Proof needed to get Title for beating Meta and fully upgrading Turtle (pre-patch/Dragons End)

I am very disappointed to hear that Anet will be “adjusting” the accessibility of the  Turtle mount.

Since people will now be able to purchase said mount for a minimum of 200 Dragons End Writs.

To balance this, I think it would be fair for those players to show proof (date prior to Dragons End patch, screenshot of fully upgraded turtle) to receive a unique title. 

Thoughts?

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 36
  • Sad 2

Surely there's got to be irony seen when talking about fairness and balance surrounding the Dragon's End Meta and turtle.

I hear you, though. I was disappointed to hear that the years-long consistency of difficulty for open-world encounters has been altered, and the means of obtaining mounts completely changed for the turtle.

Maybe if there were titles for it like 'Very Lucky', and 'Not Very Lucky', the latter obtained after 10 consecutive meta failures.

The meta is poorly designed and riddled with RNG, the turtle shouldn't have been gated behind it from the beginning. If you already have a turtle, your reward is being able to wave it at other players that have 20+ failed attempts for a week plus. You don't need another reward for being extremely lucky, or merely coordinated and lucky. My man wants to talk about fairness and cares not about the lowly plebs with 400+ writs and no turtle. 😭

• Like 4
  • Thanks 8
  • Confused 4

3 hours ago, Lady Sky.4903 said:

To balance this, I think it would be fair for those players to show proof (date prior to Dragons End patch, screenshot of fully upgraded turtle) to receive a unique title.

If they were to introduce a title, they won't need proof. They can simply check their data.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

10 hours ago, Lady Sky.4903 said:

I am very disappointed to hear that Anet will be “adjusting” the accessibility of the  Turtle mount.

Since people will now be able to purchase said mount for a minimum of 200 Dragons End Writs.

Thoughts?

Only if that title is

"I got lucky"

Edited by Blaeys.3102
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

I just wish they do some kind of title for the people that got it before, just to see the reaction of the so named "casuals"  (1 week in the expansion cough).

Theres so much unnecesary hate here from those named "casuals", unbelieveble. 

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 12

5 minutes ago, Izzy.2951 said:

I just wish they do some kind of title for the people that got it before, just to see the reaction of the so named "casuals"  (1 week in the expansion cough).

You surely understand the developers wouldn't promote this kind of behavior, and giving them some form of exclusivity wouldn't benefit anyone.

Giving someone an exclusive reward for hard content that's never going to change in difficulty is one thing, but exclusive rewards just because you beat something before devs nerfed it at X time makes no sense.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Izzy.2951 said:

When people discuss changes to the meta: "Casuals want everything for free"

When Anet adds a new way to get the mount: "Give us a title for finishing a meta event"

Seriously, complaining that casuals want everything for free then asking for a title to finish a meta event? 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 6

Beating the boss event in its current form really is all about luck which is unfortunate. My personal experience is that I had about four failures and finally had a success on the fifth attempt.  (With the meta being so long, adding up those attempts was a pretty big time investment.)

The fourth attempt was with a great squad and great commander.  We were well-organized, had lots of folks with selected builds, and had good DPS and CC.  We just got really unlucky with the Tail and the CC phase being up at the same time multiple times.  Despite that we got the boss down to the final phase and nearly won, but "nearly won" is still a failure.

Then my next attempt was with a good squad, but we weren't nearly as organized.  People weren't dodging well and there were times when I'd see a dozen or more people getting squashed and flying back over from the airship waypoint.  But we had good luck with the Tail phases and we got the CC bar broken pretty much every time.  We beat the encounter with 30 seconds to spare.

Based on that experience, I learned that luck triumphs over skill and organization.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2