The strikes go on far too long and thus have terrible replay value

1 hour ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

They're in this inbetween of "too easy that I'm bored, and hard enough that I have to pay attention or I die"

It feels bad. Fishing has this same issue(but you can't die fishing).

Then wait for strike CMs. I'm sure, similar to raid CMs, you'll be able to do strike CMs and still get all the regular strike loot.

Edited by Cyninja.2954

5 hours ago, Despot.3048 said:

So far all you've done is repeat ad nauseum the mistakes that Arenanet has made but not suggested anything of substance that could be an improvement. 

It's pretty clear op wants all endgame bosses to be like IBS strikes. Stack and burn over in 60 secs. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Then wait for strike CMs. I'm sure, similar to raid CMs, you'll be able to do strike CMs and still get all the regular strike loot.

Non-puggable content sadly doesn't belong in this game. Now if they ARE puggable, that's a different story.

7 hours ago, Einsof.1457 said:

It's pretty clear op wants all endgame bosses to be like IBS strikes. Stack and burn over in 60 secs. 

Drop the holier than thou attitude.

IBS strikes are not only more rewarding, but also 1/10th as long. THAT's the issue.

Put legendary armor in EoD strikes and they'll have actual replay value.

Edited by Shiyo.3578
  • Confused 3

On 3/14/2022 at 7:27 PM, Shiyo.3578 said:

Numerous issues with the new strikes.

• They go on for far too long(Nerf everythings HP by at least 1/3)

Get some actual DPS players and learn about buffs & Debuffs that boost damage and, I assure you, they don't have "too much HP"

They aren't rewarding at all

I guess mystic coins are now worth coppers.

• Aegis blocks 1 shot mechanics still(why?)

Kinda the point of that boon to block damage.

• Stability blocks knock downs still(why?)

.. Also the point of that boon to block hard CC.

• Visual clarity is a disaster. You can't see mechanics properly.

Effect LoD.  But yeah, you're right on the money there.  Too much visual noise even in small groups these days.

• The fights are too easy while also requiring full attention or you die. Decide if you want hard fights or easy fights, this in between just feels terrible.

"Too easy" then "Requires full attention or you die." 🤔 So which is it.  Are they too easy or do they actually require you to pay attention and play well?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TexZero.7910 said:

Why shouldn't boons do their respective job ?

Because it greatly restricts encounter design. What if you could spam give AOE cloak of shadows and ice block in WoW? How would the devs even make encounters? 

Aegis/stab need to be ignored by any champion or higher enemy.

3 hours ago, Sir Alymer.3406 said:

I guess mystic coins are now worth coppers.

These are probably some of the worst gold/hour in the game outside the SINGLE daily, so yes?

Edited by Shiyo.3578

Because it greatly restricts encounter design. What if you could spam give AOE cloak of shadows and ice block in WoW? How would the devs even make encounters? 

These are probably some of the worst gold/hour in the game outside the SINGLE daily, so yes?

There's already abilities t hat go through Aegis, though.  They're generally telegraphed and labeled as unblockable.  Stability is working as intended as it's a tradeoff to take those on a healer or on a boon support due to lowering damage or lowering healing output.

If almost half the party is just boon supports and healers, yeah, I guess everything becomes crap gold/hour.  That's what I hear running these strikes, by the way.

8 hours ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

Non-puggable content sadly doesn't belong in this game. Now if they ARE puggable, that's a different story.

So, you complain about puggable content because it doesn't meet your exact expectations.

At the same time complain about content which might not be easy enough.

PS. Raids are being pugged daily by thousands.

Stop trolling and get some sleep or take a break. Even you must realize how ridicoulous your expectations are. This game is not developed for you personally.

Drop the holier than thou attitude.

IBS strikes are not only more rewarding, but also 1/10th as long. THAT's the issue.

The issue is:

You have no idea what you want or at the least no idea how to make your cherry picked demands sound reasonable. Which leads to your topic contradicting itsself.

As far as legendary armor, LI are aleady being awarded for regular strikes weekly and we've been told that strike CMs will also reward LI for legendary gear. Done.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

I never ask for any form of KP when I fill the holes in my Guild squad in Strikes(or Raids) and we never had any problem with getting pugs. If everyone has atleast basic understanding of the encounter there will be no difficulty.
Other than the usual Wednesday-Friday/Saturday 9pm CET Guild runs on Strikes/Raids I always pug and didn't have any notable problem in Strikes yet.

The rewards are kitten though, that's true, other than the weekly LI there isn't much value to them.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

That's blatantly false. It only restricts design if your devs are hell bent on fighting against the players instead of creating good encounters.

• Thanks 2

Strikes just need more rewards, they are very well designed actually. Their purpose is more than fulfilled and you should not do more than 1 any day of the week - or a full clear for a single day then only do dailies the following days, just like raids, and then I doubt you'd find them too obnoxious to replay.

On 3/15/2022 at 1:38 PM, Shiyo.3578 said:

Yes there is, 1 shot mechanics are blocked by aegis. That restricts content design and makes certain specs/classes much better than others.

These strikes are standard mode, they're enjoyable, not too hard, not brain dead easy. I wouldn't put it past upcoming CM modes to have straight to defeated state attack mechanics in addition to whatever is added to CMs. As for complaining about Aegis, I would think that those mechanics are intended to be blockable, considering there's other mechanics that go through blocks and evades. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

I actually want to know what those 1shot mechanics are that are blocked by Aegis and what is worth using Stab for other than Mordy's shockwaves on Harvest Temple.

