Dragon's End Meta = I'm Done

3 minutes ago, ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

An actual revision of the Meta's design. 

So, you want an encounter that doesn't require...? Dodging? Changing targets? Boons? What basic component of gameplay would you remove?

Edited by Einsof.1457
  • Like 2
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 2

21 minutes ago, Einsof.1457 said:

So, you want an encounter that doesn't require...? Dodging? Changing targets? Boons? What basic component of gameplay would you remove?

An encounter where the boss doesn't rely on RNG to remain invincible for over half the time you fight it after two hours worth of prep work. Along with removing the whirlpools that is literally built to randomly trap players 90% of the time that no one can remove and wastes even more time. "Free your allies" my kitten. 

Edited by ChronoPinoyX.7923
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

An encounter where the boss doesn't rely on RNG to remain invincible for over half the time you fight it after two hours worth of prep work. Along with removing the whirlpools that is literally built to randomly trap players 90% of the time that no one can remove and wastes even more time. "Free your allies" my kitten. 

Gotcha, so you want an encounter that is completely on rails and 100% predictable.  I am glad you are okay with dodging, boons, mechanics, etc. being important for the success of the encounter. Also you use the word "work" which is kind of telling.  But, If you think of video games as "work" you are much more likely not to enjoy it. As for the rest, you simply just want it easier. So I have to ask, why not focus on what you can control (your own abilities), rather than act from a position that the only way to succeed is to beg anet to cater to you specifically? 

Edited by Einsof.1457
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 3

Just now, Einsof.1457 said:

Gotcha, so you want an encounter that is completely on rails and 100% predictable. Also you use the word "work" which is kind of telling. If you think of video games as "work" you are much more likely not to enjoy it. As for the rest, you simply just want it easier. So I have to ask, why not focus on what you can control (your own abilities), rather than act from a position that the only way to succeed is to beg anet to cater to you specifically? 

Expected this response. Still can't defend the actual bad design of the meta. The fact that you're even asking me why I used the word "work" over "play time" shows you have no idea what you're actually on about. 

Ima leave this here to make it "easier" for you to understand: I used the word "work" because in this meta, players waste 2 hours of their free time trying to enjoy this meta only to be told by this terribly designed boss that they're gonna get curb stomped by RNG and things they can't control no matter the situation, making it more hassle than actual, real life work at times. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

This is just a waste of time for most. Don't matter how good a player you are, the event will only be successful if everyone is RAID experienced. This meta is definately not for casual players. Which brings in the toxicness, as more and more people become fustrated that not all players can or will perform to the required level for a success.

THE MOST REALLY FUSTRATING META EVER!!! without a doubt. And will tarnish the GW community with toxic fustrated rage.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Sorry to hop in the boat, but this Meta SUX!

I tried it approx the whole day today, with mostly a full squad (everytime random/new pepps in the group). We finished best 12%, worst was 40%.

When Soo-Won does his "change side on platform"  skill..really...change that down a lot. Also i would suggest to give the encounter just 5 minutes more. This should be enough for most random pugs.

Also what kills GW2 for me, if i further read things like "blabla,  minimun 100LI" in groupd search......this is a freaking map event in PVE.  Anet has to nerf this in some way. Your wasting hours on the map and get nothing afterwards except some XP.

I tell you, after 15th march, there weren't full maps anymore (at least this is my guess), NO ONE will do 2 hours on this anymore.

Change that a bit is the only solution. Sorry for the experienced Raid Players and all people who are studying their classes, but casuals dont have a chance on this.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Boneheart.3561 said:

I have never touched a raid.

25 minutes ago, Boneheart.3561 said:

I have never touched a raid.

But a good portion of your successful squad would have, with DPS builds/rotations & co-ordination skills that casual player just don't bother with. Without these this ain't getting done...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

30 minutes ago, Lord Zig.9812 said:

This is just a waste of time for most. Don't matter how good a player you are, the event will only be successful if everyone is RAID experienced. This meta is definately not for casual players. Which brings in the toxicness, as more and more people become fustrated that not all players can or will perform to the required level for a success.

THE MOST REALLY FUSTRATING META EVER!!! without a doubt. And will tarnish the GW community with toxic fustrated rage.

I hear you. If not for a very good comm taking pity on us and tagging up, I wouldn't have a meta win at all. She didn't need to care about us, but she did. And when we made mistakes, she was not mean or condescending. She also never blamed us for things we had no way of controlling. Be nice to kind commanders, they don't have to help you, but they do !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

Expected this response. Still can't defend the actual bad design of the meta. The fact that you're even asking me why I used the word "work" over "play time" shows you have no idea what you're actually on about. 

Ima leave this here to make it "easier" for you to understand: I used the word "work" because in this meta, players waste 2 hours of their free time trying to enjoy this meta only to be told by this terribly designed boss that they're gonna get curb stomped by RNG and things they can't control no matter the situation, making it more hassle than actual, real life work at times. 

It's only a waste of time if you view playing the GAME as work. If you view it as a game for FUN, then you will see there is actually value in failing when it unfortunately happens, but is very important for things to fail sometimes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Lord Zig.9812 said:

But a good portion of your successful squad would have, with DPS builds/rotations & co-ordination skills that casual player just don't bother with. Without these this ain't getting done...

