Jade Bot System needs to be redesigned

The Jade Bot implementation right now is horrible for anyone with many alts. Every character needs there own core (which only jewelers can craft; get ready to do lots of bank juggling), chips are numerous enough to occupy whole bank tabs on their own, and high level cores are VERY VERY expensive to craft (ascended mats needed for lvl 10). This means anyone with significant numbers of alts is either putting in HUGE efforts to max the system or ignoring it due to it being a hassle. And even those who want to probably can't afford to fully outfit 10, 20, 30, 40 (yes some people do this) alts fully.

The entire system should be account based, like other masteries. You make a core all characters share, the chips should be crafted once, then available for everyone. The current system is like if you had to unlock mounts one at a time for each character with a huge crafting gate. As it stands most people will probably equip MAYBE a few characters to use the system and basically ignore it otherwise.

For people comparing this to regular gear, gear pieces fall out of the sky in the course of play. You ca earn them by p,laying, with achievements, etc. Only very special ones you have to work for are gated. You can use freely given gear to access all your weapon skills, but you get only 1 free jade core (per story run) and nothing else, and without it the ENTIRE Jade Bot ecosystem is disabled for a character. No chests, no hearts needing jade bots to fly around, no zip lines, no free rez, nothing. An entire track rendered completely nonfunctional, something NO OTHER MASTERY DOES.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 6

3 minutes ago, mythical.6315 said:

It’s not like it’s all that difficult or expensive to craft them. They’re also fairly cheap on the TP. 

Atm, level 10 power cores are going for 43g 25s. While that's certainly doable for one alt, that amount of gold adds up very quickly when you have more alts. Currently, I've got 32 alts so giving them all the best power core would cost 1,384 gold. Don't know about  you but I wouldn't call that fairly cheap. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Chichimec.9364 said:

Atm, level 10 power cores are going for 43g 25s. While that's certainly doable for one alt, that amount of gold adds up very quickly when you have more alts. Currently, I've got 32 alts so giving them all the best power core would cost 1,384 gold. Don't know about  you but I wouldn't call that fairly cheap. 

You don’t need to use level 10 power cores…

The level 1 power cores are around 1.5G and cheaper if crafted. 

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 9

1 minute ago, mythical.6315 said:

The core functions are available with the level 1 cores. 

Hmm, could've sworn I just said you don't need the level 10 core unless you want the best vitality buff. So I take it as a given that "The core functions are available with the level 1 cores."

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Just now, Chichimec.9364 said:

Hmm, could've sworn I just said you don't need the level 10 core unless you want the best vitality buff. So I take it as a given that "The core functions are available with the level 1 cores."

Extra stats should not be automatically unlocked to all characters. If you want the extra stats then you need to craft the higher level cores. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 8

4 minutes ago, mythical.6315 said:

Extra stats should not be automatically unlocked to all characters. If you want the extra stats then you need to craft the higher level cores. 

Funny, I don't recall saying that "Extra stats should be automatically unlocked to all characters." What I thought I did say was that the stuff for the jade bots were not cheap if you had a number of alts and you wanted the best gear for them. So far you haven't responded to that so I'm not sure why we are going back and forth like this.  🙃

Edited by Chichimec.9364
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

Just now, Chichimec.9364 said:

Funny, I don't recall saying that extra stats should be automatically unlocked to all characters." What I thought I did was just say the stuff for the jade bots were not cheap if you had a number of alts and you wanted the best gear for them. So far you haven't responded to that so I'm not sure why we are going back and forth like this.  🙃

Then what are you even arguing against? 

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

1 minute ago, Chichimec.9364 said:

I'm not arguing. I'm simply responding in confusion to your repeated quotes of me that don't have anything to do with what I've actually said. Like this one.

If that’s what you want to believe. You’re the one who responded to my posts. 

