Anet, The longer you stall the adjustments to DE meta the worse it will get

Today I for lulz in expfarming, joined a DE group, it was completely unorganized. But had -very- good rng in boss behavior with minimal swoop interuptions, and getting breakbars in all phases.  It was a fail at 9%.  Had we 2 minutes more the group could have beaten it.

• Like 6

Just now, LucianDK.8615 said:

Today I for lulz in expfarming, joined a DE group, it was completely unorganized. But had -very- good rng in boss behavior with minimal swoop interuptions, and getting breakbars in all phases.  It was a fail at 9%.  Had we 2 minutes more the group could have beaten it.

Yep, I've literally said this event only needs about 10 more minutes max without adjusting anything else and it's doable by majority of players. At least it would boost the success rate from 5% to 30-50%.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, LucianDK.8615 said:

Right? Hahaha. You know there are people that finally got their turtle after like the 31st try? I know a couple people with like.. 22 and i believe 15 (tries on those two btw, they still havent gotten it). Times that with two hours each and thats a lot of hours spent haha. 

Edited by MechanicalMind.9126
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Caitybee.3614 said:

Yep, I've literally said this event only needs about 10 more minutes max without adjusting anything else and it's doable by majority of players. At least it would boost the success rate from 5% to 30-50%.

Personally I think its just the swooping that needs to be reined in, making the encounter more predicatable and allowing people to get used to it. And a little more time.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Shogen.5071 said:

you know why part of the community is repulsed by raids? its because its been gate kepted by elitest requiring proof of success, raid sellers advertising to sell you a spot in a successful raid... every time i look on the lfg for raids i am utterly disgusted.

if i join a raid I expect to fail a few times doesnt mean i should be excluded for lack of raiding experience or total number of wins

I can understand that raid groups want some kind of proof from random players. They don’t know you or your experience. They want to succeed. 
But that’s not the only way to raid or play strike missions. You can find your own group, you don’t have to use the lfg. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

Just now, yoni.7015 said:

I can understand that raid groups want some kind of proof from random players. They want to succeed. 
But that’s not the only way to raid or play strike missions. You can find your own group, you don’t have to use the lfg. 

yeah thats fine but when you start excluding a majority of the community your little sub community gets smaller and smaller! how many lfg do you see advertising raid training these days, how many lfg do you see saying all is welcome lets learn together.... their are virtually none, since raiders in training stopped the raiding community has fallen flat on its kitten due to the gate keeping perfectionist that are so afraid of a few fails

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Just now, Shogen.5071 said:

yeah thats fine but when you start excluding a majority of the community your little sub community gets smaller and smaller! how many lfg do you see advertising raid training these days, how many lfg do you see saying all is welcome lets learn together.... their are virtually none, since raiders in training stopped the raiding community has fallen flat on its kitten due to the gate keeping perfectionist that are so afraid of a few fails

I don’t know if that’s true or if that’s the reason. A lot of raiding happens outside the lfg. There are several raid learning guilds and most players raid with static groups. I would never raid in a pug group. 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Peterson.5172 said:

i'm curious why they are so slow with it

1. are some trying to nerf it but the "10 year epic conclusion" dreamers arent budging?
  2. are they trying to find out exactly what to nerf and how? extend timer might break the whole thing, instanced version will take weeks if not months to implement, so on.
  3. why arent they saying anything at all?

4. Maybe they're waiting until enough players get lucky and complete the thing so they can say something like 'changing it now wouldn't be fair to those who have already done it the epically conclusive way'?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Tachenon.5270 said:

4. Maybe they're waiting until enough players get lucky and complete the thing so they can say something like 'changing it now wouldn't be fair to those who have already done it the epically conclusive way'?

or maybe it just takes time and can’t be fixed over night? Why don’t give them time to do it properly? Why assume they have bad intentions? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

Got this done with some randoms today. Under 10 sec left in timer and run was total kitten show. This probably start to get much easier when people have done it couple times. I still don't really understand that whirplool phase. After that kitten hit the fan every time.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Junkpile.7439 said:

Got this done with some randoms today. Under 10 sec left in timer and run was total kitten show. This probably start to get much easier when people have done it couple times. I still don't really understand that whirplool phase. After that kitten hit the fan every time.

oh i just remembered, the big one at 60% or something

basically you kill mobs, they drop the things, you pick them up and when full you get a special action skill (spear something), then select soo-won by tabbing (she's the whirlpool itself), then throw the spear to break her bar

Edited by Peterson.5172
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, MechanicalMind.9126 said:

Right? Hahaha. You know there are people that finally got their turtle after like the 31st try? I know a couple people with like.. 22 and i believe 15 (tries on those two btw, they still havent gotten it). Times that with two hours each and thats a lot of hours spent haha. 

I dont have time to be waist on garbage meta especially if the margin of success falls into the single digits....  22 tries is enough to say i was beyond depressed at the end and for the final to fail on 1% well im not even going to lie I was considering uninstalling the game with how sick in the stomach i felt getting that close and still failing... some people got it on their first try, this is like that 1 kid that opens a booster pack and gets that 1 yugioh card you want and your stuck opening hundreds only to never get the dam card... its shitful luck of the draw bs that should be left to loot boxes 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

I don’t know if that’s true or if that’s the reason. A lot of raiding happens outside the lfg. There are several raid learning guilds and most players raid with static groups. I would never raid in a pug group. 