No matter how the premade organized roles and squads, the difference between the pick-up groups and premades was DPS. There were equal number of people failing/dying to simple mechanics, co-ordination was the same. The pick-up groups were so close to winning, the boss only had so little health left that maybe three more minutes would have given us breathing room. Build/rotations did not avail an obvious advantage over the pick-ups, as the premades were quite close to running out of time.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Einsof.1457 said:

value in failing

There is nearly no value in failing here. If you didn't learn the fight the first time the mechanics literally hit you in the face you'll have to get carried somehow at the current timer/scaling ratio. The amount of people reporting 20+ tries is a testament to that.

The fight is super simple with some rather obnoxious components (the RNG part being addressed repeatedly at least, whirlpools are still nonsense imho and her hand slam is an un-dodgeable attack) but nothing is actually hard mechanically.

This is not the highest tier of raids where there's a market for people willing to pull a boss dozens of times times to get it done before anyone else can (and in this case it would be repeatable immediately without the whole 1:30h prelude).

Soo-Won as an open world encounter at the current state of things is literally a 1v49 scenario. Heavily nerfing it and creating a super strike (with 20-30 people) in an instance with exclusive but tradable rewards added would save the whole thing.

There is no virtue at being good at hotkey MMOs and open world content should be easy for many and hard for few. This has worked out relatively well for Anet thus far. Dragon's End putting some serious compositional requirements into the open world is a stark contrast to every other meta in the game.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

There is zero value in failing any achievement in life, over and over again, unless you believe you have some reasonable expectation of winning the reward you desire, at the end, or at some point in the trial. Please notice I said 'reasonable' expectation. Yes, learning is a reward; Like learning not to beat your head against a wall, that you will never knock down with your head. Humans have only so many hours of life to live, and I believe most of them would not like to waste those hours being frustrated and upset and, recieving no value for their time. With achieves that I failed, because I am lacking the skill to do them, I am either helped by somone who can do them, or I simply never get them done. I have always wished that certain achieves were not locked behind some awful JP, or boss, that takes a group, or an extaordinary skillset to do. I have no problem with the people who can do said achieves alone, or with a specialized group, getting all the flashy nice stuff, and me getting none of that. But, when other achieves, meant for ordinary skilled players, are locked behind the other kind, well, that's not how this game was advertised to me when I joined.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, battledrone.8315 said:

i know the feeling bro and it sux. some have done over 40 tries without any luck, thats over 2 weeks of work.

"casual...respects your time"....lol

So I recently got the turtle and the trick with the DE meta is getting the Jade buffs and the 10% pre event buff. You cannot beat this meta without it period.

if your hoping to just jump in as the meta starts you will fail.

Does it respect players time? No, no it doesn’t.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Problem i seen today with this Meta is, if that first CC bar fails to get broken, people have worked out that it map will likely fail, and they just leave the map, i seen a squad of 50 people drop to 35 after the first CC bar failed.

People who have managed to beat it, have no reason to really return, the rewards are not worth the time invested for that small chance that RNG will bless the map and allow them to beat it, also like most other content in the game, for years people have pressed 1 until the loot has dropped, with no real exception to need to "get gud" as ive seen some say, and now people need to be doing max DPS, the problem I have with this is, its not an instanced content, so I can be doing max damage but if others are just sitting there dying to mechanics or doing no damages im punished because of them, honestly for a causal game, why waste 2 hours of your day only to fail a map and get no rewards at all.

I think they missed the mark on this event, which is a shame as its put a damper on the rest of the expansion.

• Thanks 6
  • Haha 1

But why is it so hard for Anet to just add 5 mins to the timer? I mean just do it LOL.  I know Tues we are getting another way to get the turtle, but not happy about that either. From what I read it will require another new map currency.  " A new vendor on the Jade Sea map will sell the egg for 200 Writs of the Jade Sea" I mean really? Another currency to grind, when we have Dragons End Writs we could have used. smh.   This all could have been avoided if the timer was extended like I said 😁

Edited by Tony.8659
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, kenny.7236 said:

Think I better check if there are other achievements that requires successful completion of DE meta.

6 or 7 I think. The diving goggles also were bugged and didn't spawn when I was there.

I'll be looking forward to tomorrow to see how things shake out in the near future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I believe what you have to say and have said is valid, and it's obvious that many, many players are very frustrated by this meta. I for one, unfortunately, am in the camp of just moving on to something else to balance my attitude out when it comes to frustrating content. But in this case, it's not something that can ultimately be done alone or with just a few people. I have joined this meta several times and have not completed it successfully...yet. Completing this meta successfully definitely relies on many players coming together, so it's not like you can just show up when you're ready for another go and have your expectations met in terms of players numbers and experience.

I agree heavily that devs are learning the wrong things. Challenging content is one thing, just plain unnecessary is another. 

Count me in as a supporter of changing this, not so it can be easier, but so players can learn and have fun and be encouraged to join together for it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, kenny.7236 said:

Just realised I need a successful completion of DE meta to do some of Looking Back achievement (within a 15 minute window).......

Think I better check if there are other achievements that requires successful completion of DE meta.

Just an FYI, there's no voiced dialogue for those ones so it goes faster but you'll get a prompt for the last one (after you get the three locked behind the meta) and that one will take you to a different instance. Don't do the last step unless you're done with other achievements because you lose the post-meta map when you do.

I also suggest looking on the wiki for her locations ahead of time. All the others I did on my own but 15 minutes (less with travel time) is not a lot to search for her, especially with other achievements to do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1