• Confused 6

35 minutes ago, Chichimec.9364 said:

In any case, I think we've hijacked this thread long enough with a discussion that has little to do with the op. So I'm not going to respond anymore to you, @mythical.6315 so as to allow other folks to comment on the op's post if they want to.

Read the last paragraph of the OP. 

If the last paragraph had actually been read, it would be shown that no hijacking of the thread has occurred and every post of mine as been in response to it.

The OP brought up that the core functions were locked behind needing to get cores.  I responded that the level 1 power cores are fairly cheap as they are only 1.5G on the TP.  They're like 1G if you craft them (or have a friend do it).  This leaves the only benefits that the higher level cores provide are additional stats and access to the service chips which only need a level 6 power core.

Below is the last paragraph of the OP's post for reference.  I bolded the part that my posts have been responding to.

For people comparing this to regular gear, gear pieces fall out of the sky in the course of play. You ca earn them by p,laying, with achievements, etc. Only very special ones you have to work for are gated. You can use freely given gear to access all your weapon skills, but you get only 1 free jade core (per story run) and nothing else, and without it the ENTIRE Jade Bot ecosystem is disabled for a character. No chests, no hearts needing jade bots to fly around, no zip lines, no free rez, nothing. An entire track rendered completely nonfunctional, something NO OTHER MASTERY DOES.

You also stated that you don't think that the stats should be unlocked on all characters in the quote below.

Funny, I don't recall saying that "Extra stats should be automatically unlocked to all characters."

This leaves just the service chips.  Why not just use the level 6 cores then?  They're only 14.3G to buy or 9G to craft with the bulk of the cost coming from orichalcum ore, iron ore, and ecto.  That's only 458G (or 288G if crafted) to equip your 32 alts.  Don't forget that you're in the minority here as the majority of players don't have anywhere near that many characters.  The cost for them will be much much lower.

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

18 hours ago, Chichimec.9364 said:

Currently, I've got 32 alts so giving them all the best power core would cost 1,384 gold.

Did you outfit each of those 32 alts with the best ascended equipment (armor, weapons, trinkets, breather) from the moment each of them reached lvl 80?

Even a player that regularly plays/played t4 fractals and raids needed weeks and months to get to the point where they had ascended stuff comming out of their behind (if ever), and likely years for full legendary equipment. Why should Jade Bot equipment be available from the get go and without the usual premium required for early adopting?

To unlock the basic jade bot functionality you need a t1 power core per character. Even if you want to buy them right now, without any time investment, you're looking at around 46 gold (31 cores at just under 1.5 gold per core, since you already get one as story reward when you unlock the bot for the first time). If you have all your characters equipped to the max, then that gold shouldn't be a big problem for you.

Unlocking extra stats and extra features (in many cases extra loot) for each of my characters (I "only" have 27 of them on my main account) sure sounds nice. Who would say no to extra loot if it's offered to them free of charge? But despite liking free stuff myself, I still feel spreading the extras you can get from investing in higher-tier jade bot equipment to all characters at no extra investment is unbalanced.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I'm torn on  this  myself. Not because it is expensive to craft multiple cores, by all means stat benefits should cost, but rather how inconvenient the entire system is.

Steps of inconvenience:

1. All jade bot cores and upgrades are in a separate tab. Okay, need to keep a spreadsheet at hand which character has which upgrade

2. Removing and adding upgrades requires walking to an extra workbench. Fine, buy one for the home instance and just visit my personal guild with each character I want to change things with

3. Upgrades are many and don't stack well (let's not get into some being bugged still). Hrmm, guess I'll clean out 1-2 bank tabs and use my bank access express more often

4. Different upgrades require different types of core levels (which I am sure can/will be expanded upon stat wise) to function. So back to the spreadsheet, cross reference which upgrades are where, visit my guild hall or jade bot bench....

Seems very convoluted. It's not only alt unfriendly. It's in general not fun.

