Thank you for the siege turtle skins!

I'm waiting for a strike mission alternative, though I doubt it will ever happen... if it doesn't happen, I'll never get the turtle mount. I don't care about the meta requirement or paying with writs for the turtle egg, as I've already done the meta. The meta is the least of my concern.

I hate raids and strike missions which require 10+ people to know exactly what they're doing because I personally don't have a good attention span and I can't multi-task, so strike missions isn't an option for me - and we shouldn't be forced into game play modes we don't like, much like I don't expect PvE players to have to do my preferred game play mode, WvW, for gifts of battle.

I also hope that one day Anet will scrap the 2 player thing and just allow the siege turtle owner to both move and use the cannon.

It's nice that Anet released siege turtle mount skins for those who can do the strike mission requirement.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

6 minutes ago, Zaoda.1653 said:

I hate raids and strike missions which require 10+ people to know exactly what they're doing because I personally don't have a good attention span and I can't multi-task, so strike missions isn't an option for me

The strike mission is very easy, have very obvious tells, and has no timer, try it, with a group you lead or join a friend who leads.

• Like 1
  • Confused 7

23 minutes ago, GoldenPants.1870 said:

The strike mission is very easy, have very obvious tells, and has no timer, try it, with a group you lead or join a friend who leads.

Very easy indeed. But be prepared to wait a lot around when the team wipes as people will ragequit after one wipe almost 100%. 
Took almsot an hour when I did it about a week ago due to people quitting all the kitten time. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

4 hours ago, GoldenPants.1870 said:

It's really not easy. And anyone who says it's easy is not qualified to judge how easy or hard it is.  It absolutely depends on your knoweledge, skill level and who you're playing with.  I got it done, twice even, since other guildies need help and I sure as hell didn't find it easy. It's easy FOR YOU. That's all you can say.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Zaoda.1653 said:

I hate raids and strike missions which require 10+ people to know exactly what they're doing because I personally don't have a good attention span and I can't multi-task, so strike missions isn't an option for me - and we shouldn't be forced into game play modes we don't like, much like I don't expect PvE players to have to do my preferred game play mode, WvW, for gifts of battle.

Don't worry raid guilds will be selling carry in no time.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

57 minutes ago, GoldenPants.1870 said:

I mean, if you completed the story instance, you can already do the strike, there is barely any difference between them.

If you actually read the post you responded to, you'd realize that the quote is the answer to your response.

Since you obviously didn't read it, i will repeat again: It's not the difficulty of the strike that is a problem. It's the fact that it is a strike.

But, if you insist on saying that there's no difference between the story instance and the strike, why not change the turtle collection requirement from the strike to the story instance (or either one or the other, whichever someone might prefer)?

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 7
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Since you obviously didn't read it, i will repeat again: It's not the difficulty of the strike that is a problem. It's the fact that it is a strike.

I don’t see the problem, what is so wrong about it being a strike ? Like I genuinly do not understand what is the problem here.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

3 minutes ago, GoldenPants.1870 said:

I don’t see the problem, what is so wrong about it being a strike ? Like I genuinly do not understand what is the problem here.

To use an example from another thread, it's like asking a greenpeace member to go on a hunting trip. And someone saying "I don’t see the problem, what is so wrong about it being a hunting trip ? Like I genuinly do not understand what is the problem here."

• Like 4
  • Confused 4

6 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

To use an example from another thread, it's like asking a greenpeace member to go on a hunting trip

I don’t see any similarities between the two, Like, it’s just 1 strike, thats all that is, and then its over, again, why is it wrong with it being a strike, in direct terms, please, and not comparisons, because that didn’t make a lot of sense, no matter how I try to understand it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

1 minute ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

I'd love for it to be about skins. For this I'd need to have a turtle first, though.

Why is it about you? Why can’t you let others talk about the skins? There are several other threads about the requirements. The time you spent here complaining, you could have easily done the strike mission. But I guess it’s just about complaining for you. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 6