.

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4