Can I refund all the stuff I spent on my ele?

Sporks.4395

Serious question. Is there a way to refund all the extra bag slots, gear slots, and build slots now that the class is completely reserved for support and not interesting to play again? Maybe at least let me transfer them to my FB that I would love to main for the 5th year in a row........ zzzzz.....

• Like 11
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, Sporks.4395 said:

Serious question. Is there a way to refund all the extra bag slots, gear slots, and build slots now that the class is completely reserved for support and not interesting to play again? Maybe at least let me transfer them to my FB that I would love to main for the 5th year in a row........ zzzzz.....

Sadly I don't think you can, unless Anet's changed their policy.

32 minutes ago, GoldenPants.1870 said:

Can’t quickness and mega DPS anymore. Oh no. The horror.

Show me a log of somebody doing mega dps and quickness on a strike/raidboss. The dps was very conditional to begin with. Only worked when inside of a big enough hitbox. faceroll condi signet mech still does 40k but this is fine since it doesnt require a complicated rotation. those are toxic anyways and should have way lower dps than half afk ai stuff. sarcasm btw.

Condi fb still does 38k+ while giving quickness. you just need 2 of them.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

27 minutes ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

Show me a log of somebody doing mega dps and quickness on a strike/raidboss. The dps was very conditional to begin with. Only worked when inside of a big enough hitbox. faceroll condi signet mech still does 40k but this is fine since it doesnt require a complicated rotation. those are toxic anyways and should have way lower dps than half afk ai stuff. sarcasm btw.

No no no, Engi and Guard are Anet's golden childs, they don't receive the weird stuff such heavy nerfs or broken dodge mechanics. That's why they nerf Vindicator oneshot potential while allowing Engineer to oneshot you from stealth with grenade barrage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

Doesn't harbinger do like 40k and perma quickness? 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Sporks.4395 said:

This is why I've never bought character-specific upgrades from the gem store.

I've found my game enjoyment requires I keep several characters of different professions that can quickly become my new main.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, wayneericgouin.9371 said:

On mobs that don't move maybe. The damage source is torment after all

On golem yes, but that can be said for every "benchmark" ever, like, no one does those numbers on the real thing, yet the game balance is always done around those numbers. Same for catalyst, like no one did those numbers, but anet nerfed them anyway, yet left harbinger as is?

Idk, after maining mesmer since the beginning, i'm kinda done trying to figure out who does balancing in this game.

It would probably be best if they just keep Guardian, Engi and Necro as classes, delete the rest, let only the golden child professions play.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Doesn't harbinger do like 40k and perma quickness? 

no. quickness harb needs a fairly heavy trait investment. dps harb does 40k but it doesnt buff quickness. you can take 2 full dps brands both taking mantra and an adept trait for a very low dps cost.

the "stack 3-4 full dps catas for quickness" strat needed to get nuked from orbit but there are far better ways to achieve that than just murdering the entire spec. they could have swapped the orb trait so it provides fury baseline and quickness with trait for example. this would have solved this issue without murdering dps cata or well cata in general now. if you cant camp inside the hitbox its on SUB REAPER LEVEL NOW.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

no. quickness harb needs a fairly heavy trait investment. dps harb does 40k but it doesnt buff quickness. you can take 2 full dps brands both taking mantra and an adept trait for a very low dps cost.

the "stack 3-4 full dps catas for quickness" strat needed to get nuked from orbit but there are far better ways to achieve that than just murdering the entire spec. they could have swapped the orb trait so it provides fury baseline and quickness with trait for example. this would have solved this issue without murdering dps cata or well cata in general now. if you cant camp inside the hitbox its on SUB REAPER LEVEL NOW.

Yes, the spec is already pretty clunky, tried to play ti and I don't really understand it. But it didn't deserved such a massive rollback. It kinda made it even more clunky and well, bad...

Idk, in my opinion, several new elite could do with a ground up redesign, but barring that, just don't make then worse lol, right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Have anyone that criticizes our "whining" seen Firebrand? Harbinger? Scrapper? Catalyst went from a viable support build to being literally worse than Chronomancer in a single update. They didn't nerf boon support Catalyst. They effectively killed it and its viability. There is literally no reason to run Quickness Catalyst now. None. It'd be better to take Chronomancer over it now, and there's three other classes that do this FAR better now and bring far more to the table while also causing more DPS than both Chronomancer and Catalyst. None of what was said above is an exaggeration. These are literal facts in terms of what each of these classes bring to the table in any encounter.

Firebrand Quickness: Literally provides easy access to nearly every boon in the game, high sustain, very high DPS. Rotation basically doesn't exist and whatever rotation that does exist is extremely simple and easy to do, even in realistic scenarios. There is literally no downsides to running this class, besides low vitality pool which is nearly moot due to high sustain.

Harbinger: While low amount of boons, it has very high DPS, easy quickness with almost 0 downsides. Build is similar to how Firebrand sets theirs up.

Scrapper: Insane levels of utility on top of fair damage and easy quickness centered on themselves. Their sustain is unmatched. Boons for days, easy utility with everything else.

Now Catalyst?

Yeah it benched 33k-ish. BUT it also had a fair amount of downsides that are now PAINFULLY obvious.
1. The wells were wherever you placed them. Cool. The moment the group needed to move for anything, they don't get anything. And now with the current "balance", it's up to 14 seconds of *nothing* because of the Jade Sphere nerf. You need quickness? Sorry buddy, gotta wait for my CD's because we had to walk to escape a mechanic. Extra might? Nope.