Off the top of my head, you can block Primordious' Chin boop, Zhaitan's fast expanding AoE(blockable and dodgable, but also not a 1 shot), Kaineng  Overlook you can block the dragon trigger attacks(blockable and dodgable) from Li, and the sniper can be projectile denied. 

Edited by Lucentfir.7430
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Lucentfir.7430 said:

Off the top of my head, you can block Primordious' Chin boop, Zhaitan's fast expanding AoE(blockable and dodgable, but also not a 1 shot), Kaineng  Overlook you can block the dragon trigger attacks(blockable and dodgable) from Li, and the sniper can be projectile denied. 

So all in all any mechanic we can Aegis/Stab we can also just dodge, in that case there isn't any problem with it.

On 3/15/2022 at 9:29 PM, Shiyo.3578 said:

So when you wipe 15m into a 20m harvest temple, and then have to redo the entire 15 minutes again, you're having the time of your life?

just don't wipe

On 3/16/2022 at 8:01 AM, Astralporing.1957 said:

This is approach that got Anet to stop developing Raids, you know. Just saying.

No, it's anet failing to incorporate an ingame way to form players to raid. the only guide you get is the soldier or rabid armor from boosting and facetank everything because of the gear they run, there no ingame way to motivate players to increase their dps/boon uptime/heal and so a lot endup clueless with wrong gear and traits, wipe badly and give up.
Players are sent to engame content without being formed for such content and strikes won't solve this issue 🙈
Now if Anet decide to rework golem area to a pact training ground (or any other name) with the current golem still present but also some preset challenges that reward player for reaching 20/25/30/35k dps or having X boon up for 30/45/60sec or overhealing braham for different amount of damage it could help. Players that weren't puting much thought on their build or don't check the builds developped by the community could by guided by the game on how to improve and would actually have a reason to put more thought on their build and be more prepared when arriving in fract/strike/raid (and in the end have a better first experience). They could even make it enjoyable by having the golem looking like braham 😃

• Confused 3

5 hours ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

So all in all any mechanic we can Aegis/Stab we can also just dodge, in that case there isn't any problem with it.

Yes, the game has a dodge button and it should be used, not aegis/stab.

14 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Stop trolling and get some sleep or take a break. Even you must realize how ridicoulous your expectations are. This game is not developed for you personally.

I never said raids aren't, I implied that insanely hard strike CMs would be annoying to pug and wouldn't work in this game.

"stop trolling" really dude? 

Edited by Shiyo.3578
  • Confused 2

15 hours ago, Sir Alymer.3406 said:

Stability is working as intended as it's a tradeoff to take those on a healer or on a boon support due to lowering damage or lowering healing output.

What...?

Mech passively gives aegis AND stab with it's alac share. Quickbrand and healbrand are insanely strong. 

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crisis_Zone trade off where?

Edited by Shiyo.3578
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

What...?

Mech passively gives aegis AND stab with it's alac share. Quickbrand and healbrand are insanely strong. 

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crisis_Zone trade off where?

Today I learned using a skill is "passive". You can't just slot Crisis Zone. It needs a trait which gives up all condition damage and power damage conversions except for 50% from minor trait.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Today I learned using a skill is "passive". You can't just slot Crisis Zone. It needs a trait which gives up all condition damage and power damage conversions except for 50% from minor trait.

Mechanist is the strongest support in the game. Alacrity mechanist is the best alacrity giver, and it's also the best healer. It's mostly what people ask for now, and you more often than not get people offering to play it when pugging. There's no trade off when your ALACRITY button also gives AEGIS AND STABLITY.

Stop being condescending, all of you.

Edited by Shiyo.3578

23 hours ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

If you want to give content "actual replay value" through the reward system you should choose a reward that has real longevity. Right now you craft a legendary armor, it goes into the armory and you unlock it's skin. Then what? Making a second copy is functionally useless, so at maximum you have 3 full sets of armor pieces and then the replay value drops to zero. So we are back at square one, where the content is bad because is has no replay value.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

Mechanist is the strongest support in the game. Alacrity mechanist is the best alacrity giver, and it's also the best healer. It's mostly what people ask for now, and you more often than not get people offering to play it when pugging. There's no trade off when your ALACRITY button also gives AEGIS AND STABLITY.

Stop being condescending, all of you.

Do you hate heal scrapper too? The only difference is quickness vs alacrity and fury/might. Bulwark gyro with toolbelt (Defense Field)/purge gyro is more or less the same function as barrier burst/barrier signet and crisis zone , a few seconds of aegis is not gamebreaking on 30s base cooldown and there's no cooldown reduction on the heal mech build.

Keep in mind if you are in med kit then you aren't applying alacrity via mace; CC is rather poor for fractal use as well as the mech's boon source being a liability if it dies or is CC-ed.

Anyone who plays WvW already knows heal scrapper has the highest healing when boons are up , compounded by quickness speeding up med kit.

Edited by Infusion.7149

Yes, the game has a dodge button and it should be used, not aegis/stab.

Yes dps skill too, heal skill too, boon skill too, all made from evil!
Just get 10 people and auto attack bosses to death!
The true way to play the game!