Proof needed to get Title for beating Meta and fully upgrading Turtle (pre-patch/Dragons End)

29 minutes ago, ilMasa.2546 said:

Do you really think that people will not complain about "not getting the title" aswell?

Considering those come from a position thats a.) of rather questionable ethical worldviews and b.) a huge minority of the playerbase, I think we will survive those complaints.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 8

5 hours ago, Witch of Doom.5739 said:

There's so much unnecessary hate from elitists who claim to despise Fashion Wars and other stuff they consider trivial, yet they ask for a special title or skin.  That's hilarious.  Thanks for the laughs!

The only hate i see here is from you guys, to OP and the people asking for a recognision/title or whatever. Just cos u dont have the mount or cos ur mad, just read the comments:

"I'm An Elistist Who Got a Free Title for Mashing Buttons, So Look How Cool I Am."

Your own comment, i just see the hate cos u dont like something and want everything to be like you want

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Confused 9

This is not server first or world first on the highest difficulty raid or something. What we deserve is getting the Turtle sooner than those who're going to buy it, which is what we've got.

11 hours ago, Imba.9451 said:

Most of the people putting real effort in still didn't get the turtle.

It depends if you include time in effort.

Did someone doing it once not taking any excess avoidable damage while executing their class as optimally as forced movement allows or someone doing it 30 times still dying having dragon teeth marks on their butt put in more effort?

Personally I would see effort being inclusive of time. And performance with the latter carrying more weight in this case but not generally.

I am also unclear on the distinction between "real" and "surreal"(?) effort. I'm not trying to be facetious here, I simply don't know what is meant.

11 hours ago, Imba.9451 said:

The fairytale of effort being the one and only key to success most stop.

If it comes to ensuring success effort is second to none though. Ask for logs from everyone on discord to review beforehand to get only able people etc.pp.

Obviously utterly outrageous for an open world encounter but still the fairytale isn't one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Izzy.2951 said:

The only hate i see here is from you guys, to OP and the people asking for a recognision/title or whatever. Just cos u dont have the mount or cos ur mad, just read the comments:

Your own comment, i just see the hate cos u dont like something and want everything to be like you want

Eh. I got the turtle and I agree with these ppl. It is an RNG Mount as it is right now. I’ve been in super organized squads. Doing really good and still fail and random pug squads with not much communication and still win. That’s just how it is as it stands right now. It’s not hate but the entitlement that some ppl think they did some kind of huge achievement by getting it before they fix the issue. Ppl that don’t have the turtle yet has probably made way more effort into this then us that got it already tbh 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Izzy.2951 said:

Called prestige, and effort.

Nah just Prestige, because you would be invalidating people who didn't get the same luck as you... but who still have already WASTED 60 hours on this nonesense.

If you want your efforts to be recognized... you have already plenty of Titles in PvP, WvW and Raids as it is.

Edited by KurokouNekoki.7891
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, KurokouNekoki.7891 said:

Nah just Prestige, because you would be invalidating people who didn't get the same luck as you... but who still have already WASTED 60 hours on this nonesense.

If you want your efforts to be recognized... you have already plenty of Titles in PvP, WvW and Raids as it is.

"Bubbles' Best Buddy" most prestigious title, nothing compares to it.

• Like 2

On 3/14/2022 at 12:25 PM, Orion Templar.4589 said:

Beating the boss event in its current form really is all about luck which is unfortunate. My personal experience is that I had about four failures and finally had a success on the fifth attempt.  (With the meta being so long, adding up those attempts was a pretty big time investment.)

The fourth attempt was with a great squad and great commander.  We were well-organized, had lots of folks with selected builds, and had good DPS and CC.  We just got really unlucky with the Tail and the CC phase being up at the same time multiple times.  Despite that we got the boss down to the final phase and nearly won, but "nearly won" is still a failure.

Then my next attempt was with a good squad, but we weren't nearly as organized.  People weren't dodging well and there were times when I'd see a dozen or more people getting squashed and flying back over from the airship waypoint.  But we had good luck with the Tail phases and we got the CC bar broken pretty much every time.  We beat the encounter with 30 seconds to spare.

Based on that experience, I learned that luck triumphs over skill and organization.

I don't think it's at all about luck anymore, not after the patch we saw last week that reduced the chances of Tail phase and repeated punches. Right now the difficulty is how tight the DPS check is. I'm part of an impromptu Discord server specifically created to clear this meta. It's required that everyone run Raid builds, with Raid gear and Raid food. Not only this, but we have to get 10 stacks of the Dragon's End contribution and max out the Jade Offensive and Defensive bots prior to the meta start.

With this amount of preparation, we have 8 clears under our belt, and 2 failures. We haven't failed it since this last set of nerfs, and our clear time went from ~30 seconds left to ~4 minutes left on average.

Edit: To clarify, I'm against kill proof. I think it only helps to hinder the gaming experience of the player base. But I don't think the Dragon's End meta is RNG-dependant anymore and wanted to comment on that.

Edited by dmxell.2834
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

On 3/14/2022 at 5:06 AM, Izzy.2951 said:

Called prestige, and effort.

How is that prestige or effort?   When your meta ends up being, tail, tail, tail, tail, tail, tail, tail, tail, oh we failed...bummer.  Or, you get 1 tail, and prevail, nothing the successful group did made them better or more skilled.

Do you see the problem here?