2. Getting that actual DPS benched in a unrealistic scenario was near impossible already, and definitely impossible in any realistic scenarios. Its rotation is rather hard. Sure stacking catas could've been nerfed, but there was far more graceful ways of doing this. Such as either nerfing specific abilities, and the floating orbs hammer (3 skill) to only hit in certain ways. Jade Sphere did not need to be touched. DPS nerf I could completely see needing to be toned down, but the Jade Sphere was not necessary.

Elementalist *finally* had some actual f***ing diversity we've been asking for literal years. It has four attunements, very high potential of diversity of gameplay styles, but because of how things are, it almost never used it in any instanced content. Open world....no one gives a kitten. Why take Heal Tempest when Druid exists and does the same thing but better, on top of better types of CC access for example? You go into raid or strike groups and you NEVER see Heal Tempest being asked for. There's a reason for this. We finally got a support role rather than being relegated to just pure DPS (which they nerfed into the ground unnecessarily too), even though it was hard as hell to achieve. And they just killed it in two weeks, bringing it back to what it was in beta, which NO ONE liked. There was a reason everyone complained about Catalyst during beta.

Anet does not play the things they create in the content these types of roles are meant for to test for edge cases. They don't. If they did, these nerfs wouldn't be happening. Anyone saying otherwise is lying through their kitten teeth. They really need to ask their community to get actual feedback, which to be fair some of it will be biased, but they can easily find other solutions through ideas from other people.

For those don't read. Tl;dr

Their DPS nerf put DPS Catalyst to being weaker than Power Reaper. That's not the issue in the first place though. It's how hard it is to achieve very high levels of DPS in real scenarios, and now there's no reward for good gameplay.

Their Jade Sphere nerf killed:
Healing Quickness Catalyst and Quickness Catalyst in any instanced content. It is now effectively worse than the position Chronomancer is in.

I'm an elementalist main, and they are REALLY driving me and the many others who actually love this class to just never use it again. Many ele mains I've known quit this class because of things like this.

Edited by Seraphis Zurvan.6839
Spelling error.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 2

I get the feeling that anet is about to nerf the base value of quickness. Going from 50% to 20% then to 100% show that anet is intending to make the quickness boon from the ele class worthless unless you take the GM.

Don't trust anet on any thing they do for the ele class they will always nerf it every time. Don't spend money on this game or ele because this keeps happening.

They do need a reroll for classes.

3 hours ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

These are the exact same type of arguments mesmers used when we got nerfed into oblivion.  And still underperform.    Get used to it now, it's done.   

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Monkey Shoes.7043 said:

These are the exact same type of arguments mesmers used when we got nerfed into oblivion.  And still underperform.    Get used to it now, it's done.   

Well both things can be true at the same time. And Anet can still be wrong on both things!

That the odd things they are wrong most of the time these days i am not sure how they keep there jobs at this point dose ncsoft even look into what they are doing at this point or is it realty all number of users and not money spent? Do we need to start a campaign of writing to ncsoft?

Edited by Jski.6180
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Jski.6180 said:

Well both things can be true at the same time. And Anet can still be wrong on both things!

That the odd things they are wrong most of the time these days i am not sure how they keep there jobs at this point dose ncsoft even look into what they are doing at this point or is it realty all number of users and not money spent? Do we need to start a campaign of writing to ncsoft?

NCSoft is a lot of the problem with Anets problem as it is lmao. They aren't going to do anything about it.

9 hours ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

This is absolutely true. Anet saw Roul's benchmark of catalyst doing 44k dmg against a test golem and went into hard panic mode. WTF. Have the devs actuallly tried to play pre-nerf catalyst in real world PVE or PVP ? (Ie, not against a test dummy). Only a handful of people in the world have the skill to maintain anything close to 44k dmg with pre-nerf catalyst. And yet Anet saw this one video and say "Oh noez we made a mistake. Catalyst can do 33% more damage then any other class, so we have to triple the cooldown of F5".  Honestly, this is absolutely the most stupid, incompetent low IQ thing I have ever witnessed in game dev.

If anet do not reverse this nerf, or try and do something to fix catalyst asap then there is something seriously wrong. Everyone wanting refunds for the ele expenditures are COMPLETELY justified. 

I actually raised a support ticket about Catalyst being unusable in PVE and PVP. Support responded by telling me to communicate with the devs in this forum.

Do the devs actually read this? Who knows? They probably do for a laugh but then move on to more pressing bug fixes.

Anyway, the fact is that catalyst is an absoluetly useless class. It showed signs of some promise in the hands of a few very high-level players. But anet have now nerfed it it to hell. 

It is NOT a fun class to play. I don't how the devs can let this roll and still have a conscience

Edited by dicemaster.1432
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, GoldenPants.1870 said:

Can’t quickness and mega DPS anymore. Oh no. The horror.

Hopefully one day such ignorant sarcastic edgy responses will become bannable on this forum. All they do is try to dismiss discussion and waste Anet's forum servers storage space.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Honestly, good question.

I am currently transferring everything off my Ele (mained since start of GW2) onto my Guardian.

The 40% sale for templates is tomorrow, so not too bad timing wise. But Bag Slots will need to come around again.

Ele will just be an item storage character now...

Feelsbadman

• Like 1
  • Sad 1