Virtuoso Changes 22/03/15

mungozen.2379

Not to cause any alarm but, I didn't see any Mesmer or Virtuoso updates in the patch notes this morning.  However I am averaging a minimum of 1k DPS above my prior average with the exact same build (Condi Celestial) I ran yesterday.  It appears that Jagged Mind got a buff to 5s Bleed on Crit from 3s. 

Still looking for other changes.......

It may be that Dagger base dmg changed for all 3 skills, but I cannot confirm.

Edited by Mungo Zen.9364
Updated Title

Updated patch notes confirm:

Virtuoso's condition damage options are intended to be a high-sustain build for general play. However, we'd still like to bring it a little bit closer to the power builds in damage, so this patch increases the bleeding duration from both the Jagged Mind trait and the F2 Bladesong.Jagged Mind:

• Bleed duration in PvE increased from 3 seconds to 5 seconds.
  • Bladesong Sorrow: Bleed duration per hit increased from 3 seconds to 5 seconds.

While it isn't noted in the patch notes, it appears that dagger 1 and 2 may be nerfed and dagger 3 is buffed?  Can anyone confirm this?

1 hour ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

There's no power nerfs listed in the update notes...

That's why I was asking if anyone can confirm any changes to Dagger skills.  I am assuming I am overlooking something but when comparing the Wiki to In Game values Dagger 1 and 2 are lower and Dagger 3 is higher in damage.  However, for comparison I was able to confirm that Pistol and Focus, and all Virtuoso Utility skills are the same.

________Edit - I figured out what I was missing______

I realized what I was overlooking.  If you look at the Build Tab -> Weapon Skills it doesn't show the base damage as expected.  It shows base damage with no weapon equipped.  If I equip a weapon with say Minstrel's (no power) it shows the strike damage the same as the wiki

Edited by Mungo Zen.9364

• mungozen.2379 changed the title to Virtuoso Changes 22/03/15

I'm very happy with my axe/pistol Mirage, so I haven't even really tried Virtuoso. I got the impression in the betas that it was intended to be a glass cannon, power burst spec.

I'm curious from the community's experience, does ArenaNet's stated goal of "a high-sustain build for general play" seem like it's within reach of Virtuoso?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Gwynnion.7364 said:

They really, really, really want people to play condi Virtuoso for some reason.

It's literally all their buffing when there's so many other things this thing needs. 

43 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I'm very happy with my axe/pistol Mirage, so I haven't even really tried Virtuoso. I got the impression in the betas that it was intended to be a glass cannon, power burst spec.

I'm curious from the community's experience, does ArenaNet's stated goal of "a high-sustain build for general play" seem like it's within reach of Virtuoso?

Nope, certainly not in comparison to Mirage.  Getting 5 stacks of confusion on the F2 baseline is nice, but really nothing beats being able to go staff/staff and literally solo legendary bounties on condi mirage. 

Edited by mortrialus.3062
  • Like 2

For condi I'm sticking with mirage, largely because I don't want to blow more money crafting it, and also because my invisible bag is getting... cramped.  The mirage spec requires Sigil of Energy to function, so all of my condi weapons have that equipped instead of malice or bursting.  I already have so many duplicate weapons for different builds (including power mirage), so now I just can't fit anymore in there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I think it's difficult to imagine what that high sustain build looks like. The optimal Virt condi build forces you to crit for Bleeds and take VIT for condi duration.

From a prefix POV, it's hard to imagine what one you would take for a 'high-sustain' build other than Celestial. The ideal situation here is Precision, Condi D, Expertise and Vit ... well, OK Anet 🙄

From a trait perspective, you have Virt. You probably want Dueling. I'm still deciding between Chaos or Inspiration. It's hard to imagine these being 'high' sustain without supplementing directly with Runes of some kind. 

I said this during beta and I think it's starting to come true; the difficulty playing Virt is going to be to balance blade generation with shattering because if you have 5 blades, you don't generate more, unlike clones that overwrite each other because they can be destroyed. That means any sustain you get from blade procs won't work for you if you have too few OR too many blades. Pile on the "need to crit lots and have VIT for a decent condi build" ... not sure how Anet's stated goal in inline with all THAT. 

I'm sure there is some build out there where you can play a high sustain cVirt ... but I really don't expect that build to have much relevance in play. it's DPS is likely Putzie. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Ombras.2853 said:

REMagic just posted a 4K condi Virtuoso vid by the way.

If the buff is that high, there are actually several reasons to play it over Mirage.

Condi fights usually can capitalize on confusion as well, if you mean 40K not 4K.

Edited by Infusion.7149

If running full ascended and precision infusions (bit out of my budget at the moment) this set up is very similar to REM's with slightly better values.  With Fury it's 98.26% crit chance, 100% bleed uptime, 50% on confusion, torment and poison.  171% crit damage multiplier and decent Power and Condi Damage.

Can run offhand sword in a swap set and the sword trait in Dueling or be lazy and rum blind trait in Dueling and stay with pistol offhand.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiBBgqhrllW6QCZsxukSmbjW+WdxfA-zRRYmxtrIExDS8KISqFKI9dSEhBPk9wbBmfL-e

It's mostly for open world since you can tweak the gear more if you have spotter around in a group scenario.

• Thanks 1