How many attempts could I expect for one succesful Dragons End run?

13 tries all fails.  The event is garbage and they did it on purpose.  You might get lucky, but without a static raid group, with raid builds and all min/maxxed legendary gear, it seems pretty unlikely.  The kicker is that anyone that was able to do it likely thinks the event sucks (because it does) and has no reason to repeat it.  So it's only going to get tougher as the few people capable of it stop doing it entirely.

Edited by Skerrit.7105
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

I tried this Meta 6 times and manage to succeed it 4 times. I found that i have higher chance of succeeding by joining a Map with a commander organizing his squad by asking quickness/alac/dps in the LFG. Even if it can take time to join the map when its full i'll stay and keep trying to join until i have a spot.

Once i'm in the map, i say in the chat "DPS" and the commander sorts his subs the way he wants with the supports available.

Also reminding players to have all the Jade Bot Offensive and Defensive boost with the 10% more damage that you get by completing small events and finally to get the EMP (Electromagical Pulse from IBS Waystation) at the final boss for CC will helps too. With these buffs no need to optimize your build just for this meta (if you play dps).

You probably won't be successful everytime with this method but i found it has a much higher chance than the usual "Dragon's End META" with no subs sorted. Once they fixed the RNG side of the final boss im sure you won't be needed to join an organized squad.

Good Luck

Edited by Dragonzephir.6197
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

It's entirely luck.  It took me 21 attempts.  And then I got my 2nd clear on my 23rd attempt.  It took my friend like 10 attempts.  Nearly every run I've done has been with an organized squad (i.e. subgroups and all).

Edited by Will.9785
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Dragonzephir.6197 said:

I tried this Meta 6 times and manage to succeed it 4 times. I found that i have higher chance of succeeding by joining a Map with a commander organizing his squad by asking quickness/alac/dps in the LFG. Even if it can take time to join the map when its full i'll stay and keep trying to join until i have a spot.

mukluk mentioned someone did it 30+ times before success, while i've seen on the forum someone got it in 1

the above suggestion is your best bet at completing it

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

Assuming your average GW2 player?

So far I did 3 attempts with 3 failures. All the pre-events went fine but my map failed at the final boss fight. Maybe expected as many are new to the content.

Im not keeping count but i estimate i did around 10 already, all fails obviously.

• Like 2

I have read a lot of comments about this meta before ever trying to do it myself. People from my guild also talked about how many times they tried to complete it but it has always failed. Today I finally did my first attempt, and it failed. I decided I just won't play until they nerf it. So please let me know when they do.

Edited by Fleo.7324
typo
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

How many attempts could I expect for one succesful Dragons End run?

It completely depends on what type of squad you join. If it's well organized, with raid meta builds and structure, it will likely take only one attempt. If not, it could take forever (the craziest number I heard of someone trying was 49 attempts and no luck).

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Gregg.3970 said:

Oh mate that sucks, how many hours has that taken?  Don't give up though sure you keep trying enough you'll nail it soon, laws of probability and all, gl 

And this, exactly this is the problem.

I also tried this event 14 times (28 hours).

And i personaly 'nailed' all the mechanics after the 3th time.

But no matter how organized the squad is, there have always been people in squad that died on every single stupid stomp, which ignored the tails and did zero cc.

And there have been way to often bad RNG with 5 tails, 8 side changes and only 1-2 breakbars.

And no, the last hotfix didn't change this issue.

Edited by Keymaster.7362
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, Gregg.3970 said:

Oh mate that sucks, how many hours has that taken?  Don't give up though sure you keep trying enough you'll nail it soon, laws of probability and all, gl 

Well the first 12 attempts took 2 hours each, so 24 hours total. The last two attempts I've just dropped into a squad near the end of the pre-pre events and just did the pre-events and final boss. (Since the contribution buffs don't go away while you're logged out on map.) So like 40 minutes each for those. 

I've done this event in super organized squads, with voice chat and experienced commanders, with sub-squads and buffs divided up. I personally get better at the whisp stage every time. I cc my fingers off and keep my rotations going constantly. I have the mechs so down at this point that when she spawns her tail right before swapping, I know to stay. I even upgraded a couple pieces of armor to ascended, even though I've never felt I needed that for overland content before. (Ascended weapons and accessories should be more than enough. Though it's worth mentioning I can't get my virtuoso dagger w/o doing this event, so I have to craft one if I want to do the event with all ascended? Dumb.) 

The problem is that personal skill doesn't matter with something like this. The group is different every time and groups are getting harder and harder to find because people are getting fed up. Sometimes I check lfg and there's nothing at all on Dragon's End. First few days there were ALWAYS groups.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Dragonzephir.6197 said:

Once i'm in the map, i say in the chat "DPS" and the commander sorts his subs the way he wants with the supports available.

Also reminding players to have all the Jade Bot Offensive and Defensive boost with the 10% more damage that you get by completing small events and finally to get the EMP (Electromagical Pulse from IBS Waystation) at the final boss for CC will helps too. With these buffs no need to optimize your build just for this meta (if you play dps).

You probably won't be successful everytime with this method but i found it has a much higher chance than the usual "Dragon's End META" with no subs sorted. Once they fixed the RNG side of the final boss im sure you won't be needed to join an organized squad.

Good Luck

So you're saying it's an OW raid? Requiring specific gear and comps? That like no OW player would normally run at all?  XD 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I'm up to I think 22 attempts, all fails. Some were unorganized maps I wasn't really expecting a win on, others highly organized ones and the best run I've had was on the second day of release when most people had no idea what they were doing.

But then I know someone else who has had something like 2 wins out of 6 or 8 runs, so it's pretty random how long it will take you to get it.

• Like 2

Running on around 25 attempts, killed second round of mini bosses 6 times, one attempt got under 10% - at which the lovely tail + swoop combo kicked in...

Have tried all from random pugs, to the most organised with sub groups, proper builds, roll distribution, all buffs (food, event buff, jadebot buffs, etc.) and every time the rng - especially at the last 20%, at which it feels like swoops becomes extra prevalent - always results in fails. If it's not constant swoops or tails (even after the supposed change to the amount of bite attacks), it's useless cc phases that only happens when tail is up, when she swoops or right before she phases.

At this point I just don't know how I'll ever be able to get this event done even once other then pure dumb chance of luck.
I got optimal gear, optimal buffs, optimal squad, all mechanics done with only seconds of mistakes, and it's still not enough, unless rngsus decides not to screw you over.

So to answer OPs question, you might be blessed by rngsus and get it within a few tries, or you might never be lucky enough to even consistently get to the last phase. 

This is not a designed meta, it's a 2 hour gamble.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Minjin.8259 said:

And part of the problem I am seeing now is fewer and fewer squads listed on LFG.

hmmm there are less open lfgs, but i just watched 4 squads fill to full in 5mins, it might be more people are at ED now, but not enough comms/pre-made groups

• Like 1