Can confirm, as part of a group that teaches others. I too would never raid in a full group of pugs, they can be pretty ridiculous and random in both skill and attitude. Not to mention wanting Druids to do most (if not all) the mechanics instead of learning the mechanics themselves. A mindset I'm personally baffled by, as a FFXIV raider.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, Shogen.5071 said:

I dont have time to be waist on garbage meta especially if the margin of success falls into the single digits....  22 tries is enough to say i was beyond depressed at the end and for the final to fail on 1% well im not even going to lie I was considering uninstalling the game with how sick in the stomach i felt getting that close and still failing... some people got it on their first try, this is like that 1 kid that opens a booster pack and gets that 1 yugioh card you want and your stuck opening hundreds only to never get the dam card... its shitful luck of the draw bs that should be left to loot boxes 

Oh im with you on this friend. I made the time comparison to show how insane it was.  I personally stopped at 3 (tries). Got sick of commanders yelling at people and calling them names haha. I mean i have better games to play if im just going to be forced to deal with that nonsense to be fair.  Especially for a turtle that mechanically sucks. I mean two people are pretty much sitting in a seat to half thier damage just for lots of structural damage? Ok? XD Should have been a side quest imho. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

or maybe it just takes time and can’t be fixed over night? Why don’t give them time to do it properly? Why assume they have bad intentions? 

It's been more than a week since launch, and 'over night' x 4 since the last time someone said anything, and what was said then wasn't particularly encouraging. Meanwhile, Rome (so to speak) continues to burn. /e shrug

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Tachenon.5270 said:

It's been more than a week since launch, and 'over night' x 4 since the last time someone said anything, and what was said then wasn't particularly encouraging. Meanwhile, Rome (so to speak) continues to burn. /e shrug

I don’t know what has to be done to fix it, do you? But I think you get the best results when you take your time to do it properly. The content isn’t running away. There are other things you can do in the meantime 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 1
  • Confused 7

25 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

every static we  have had in guilds ive run with had atleast one or two pug members, often taking less important roles, some pug the guilds had held had 2 people that knew what they were doing and the rest had ever raided before and still succeeded after 5 - 7 tries, i mean hell the huge difference about this meta and a raid is if you lose people in raids and know you cant complete it you can just ./gg for a quick reset, this meta takes almost an hour before you get to a 20 minute fight thats completely pot luck on if you get less immunity frames and people know what their doing.... atleast in raids you only have a 10 man group instead of 49 other randos much easier to manage a raid and hell raids can even be done on masterworks or rare gear  if the person atleast knows their class well enough, i dont think 49 people on masterworks gear could kill soo won, the gate keeping in raids is unnecessary and the reason a net gave up on raids is because its community got smaller and smaller with less and less people attempting it 

Edited by Shogen.5071
drunk typos
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

59 minutes ago, MechanicalMind.9126 said:

I dont think they understand how many casuals vs raiders they actually have

That's the thing, they do know. They specifically cited the low number of people who regularly raid as the reason why raids were being put on the backburner as it was unfair to dedicate the majority of PvE resources (time, money, devs) to content for the minority of players. Granted that was years ago but it's not like the raiding scene has exploded and taken over since then.

They also (rightfully) got flak in HoT for having part of the main story take place in at least one raid and for forcing people to do the Forging Steel strike to advance the story in IBS, so by all accounts they know most PvE players are casual and know not to lock "casual" content behind raid/raid-like content or forced group content.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Zephire.8049 said:

That's the thing, they do know. They specifically cited the low number of people who regularly raid as the reason why raids were being put on the backburner as it was unfair to dedicate the majority of PvE resources (time, money, devs) to content for the minority of players. Granted that was years ago but it's not like the raiding scene has exploded and taken over since then.

to be fair, they also said they were removing mystic coins from fractal cms because it was a large source, turned out not to be true. could just be an excuse to use lower cost content like strikes.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Zephire.8049 said:

so by all accounts they know most PvE players are casual and know not to lock "casual" content behind raid/raid-like content or forced group content.

to be fair though.. yet here we are. I mean if these forums were a patch of land id be constantly tripping on all the rocks that were threads about this subject.. so no.. it doesnt seem like they really do. Talk is one thing but practice is another.. and well if im blunt super nerfs right before that.. speaks a little differently when put together and thought about in a related way. 

But then again.. i guess one has to ask if this game even has very many of its original dev team. It feels like its a new crew.. but thats just me. Sorry.. separate tangent. 

• Like 3

I will say this much when a good 75% of the community is unable to even do hero point challenges without a HP train you gotta raise the question on if you did the right thing by making a boss about as hard as some of the challenge mode raids by kitten mechanics where you can lose up to 11.5 minutes of dps up time due to phases and immunity frames

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Shogen.5071 said:

I will say this much when a good 75% of the community is unable to even do hero point challenges without a HP train you gotta raise the question on if you did the right thing by making a boss about as hard as some of the challenge mode raids by kitten mechanics where you can lose up to 11.5 minutes of dps up time due to phases and immunity frames

75%? Where do you got that number from? 

• Confused 3

6 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

75%? Where do you got that number from? 

by the sheer number of trains i run nearly all of them fill up with in minutes these days meaning the demand outways the amount of people soloing them ,  not to mention as the same time im often runing you have zander and osano doing them aswell that 3 full squads of hp trains going 150 players  . how many players do you think are soloing guano or the chak jiszle spitter in AB?

while im fine soloing these I dunno if many others are 

Edited by Shogen.5071
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Shogen.5071 said:

by the sheer number of trains i run nearly all of them fill up with in minutes these days meaning the demand outways the amount of people soloing them ,  not to mention as the same time im often runing you have zander and osano doing them aswell that 3 full squads of hp trains going 150 players  . how many players do you think are soloing guano or the chak jiszle spitter in AB?

while im fine soloing these I dunno if many others are 

Maybe some of them are alts and it’s faster to just get the hero points for your ninth character by joining a hp train? I wouldn’t directly assume that they are unable to do it otherwise. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 4
  • Confused 4