This is like asking for titles for everything in the game earned before mounts or gliders were introduced, because it was just easier to do with them.  The rest of us "earned it", but new folks with mounts didn't.  /smh

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

bad idea. the cracks in the community have already worsened significantly over this debacle, let's not deepen them, yeah?

and for what it's worth (which is p much nothing), i got the turtle from the meta, there is absolutely no difference between me and my friends who kept trying and didn't luck out on a group and ended up just saving up the writs they got from their failed metas, apart from that i somehow lucked out. it isn't even a case of perseverance; they've been trying as hard as me, possibly even harder.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 3/14/2022 at 2:34 AM, Lady Sky.4903 said:

I am very disappointed to hear that Anet will be “adjusting” the accessibility of the  Turtle mount.

Since people will now be able to purchase said mount for a minimum of 200 Dragons End Writs.

To balance this, I think it would be fair for those players to show proof (date prior to Dragons End patch, screenshot of fully upgraded turtle) to receive a unique title. 

Thoughts?

Not needed. Because this is nothing new.

Since I play GW2 there were things that were patched or nerved. If all that needed compensation anet wouldn't be finish anything at all.

This is on par with people who demanded their money for the basegame and HOT after both became free. Or people who immediately after expansion crafted Legys and other stuff what was super expensive and where logically the price adjusts after some time.

Such things just happen when time passes, and at least the in-game things are clearly predictable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What this guy wants is in another game, it’s called “Ahead of the curve”. You get an achievement in wow for beating a raid before the standard nerfing of it like 6 months down the road. No, we do not need this kind of thing in Guild Wars, you have your turtle and you know you did it the harder way, that should be enough. There are many other difficult titles you can earn that will garner the respect you are so desperate to attain, I suggest getting one of those.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

During my time playing various MMOs, I found that the more trivial a matter, the more elitist people act about it. In this particular case, the trivial matter is your personal contribution in the encounter. On an individual level, for any somewhat decent GW2 player, the mechanics are not difficult, the real difficulty comes with open world and 50+ others outside your control. Unable to differentiate between that - or not wanting to acknowledge that - results in the mentioned elitism.

Some people have already suggested the "elitist" title, I think "delusional" would also fit just fine. OP, you are essentially suffering from the average WvW player syndrome: Mistaking a participation trophy for personal accomplishment.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Maybe, players who got the Mount already should be awarded 200 DE writs or some form of rewards.

And the eligibity to get the turtle should be like the following:

Aurene gives one stack of aura to every player who successfully completed a mechanic. The aura stacks for every successful mechanic. 

Dodging the circle wave,

Dodging bite,

Dodging acid,

Successfully return to body after wisp,

Collected enough magic to spear soo-won atleast once,

Participated in killing the champions at split phases twice,

So at the end of the fight, if the player has x number of stacks of aurene buff, a big turtle walks up to the player and receives the aurene buff stacks and gives a turtle egg instead.

So forums won't be filled with players complaining turtle Mount is Rng... 

Even if players have lessdps there's enough high dps players to compensate but if players die to mechanics or afk outside the platform or as deadbodies, even those organized groups will lead to failure... All it needs mostly to increase the chance of success is commitment.

If meta fails with 1-5% boss hp... It could be because of some mistakes like tail phase and cc phase . The organized groups organize mostly these 2 things - when to switch to tails and when to cc so players aren't so tunnel visioned on particular spot or dps rotations. Also getting the 10% buff and offensive defensive protocol buffs will make huge impact.. it's just that players are tuned to the idea of afking and getting last hits on a boss to get rewards so far in open world events will never work in this map.

Also the idea of bringing 10 alt accounts on auto casting skills and occupying a spot on meta map to get the rare drop rewards for profits won't help too. Those spots could otherwise be used by legit player who can put genuine effort to work towards  event's success

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Maybe GW2 gave us everything in an easy way, we take everything for granted... If we play ffxiv, the drops after a successful run would be rolled for chance and only one guy would get it and others should suck it up and move on... Here in GW2 after successful completion everyone gets the Mount and still we complain that game design is bad...

Now that turtle egg can be purchased with event writs from DE map, we still complain...

Eventhough we very well know that the event can be completed successfully, and lot of players unlocked their turtles already, we still ask anet to Nerf the event. The only thing this event needs is nice rewards... As someone mentioned, tequatl gives 2 gold worth rewards this event should atleast give 4 gold upon completing it successfully and a chance to drop a nice infusion... So players who are willing to go the next level, will improve themselves and this meta won't die else there's a bleak future waiting for this meta. And every reward should be based on individual performance based on mechanics and event participations... Eg : like that one lunar celestial event where players get aura and opening a chest requires an aura so players who jumped into the meta at last second to get last hits on boss will get only one aura and can open only one box

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871
  • Confused 2

On 3/13/2022 at 9:34 PM, Lady Sky.4903 said:

I am very disappointed to hear that Anet will be “adjusting” the accessibility of the  Turtle mount.

Since people will now be able to purchase said mount for a minimum of 200 Dragons End Writs.

To balance this, I think it would be fair for those players to show proof (date prior to Dragons End patch, screenshot of fully upgraded turtle) to receive a unique title. 

Thoughts?

Oh yeah, let's diversify the community even more! I did think about this though, offering some title to beat the meta as a funny joke to how difficult it was, but not at the sake of slapping others in the face for failing it so much.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ubi.4136 said:

For the curious, it is still possible to get 8+ tails and have 0% chance to succeed, regardless of how great your dps is or how quickly you get the tails down.

I decided to join a DE meta ~3 hours ago to finish the Marjory collection and an Arborstone achievement.
We got 7 tails, 3 CC(1 failed), about 30% of the group got downed on slams and the greens each took their max allowed time, since maybe half the people managed to finish it. We still did it with 4 minutes and 41 seconds remaining. 

If you got 8 tails and you had no chance to succeed it most likely wasn't because of RNG screwing you over, but because a portion of your group was slacking.

• Confused 1