- Remove the workbench necessities or add a cost to swap off workbench (or alternatively have Jewelcrafters craft these. Think transmitaion charges player crafted IF this is supposed to stay)

- make upgrades unlocks. Have a resource consumed upon slotting. See the wardrobe system

- make specific desired jade bot core functions drops which unlock the upgrade. New desired item type created and it gets consumed as players unlock them

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Rasimir.6239 said:

Did you outfit each of those 32 alts with the best ascended equipment (armor, weapons, trinkets, breather) from the moment each of them reached lvl 80?...

Actually, my goal is to outfit them all with legendary gear, which I have been seriously working on for quite a while now. Hmm, I wonder if, at some point, there will be legendary versions of the jade bot cores and such. Now that would be interesting... 🙃

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Seems very convoluted.

I totally agree with you on that. Personally I've so far crafted 3 sets of jade bot stuff with t6 cores and two modules per set, and am rotating them to characters I want to seriously play in the new content. On the plus side, this helps me to focus on a few characters rather than planlessly logging from one alt to another all the time 😂.

I am hoping the jade bot setup will be streamlined eventually, but I honestly don't see account-wide equipment (unless it's absurdely expensive legendary tier equipment that is the equipvalent investment to a couple of hundred regular maxed-out sets).

• Like 1

I do feel for people with a lot of alts. Even my 10 characters, most whom I rarely play, would be a chore to set up. However, for a single character the system isn't too bad. My one complaint would be the how a "Level 1 Service Chip" requires a "Level 6 Core". Why do that? It's just confusing.

• Like 4

The core mod should have a baseline that is working on every character, without having to buy some crap from the TP / craft some crap. I go to some EoD map on an alt, then I notice I have to get a core to interact with all the jade bot stuff. Really not cool.

For the other mods... I don't care really. Would be nice to have some baseline you can equip on any of your characters, but to me not being able to interact with the jade bot stuff is a much bigger problem.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

22 hours ago, Boogiepop Void.6473 said:

The entire system should be account based, like other masteries.

Agreed. Gliding's fun because once you get it and rank it up, you can jump off cliffs at will (barring no fly zones) on all characters. Mounts are fun because you can blow past trash mobs on a low-level alt without having to fight your way through Path of Fire to get your Raptor. Essence gathering? Oakheart vines? Passive speed buff in cities? Plug and play across all characters, enhancing the base experience for your alts after first achieving them on your main. Intuitive. Easy.

Jade Bots are... work. Always. For every character. Gearing up and maintaining them is tedious, in some cases interfering with existing systems. The bots honestly need to go back to the drawing board in terms of alt-friendliness, inventory management, and general accessibility. Fishing can get right in line behind them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, Boogiepop Void.6473 said:

This means anyone with significant numbers of alts is either putting in HUGE efforts to max the system or ignoring it due to it being a hassle. And even those who want to probably can't afford to fully outfit 10, 20, 30, 40 (yes some people do this) alts fully.

Full 80 character list here, bought the few recent ones that still were missing pre EoD since I was so much looking forward to it.

Crafted one Level 10 core relatively early and then adopted the habit of switching it on and off at the jade bot station and putting it in the bank / taking it from there whenever I switch characters.

At first it was like "Well, okay, a bit tedious but it'll do"....today I reached a point where I didn't even want to play anymore, logged in for about 10 seconds and was like "Oh jeez, another walk to the bank and another switch later on? Jeez, no thanks"

All it does as it is like now is draining out the fun and making you walk uneccessarily.

Of course I could just craft 80 level 10 cores or not use them at all, but both is not really an option.....not using them not being one especially in EoD-Areas where a core is mandatory.

So PLEASE Anet, make them accountwide accessible. As it is now, at the system does is draining the fun out of the game and making you walk uneccessary extra miles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, mythical.6315 said:

You don’t need to use level 10 power cores…

The level 1 power cores are around 1.5G and cheaper if crafted. 

So, making all other characters who you do not equip with one minor characters? So it's okay Anet is forcing multi-char users to decide which characters we want to mark as "trash"?

• Confused 1