so is the turtle finally purchasable?

34 minutes ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Its forced strike time! 

The Kaineng strike is by far less of an issue than what the requirement of the DE meta was. Probably still too difficult for the so-called 'filthy casuals' but it's not an overly difficult strike. It should be doable for the average GW2 player. Whether this is fair for the true casual is something I can't answer.

• Like 1

Just now, Desh.7028 said:

Actually having to engage with content (and easy one at that, Jade Maw scaling is kittened but it's super easy if no one tags up) to get ingame rewards. The turtle was never promised as a gift but a new mount "faster to earn than the Skyscale"(sic).

This participation ribbon nonesense leads to very unengaging game design.

I mentioned it because for some having to do a Strike for the mount is the end of the world, despite it being one of the easier parts of the last collection.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LuRkEr.9462 said:

Don't be scared of the strike its fairly easy. Helps if the group watches a video before hand like Mukluk's EOD Strike video. 

Oh I know its easy, I'm not someone who would struggle with it, its just funny everytime I remember them commenting on how this would be like unlocking the beetle. This whole thing is a giant meme to me 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, morsdood.1987 said:

Can't wait to see a bunch of whine threads about ''being forced to do open world content I don't like''

I'm waiting for the Kale prices to skyrocket even more and then have forum posts about "Kale prices are too much! Anet give us free Kale" hahaahahah.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

28 minutes ago, morsdood.1987 said:

Can't wait to see a bunch of whine threads about ''being forced to do open world content I don't like''

The Levi is easy and the Maw is easy too if less people show up, are you just being toxic for being toxic now? Must be fun at parties. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Gorem.8104 said:

The Levi is easy

It is probably easy now, since a bunch of people have Depth Charges, but I unfortunately still see people just swimming around the Leviathan doing nothing.

25 minutes ago, Gorem.8104 said:

the Maw is easy too if less people show up

If less people show up, with the amount of people getting their turtle eggs I'm expecting the threads about the Jade Maw increasing in a few hours due to 40 people throwing themselves at it and getting chokeslammed by the awful scaling.

• Like 1

Jade Maw is basically fractal Solid ocean but poorly scaled. Anyone who has done that knows how easy it is but you kind have to find an empty map to increase your success rate.

Got lucky to find a map where people AFK boycott DE. Only 3 people including me did this event and we won without too much trouble.